Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]

  1.    20 Jul 2016 #931

    AnonVendetta said: View Post
    The last driver posted by DooGie made my ultrabook's audio sound really low, I can barely hear my games audio, even though volume is 100%. Used to sound a lot louder.
    Better to stick to a driver that works good, it's not necessary to update all the time. I have 2 year old driver and there's nothing new on newer ones.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       20 Jul 2016 #932

    AnonVendetta said: View Post
    The last driver posted by DooGie in post #919 made my ultrabook's audio sound really low, I can barely hear my games audio, even though volume is 100%. Used to sound a lot louder.
    On my PC the volume level is the same as with the previous driver build 7874.
    It just goes to show that the HD drivers performance can vary from one machine to another.

    I agree with CountMike's post but I'm just a compulsive tweaker and always want to try out the latest builds.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    20 Jul 2016 #933

    DooGie said: View Post
    On my PC the volume level is the same as with the previous driver build 7874.
    It just goes to show that the HD drivers performance can vary from one machine to another.

    I agree with CountMike's post but I'm just a compulsive tweaker and always want to try out the latest builds.
    Me too but there are occasions when I have to go back.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Home x64
       20 Jul 2016 #934

    Waves MaxxAudio is working? Who is responsible, Realtek? or Waves? or Dell in my case?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       20 Jul 2016 #935

    X6205 said: View Post
    Waves MaxxAudio is working? Who is responsible, Realtek? or Waves? or Dell in my case?
    If I were you I'd check out the Dell website first.

    There are a few Maxx Audio drivers on the Realtek ftp though.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4
    Windows 10 Home x64
       20 Jul 2016 #936

    uhm


    DooGie said: View Post
    If I were you I'd check out the Dell website first.

    There are a few Maxx Audio drivers on the Realtek ftp though.
    I am affraid that Dell/Alienware does not give a damn about supporting their old desktops, in my case X51 R2. They dont even bother to say that old 8.1 driver is working. So much for premium brand or premium audio.. But ultimatelly, blame is on Microsoft.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    20 Jul 2016 #937

    I was wondering if there is a fix for my issue. Every time I install any Realtek audio driver I get an error in the View Reliability history. You can see from the pic that the error is the ATKEX exe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	91096

    The only fix I know of is deleting the file which I do and all works fine. But I also update my other systems (Windows 7 and 8.1) and this error never appears because the ATKEX exe file is never installed at the location. So this only happens in Windows 10. I can see the file get placed there and if I leave it every day I get the error in history. I just delete it and I get no errors in the VRH logs at all, but I am wondering if there is an actual fix or why is this file and Windows 10 getting grumpy with each other?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64
       20 Jul 2016 #938

    Hi guys, since I switched to Windows 10 Enterprise I'm having a small problem: I hear once in while (maybe twice in an hour, rarely enough anyway) the audio stuttering like it's going to freeze. It happens very quickly maybe less than a second, but it's clear that something is wrong. It happens when I'm gaming, watching a movie, using youtube with chrome..so it's not an application, it's something wrong with the drivers I think. I never had this problem on windows 7 ultimate with the latest drivers found on the gygabyte site. My motherboard mounts a Realtek ALC889. When I first started using win10 I installed the 7867 build found here and now I've updated to 7878 but I still have this problem. Any idea what build I can install that is stable enough and compatible with windows 10? Thank you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       20 Jul 2016 #939

    AirPower4ever said: View Post
    I was wondering if there is a fix for my issue. Every time I install any Realtek audio driver I get an error in the View Reliability history. You can see from the pic that the error is the ATKEX exe.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture1.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	121.0 KB 
ID:	91096

    The only fix I know of is deleting the file which I do and all works fine. But I also update my other systems (Windows 7 and 8.1) and this error never appears because the ATKEX exe file is never installed at the location. So this only happens in Windows 10. I can see the file get placed there and if I leave it every day I get the error in history. I just delete it and I get no errors in the VRH logs at all, but I am wondering if there is an actual fix or why is this file and Windows 10 getting grumpy with each other?
    Hi AirPower4ever. The file ATKEX exe is part of an ASUS utility and there are posts on the ASUS forums regarding conflicts between that file and Realtek drivers. Have you checked the ASUS forum, it could provide a solution.
    Sorry I can't be of much help but I don't use an ASUS mobo so have no experience of this problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    20 Jul 2016 #940

    DooGie, thank you for the response. I was in the Asus forums and that's where I found the current method of deleting the file. What is strange is that this only happens in Windows 10. My other systems are Windows 8.1 and 7 which they are all on Asus boards. But on those systems the file is not copied to the directory; hence there is never an error.

    But for my Windows 10 machines the file does get copied and the issue arises. Wondering why the file which is in the zip driver Realtek package gets copied in a Windows 10 environment and not in Windows 8.1 nor 7.

    The file gets copied to C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA

    I'll check out Asus forums again.

    Update: I did find things at the Asus forum so going there. I also found this
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...b-838c2849ac1f

    Thanks for your help DooGie!!
    Last edited by AirPower4ever; 21 Jul 2016 at 08:50. Reason: Update more notes
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs :arrow: Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page Last Updated: February 6th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8366 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10) Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog
Solved Latest Realtek LAN Driver in Drivers and Hardware
Last Updated: January 24th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 10.24.1208.2017 Driver Date: 08-Dec-17 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows) Download: Realtek LAN Driver
Hope you can help me here I have installed Windows 10 today. So far so good, except for the sound volume being REALLY low. It appears that it is a problem with Realtek HD audio driver, so I manually downloaded it, but still the sound is very low....
Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek? At the time. With fresh installation...
I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located herehttps://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02.
Find Us