Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version [archive]


  1. Posts : 3,973
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       12 Oct 2016 #1231

    dsamalot said: View Post
    Should I uninstall and re-install?
    When it's installed correctly you will see the Realtek HD Audio Manager icon in Control Panel, as below.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hd.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	105662


    It should also show in the system tray but could be hidden.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 Oct 2016 #1232

    DooGie said: View Post
    I always download the latest .zip file from the Realtek ftp server the you just unzip it to a temporary directory and run the setup.exe file. This will automatically install the correct version for your system, you don't have to play around with .inf files.

    Build 7950 WHQL :- ftp://ftp3.realtek.com.tw/Realtek/Ge..._Win7_WHQL.zip

    username: spcust
    password: hwwk758z (thanks to asturias7 for the link)

    The above is just my preference. However if you want to install from the .cab file you downloaded just unpack it to a temporary directory, go to Device Manager and double click Sound, video and game controllers. In the expanded list you should see Realtek High Definition Audio. Right click on it and select Update Driver Software, select the Browse my computer for driver software. in the box type in the location of the directory you unpacked the .cab file to and let it run. This will automatically select the correct .inf for your system
    thanks @DooGie ! I initially got the Realtek driver from the links i found here for the MS Catalog and Softpedia that didnt have a setup file.

    unfortunately, even after uninstalling any existing Realtek drivers (running CCleaner) restarting and then installing using the zip i got from the Realtek FTP Im still left with Windows showing the generic hi def audio driver (not the realtek one) and no surround sound

    No Realtek icon in control panel or the tray either...

    not sure what to do next, except maybe downgrade all the way back to good ol' Windows 7...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,973
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       12 Oct 2016 #1233

    poeticGeek said: View Post
    thanks @DooGie ! I initially got the Realtek driver from the links i found here for the MS Catalog and Softpedia that didnt have a setup file.

    unfortunately, even after uninstalling any existing Realtek drivers (running CCleaner) restarting and then installing using the zip i got from the Realtek FTP Im still left with Windows showing the generic hi def audio driver (not the realtek one) and no surround sound

    No Realtek icon in control panel or the tray either...

    not sure what to do next, except maybe downgrade all the way back to good ol' Windows 7...
    Sorry to hear you are having problems. A couple of questions for you.

    When you ran the install of the new drivers did it ask you to reboot the PC at the end of the install?
    Can you check the Program Files directory and see whether there is a Realtek sub-directory in it?
    Also have a look at Control Panel again and click on the Sound icon, it should show a list of all audio devices on your PC Is there any mention of Realtek High Definition Audio shown?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Oct 2016 #1234

    To @asturias7, @CountMike, @lopedoggie, @DooGie (and everyone else who I might not mentioned)
    First, thank you for helping me try to figure this out.

    I am so frustrated with this issue!!! I have uninstalled and re-installed Realtek using the link that @Asturias 7 provided and followed his instructions to the "t" (again!) and still not finding Realtek in go to the advanced settings.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ControlPanel.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	105685Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeviceManager.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	105686Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ControlPanel_001.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	105687

    I don't know what I'm doing wrong

    Thank you again all for your help :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,973
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       12 Oct 2016 #1235

    dsamalot Click on the Sound icon in Control Panel and check what your default Device is set to. Also start up the programme you want to use the headset with then right click the Speaker icon in the System tray and select Open Volume Mixer. Just a wild shot but it could be one of the volume sliders is set to 0.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Oct 2016 #1236

    DooGie said: View Post
    dsamalot Click on the Sound icon in Control Panel and check what your default Device is set to. Also start up the programme you want to use the headset with then right click the Speaker icon in the System tray and select Open Volume Mixer. Just a wild shot but it could be one of the volume sliders is set to 0.
    Thank you @DooGie,
    I only have one "option" under sound. I had tried the volume mixer already, actually, more than once (LOL). Also a no go

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SoundPlayback.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	26.6 KB 
ID:	105697 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SoundMicrophone.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	105698 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Volume.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	105699



    Thanks :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    12 Oct 2016 #1237

    dsamalot said: View Post
    Thank you @DooGie,
    I only have one "option" under sound. I had tried the volume mixer already, actually, more than once (LOL). Also a no go


    Thanks :)
    Maybe you can try this.
    See how you opened up your Device Manager (below)? Do that again and you can try rolling back your audio driver to the one you had before installing this update.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DeviceManager.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	156.6 KB 
ID:	105736

    Click on Sound, video and game controllers. Now right-click on Realtek High Definition Audio.
    You will see the menu, now click on Properties. Now click on Driver, and write down the Driver Version.
    Now click on Roll Back Driver and follow the instructions.
    Wait for it to be done and check the Driver Version, it should be different.

    Now restart your computer and install the latest driver (7950) as you did before.
    Make sure to be patient with the installation. When you click on the Setup, follow all instructions carefully.
    It will first uninstall your old driver, once done it will ask you to reboot your pc.
    When your pc starts up again, then it will ask you to install the new update. Once done it will ask you to reboot again.
    You're done... now check if you have the latest Realtek HD Audio as you did in previous steps (via Control Panel).
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 121
    Windows 10 Professional x64
       13 Oct 2016 #1238

    @dsamalot : Maybe I read too quickly and you tried that already : go back to "sound", playback tab, right-click on the part where peripherals should display and make sure deactivated and disconnected peripherals are showing. Do you see anything else now ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    13 Oct 2016 #1239

    CountMike said: View Post
    That looks like wrong icon for Realtek. Did you try right click on it ?
    I believe that is the correct icon for Realtek in Windows 10. See screenshots of a Windows 10 taskbar on a Dell XPS which uses Realtek HD Audio Manager on this page:
    Dell XPS 13 9333 Sound stopped working in the middle of a video, - Microsoft Community
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    13 Oct 2016 #1240

    DooGie said: View Post
    Sorry to hear you are having problems. A couple of questions for you.

    When you ran the install of the new drivers did it ask you to reboot the PC at the end of the install?
    Can you check the Program Files directory and see whether there is a Realtek sub-directory in it?
    Also have a look at Control Panel again and click on the Sound icon, it should show a list of all audio devices on your PC Is there any mention of Realtek High Definition Audio shown?
    so...
    it did ask to restart at the end of the setup and I did
    theres a new Realtek folder in Program Files (x86)
    In control panel i dont see realtek icon at all
    device manager shows this no matter what:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot-20161013-161049.png 
Views:	33 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	105814
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Latest Realtek High Definition Audio Codecs :arrow: Microsoft Update Catalog Realtek download page Realtek Audio Control app for Windows 10. "Realtek Audio Control" provides the best audio experience with the Realtek Audio Codec. You can...
Solved Latest Realtek LAN Driver in Drivers and Hardware
Last Updated: June 14th 2018 DRIVER VERSION: 10.27.511.2018 Driver Date: 11-May-18 (32-bit and 64-bit Windows) Download: Realtek LAN Driver
Hope you can help me here I have installed Windows 10 today. So far so good, except for the sound volume being REALLY low. It appears that it is a problem with Realtek HD audio driver, so I manually downloaded it, but still the sound is very low....
Hi Windows 10, integrated audio chipset on Realtek ALC887 motherboard. Do you think there may be qualitative differences in sound output between using generic Windows drivers compared to specific Realtek? At the time. With fresh installation...
I'm currently running driver version .7541 however can't seem to get .7571 to work (located herehttps://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/5993-latest-realtek-hd-audio-driver-version.html.) Downloaded and extracted fine however whenever I try to run...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:41.
Find Us