Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]


  1. Posts : 2,389
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1709 (FCU build 16299.248)
       11 Dec 2016 #1771

    NovHak said: View Post
    The future is coming...
    According to Terminator Genisys the Skynet will be self aware at 2017 and the War with the machines will start...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 Dec 2016 #1772

    spapakons said: View Post
    According to Terminator Genisys the Skynet will be self aware at 2017 and the War with the machines will start...
    In a galaxy far, far away ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 31,131
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       11 Dec 2016 #1773

    CountMike said: View Post
    In a galaxy far, far away ?
    Nope....right here with the Insider Builds......
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    11 Dec 2016 #1774

    Unfortunately i have discovered different boards have different settings according to each manufacture,my kid has the same chipset on her board but from HP and her interface is nowhere advanced as mine is with the same chipset. so i think maybe you might be out of luck as she too has no headphone volume just one for all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 16
    Windows 10 64-bit
       11 Dec 2016 #1775

    Tonyb said: View Post
    Unfortunately i have discovered different boards have different settings according to each manufacture,my kid has the same chipset on her board but from HP and her interface is nowhere advanced as mine is with the same chipset. so i think maybe you might be out of luck as she too has no headphone volume just one for all.
    The thing is, I used to have seperate headphone volume, up until about a few weeks ago. It used to be that when I plugged in my headphones, it would switch to the associated headphone volume, when I unplugged it they'd go back to the speaker volume. Then the driver got updated by Windows and it was gone. I uninstalled the driver entirely, using whatever driver shipped with Windows 10, and that had it again. Then it updated again and took it away. It doesn't seem like I'm overlooking a setting somewhere, which means the functionality was removed, and I don't understand why that functionality was removed. That seems like backwards progress to me.

    I guess my options are to live with my Windows volume set to 8% so that it's not too loud when I need to use headphones, or to hunt around for an older driver version and block Windows from downloading any drivers ever again?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       11 Dec 2016 #1776

    New Driver Features


    I Uninstalled my driver and installed the latest one from realtek (I couldn't get the cab file to work so I used the Realtek package from 11/29/16).

    After install, I got the 'Asus' version of realtek audio manager which I did not expect, and I still cannot select Dolby 5.1/ Digital live from the list of output formats.

    I was hoping the new drivers would be full featured. Should these drivers be enabling all the chips features or are they just minor updates?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       11 Dec 2016 #1777

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Nope....right here with the Insider Builds......
    That's far away enough for me
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 3,338
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1709
       11 Dec 2016 #1778

    Timobkg said: View Post
    The thing is, I used to have seperate headphone volume, up until about a few weeks ago. It used to be that when I plugged in my headphones, it would switch to the associated headphone volume, when I unplugged it they'd go back to the speaker volume. Then the driver got updated by Windows and it was gone. I uninstalled the driver entirely, using whatever driver shipped with Windows 10, and that had it again. Then it updated again and took it away. It doesn't seem like I'm overlooking a setting somewhere, which means the functionality was removed, and I don't understand why that functionality was removed. That seems like backwards progress to me.

    I guess my options are to live with my Windows volume set to 8% so that it's not too loud when I need to use headphones, or to hunt around for an older driver version and block Windows from downloading any drivers ever again?
    Have you had a look at the Windows Volume Mixer in the system tray? I recently had a Windows update set certain apps volume to zero.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    11 Dec 2016 #1779

    i would suggest going here:

    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive) | TechPowerUp Forums

    some motherboards have features that need certain specific drivers since they are system specific. not all realtek driver updates are for every system, thats why its always best to go to the support site for your specific brand and model of your computer so that you have a backup of a driver that you can be sure will work......

    you also can tweak a driver yourself if you have the necessary skills to do so, which is what was done on the site I referenced. but if not, then always keep a backup of the driver that is recommended by your system manuafacurer.....otherwise you never know if your be able to undo an update that wasnt meant for your system
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    11 Dec 2016 #1780

    by the way that link is where I learned that certain drivers unlock features on your motherboard that exist but may not be readily apparent or active on your particular system. some motherboards may have the exact same features of a higher end system but the driver deliberately doesnt activate them because your PC is a lesser model. and sometimes all you need is the line of code in the dll file to activate those features....
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs :arrow: Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page Last Updated: February 6th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8366 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10) Download at: Microsoft Update Catalog
Solved Latest Realtek LAN Driver in Drivers and Hardware
Last Updated: January 24th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 10.24.1208.2017 Driver Date: 08-Dec-17 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows) Download: Realtek LAN Driver
Hope you can help me here I have installed Windows 10 today. So far so good, except for the sound volume being REALLY low. It appears that it is a problem with Realtek HD audio driver, so I manually downloaded it, but still the sound is very low....
Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek? At the time. With fresh installation...
I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located herehttps://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:12.
Find Us