Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]


  1. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 64-bit
       11 Dec 2016 #1781

    DooGie said: View Post
    Have you had a look at the Windows Volume Mixer in the system tray? I recently had a Windows update set certain apps volume to zero.
    Here's my Volume Mixer. The audio is set to 8% because that's about as high as I can go without my headphones becoming too loud.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Windows Volume Mixer.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	113311

    Here's the Headphones being detected:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Headphone Detection.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	113310
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Headphone Detection 2.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	113309

    And here's how the Realtek HD Audio Manager looks before and after plugging in my headphones:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audio Manager.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	113308
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       12 Dec 2016 #1782

    Timobkg, in Windows what is your default playback device set to. Is it Headphones or Speakers?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       12 Dec 2016 #1783

    Another Realtek HD Audio driver has appeared on the MUC today. Version 6.0.1.8005 64-bit only.

    Obviously older than build 8010 but I'm going to give them a try anyway.

    Microsoft Update Catalog
    Last edited by DooGie; 12 Dec 2016 at 09:40.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 64-bit
       12 Dec 2016 #1784

    DooGie said: View Post
    Timobkg, in Windows what is your default playback device set to. Is it Headphones or Speakers?
    Speakers. I don't have Headphones as a playback device option, I only have Speakers and the digital options (2 Realtek Digital Outputs, and 4 Digital Display Audios). When I plug in my headphones, the audio output goes through the Speakers playback device.

    I don't know if this was always the case for my motherboard (Asus Z170-A) or if I used to have a separate Headphone device and it was removed in a driver update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       12 Dec 2016 #1785

    Timobkg said: View Post
    Speakers. I don't have Headphones as a playback device option, I only have Speakers and the digital options (2 Realtek Digital Outputs, and 4 Digital Display Audios). When I plug in my headphones, the audio output goes through the Speakers playback device.

    I don't know if this was always the case for my motherboard (Asus Z170-A) or if I used to have a separate Headphone device and it was removed in a driver update.
    That's a pain, I was going to suggest you set the headphones as default playback device then when you unplugged them the speakers would take over.
    I can't really suggest anything because apart from my speakers I use a USB headset which uses it's own driver.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Dec 2016 #1786

    DooGie said: View Post
    Another Realtek HD Audio driver has appeared on the MUC today. Version 6.0.1.8005 64-bit only.

    Obviously older than build 8010 but I'm going to give them a try anyway.

    Microsoft Update Catalog

    As usual, let me know if it's worth updating.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 Dec 2016 #1787

    Timobkg said: View Post
    Speakers. I don't have Headphones as a playback device option, I only have Speakers and the digital options (2 Realtek Digital Outputs, and 4 Digital Display Audios). When I plug in my headphones, the audio output goes through the Speakers playback device.

    I don't know if this was always the case for my motherboard (Asus Z170-A) or if I used to have a separate Headphone device and it was removed in a driver update.

    maybe Like DooGie has you may have to buy yourself a USB headset that has its own set of drivers that way you bypass the realtek audio completely, that may be another option for you as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    13 Dec 2016 #1788

    Electronically speaking, only way a sound card/chip can tell if headphones or speakers are plugged in is by impedance, Low impedance (Ohm) headphones are usually interpreted as speakers/amplifier.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       13 Dec 2016 #1789

    asturias7 said: View Post
    As usual, let me know if it's worth updating.
    To me they sound the same as build 8004 but a lot better than 8010. Since I've installed 8005 I'll keep them on
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    13 Dec 2016 #1790

    Guys is anybody having problems with realtek .i randomly get message that audio jack was unplugged ...
    Already tried with the all the latest drivers from realtek and the latest asus drivers but noting changes...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs :arrow: Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page Last Updated: February 6th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8366 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10) Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog
Solved Latest Realtek LAN Driver in Drivers and Hardware
Last Updated: January 24th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 10.24.1208.2017 Driver Date: 08-Dec-17 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows) Download: Realtek LAN Driver
Hope you can help me here I have installed Windows 10 today. So far so good, except for the sound volume being REALLY low. It appears that it is a problem with Realtek HD audio driver, so I manually downloaded it, but still the sound is very low....
Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek? At the time. With fresh installation...
I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located herehttps://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:16.
Find Us