Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]

  1.    06 Nov 2016 #1451

    You can just get a external usb sound adapter for under $8 and your problem will be solved. They sound pretty good assuming you're not an audiophile:
    Amazon.com: usb sound adapter - 4 Stars Up / Prime Eligible
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,741
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       06 Nov 2016 #1452

    Yes Karen the Plantronics headset is good Only thing to watch out for is that the headband has a bad habit of snapping in two.
    After this happened twice to me I moved over to a Corsair Void USB headset.

    Sorry we haven't been able to fix it for you, that's the problem with forums. Sometimes you really need to be sat in front of the machine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    06 Nov 2016 #1453

    Intrepid1 said: View Post
    You can just get a external usb sound adapter for under $8 and your problem will be solved. They sound pretty good assuming you're not an audiophile:
    Amazon.com: usb sound adapter - 4 Stars Up / Prime Eligible
    What an awesome solution...

    all of this back and forth and you had the
    perfect answer...

    Kitties and I thank you
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Nov 2016 #1454

    DooGie said: View Post
    Yes Karen the Plantronics headset is good Only thing to watch out for is that the headband has a bad habit of snapping in two.
    After this happened twice to me I moved over to a Corsair Void USB headset.

    Sorry we haven't been able to fix it for you, that's the problem with forums. Sometimes you really need to be sat in front of the machine.

    DooGie thanks for
    heads up about the headset...

    will take a look at the one you just mentioned.

    Karen
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Nov 2016 #1455

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,

    I suppose the kittens haven't accidentally pushed the mute button, have they ?

    Running out of ideas obviously.....

    Cheers,

    I asked all of them which one had messed
    up the speakers and they all denied it...

    I think I'll just have a look for a usb adapter

    thank you all so very much

    Kraen
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 129
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       07 Nov 2016 #1456

    kstavert said: View Post
    I think I'll just have a look for a usb adapter
    Heck, buying new hardware because of a software problem, that's the kind of solution that makes me suffer ...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    07 Nov 2016 #1457

    There´s an easier way to install realtek high definition audio drivers for those of you that have troubles with the installation:

    1º you need:

    1. A realtek full package driver; for example: 7977_PG452_Win10_TH_RS_Win8.1_Win8_Win7_WHQL.

    2. The .cab file downloaded from Microsof Update Catalog.

    3. Winrar or similar.


    2º Procedure:

    1. unrar both files (the full package driver & the cab file) in diferent folders.

    2. in the decompressed full package you´ll have 2 folders "WIN64" & "WIN32", if you wanna install the drivers in a x64 system you only
    have to delete the content of this folder an copy the data from de decompressed cab folder into the
    WIN64 or into the WIN32 folder if you wanna install the the drivers in a 32x system.

    3. Install the the full modified package as usual

    4. that´s all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,741
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       07 Nov 2016 #1458

    I don't know if anyone noticed a link posted on here for Realtek HD driver version 6.0.1.7977 . The post was deleted by an Admin presumably because the link was iffy and there was no proof that the build was valid.

    This version is now available from Softpedia, I've downloaded it and everything appears to be ok but I've not tried it out yet.
    64-bit and 32-bit.

    Download Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.7977 for Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 10 64 bit
    Last edited by DooGie; 07 Nov 2016 at 16:54.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    07 Nov 2016 #1459

    DooGie said: View Post
    I don't know if anyone noticed a link posted on here for Realtek HD driver version 6.0.1.7977 . The post was deleted by an Admin presumably because the link was iffy and there was no proof that the build was valid.

    This version is now available from Softpedia, I've downloaded it and everything appears to be ok but I've not tried it out yet.
    64-bit only.

    Download Realtek HD Audio Driver 6.0.1.7977 for Windows 7, Windows 7 64 bit, Windows 8, Windows 8 64 bit, Windows 8.1, Windows 8.1 64 bit, Windows 10, Windows 10 64 bit
    Why is it so Big 540mb, i will try it on 64bit and report back
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. DooGie's Avatar
    Posts : 4,741
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1809
       07 Nov 2016 #1460

    JaKSLaP said: View Post
    Why is it so Big 540mb, i will try it on 64bit and report back
    I've edited my original post. It's 32-bit and 64-bit. Still very large though. The addition of Dolby will increase the size but I wouldn't have thought by that much.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs :arrow: Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page Realtek Audio Control app for Windows 10. "Realtek Audio Control" provides the best audio experience with the Realtek Audio Codec. You can...
Solved Latest Realtek LAN Driver in Drivers and Hardware
Last Updated: October 26th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 10.31.828.2018 Driver Date: 28-Aug-18 Download: Network Interface Controllers PCI Express Software - REALTEK Download: Microsoft Update Catalog
Hope you can help me here I have installed Windows 10 today. So far so good, except for the sound volume being REALLY low. It appears that it is a problem with Realtek HD audio driver, so I manually downloaded it, but still the sound is very low....
Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek? At the time. With fresh installation...
I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located herehttps://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46.
Find Us