Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]

  1.    24 Sep 2015 #271

    Brink said: View Post
    Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs


    Note   Note
    Last Updated: September 8th 2015
    DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.7606

    (Only 64-bit Windows 10)

    Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog

    I downloaded from here and got a huge (85mb) .cab file and I cannot tell which of the .exes included in it is the installation .exe. Sorry to be so dense, but there is no file with a name that makes it absolutely clear to me that it's the one I should run. Thanks...

    Edited to add: I am doing this because my audio keeps going to sleep randomly and I have to wake it up by doing all or some of the following: Going into the device manager for the speakers and 'testing' them (they always play); running regedit to get the user access control warning; opening the volume control and moving the slider randomly. Not sure why this is happening but thought I would try new drivers. Samsung is useless for providing driver updates, their system update suggestions are always older than drivers I already have...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    24 Sep 2015 #272

    fotyc said: View Post
    I downloaded from here and got a huge (85mb) .cab file and I cannot tell which of the .exes included in it is the installation .exe. Sorry to be so dense, but there is no file with a name that makes it absolutely clear to me that it's the one I should run. Thanks...

    Edited to add: I am doing this because my audio keeps going to sleep randomly and I have to wake it up by doing all or some of the following: Going into the device manager for the speakers and 'testing' them (they always play); running regedit to get the user access control warning; opening the volume control and moving the slider randomly. Not sure why this is happening but thought I would try new drivers. Samsung is useless for providing driver updates, their system update suggestions are always older than drivers I already have...

    click on cab file highlight all contents in it click unzip make sure you made a folder to unzip it to and point the unzip at the folder, once done go into device manager sound video and game controllers go to realtek hd audio right click update, point the update at, the folder you unzipped the cab to, and wala it will install it. there is no install exe as its a driver only update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    24 Sep 2015 #273

    Tonyb said: View Post
    click on cab file highlight all contents in it click unzip make sure you made a folder to unzip it to and point the unzip at the folder, once done go into device manager sound video and game controllers go to realtek hd audio right click update, point the update at, the folder you unzipped the cab to, and wala it will install it. there is no install exe as its a driver only update.
    Did that, and the system told me that the best driver for my device was already installed. Oh well... I guess this one will be pushed from Windows Update eventually. Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    25 Sep 2015 #274

    fotyc said: View Post
    Did that, and the system told me that the best driver for my device was already installed. Oh well... I guess this one will be pushed from Windows Update eventually. Thanks!
    You are most welcome, hang tight and a new one will be up soon keep a eye on the thread and when it pops up try it, sometimes windows just says that mine did a couple times, till a newer one came out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    25 Sep 2015 #275

    This may be a solution for Realtek HD Audio Driver :

      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       25 Sep 2015 #276

    New builds of Realtek HD WHQL drivers seem to be coming every few days at the moment.

    Latest is build 7620 available from the Realtek ftp server.

    Available here ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/Ge..._Win7_WHQL.zip

    username : spcust
    password : hwwk758z

    Installed with no problems but to me is no different from the previous 3 or 4 builds.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,031
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       25 Sep 2015 #277

    To me, seems like all the WHQL builds from the last 2 months are the same.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    25 Sep 2015 #278

    Any ideas why the sound manager shown with the red arrow pointing at it would not load for me guys when i updated with realtek version? and any ideas on how i could make it work if i decide to do a full version of the driver and software?. As i would really like to do a full software install instead of a driver only. But like i said when i used the last realtek driver it uninstalled the previous, then restarted the system then installed the other, but on that reboot it would not load the sound manager, but it was working and installed as i could go into the folder select it and up it came. Any ideas guys why it would do this, been working ok since system restore to get it back.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	realtek.png 
Views:	35 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	39450
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 1,031
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       25 Sep 2015 #279

    I haven't seen the Sound Manager in Win10 system tray yet with the Realtek drivers, the Realtek HD Audio Manager for me shows up in Control Panel and Start Menu -> All Programs under Realtek.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    25 Sep 2015 #280

    Huh maybe they changed it ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs :arrow: Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page Last Updated: February 6th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8366 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10) Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog
Solved Latest Realtek LAN Driver in Drivers and Hardware
Last Updated: January 24th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 10.24.1208.2017 Driver Date: 08-Dec-17 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows) Download: Realtek LAN Driver
Hope you can help me here I have installed Windows 10 today. So far so good, except for the sound volume being REALLY low. It appears that it is a problem with Realtek HD audio driver, so I manually downloaded it, but still the sound is very low....
Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek? At the time. With fresh installation...
I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located herehttps://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16.
Find Us