Windows 10: Some sound-effects are off after message in windows

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 6,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709
       22 Nov 2017 #31

    Have you seen this forum?

    Key in Motherboard number upper right.

    https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...P8P67%20DELUXE
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    22 Nov 2017 #32

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Have you seen this forum?

    Key in Motherboard number upper right.

    https://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...P8P67%20DELUXE
    when i do that it just takes me to the asus homepage
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 6,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709
       22 Nov 2017 #33

    Well that is very strange. Try IE. In chrome in does as you stated. In IE use address.

    vip.asus.com/forum

    by the way what Motherboard is it?

    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    22 Nov 2017 #34

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Well that is very strange. Try IE. In chrome in does as you stated. In IE use address.

    vip.asus.com/forum

    by the way what Motherboard is it?

    Ken
    a log-in site? at least thats where that adress takes me with edge, ie and firefox.
    my motherboard is: asus p8h61-mx r2.0
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 6,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709
       22 Nov 2017 #35

    Well that was a dead end. Nothing there but BIOS announcements. Seems the latest is v1102 dated Aug 9, 2013.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	165146

    Not saying to update BIOS but do you know what version you are on?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 6,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709
       22 Nov 2017 #36

    From download site there is a v1109 and I think I recall you said it was installed.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    22 Nov 2017 #37

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    From download site there is a v1109 and I think I recall you said it was installed.
    hehe..no..i dont remember updating my bios ever. my version is old, 0702
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 6,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709
       22 Nov 2017 #38

    Oh. Okay.

    You know how to google so I leave it to you to read about updating BIOS's, the good, the bad and the ugly.

    When you update a BIOS you go in eyes wide open. It can "Brick" your machine and the description is very real, you wind up with a brick.

    Now I've updated lots of BIOS's and have not had one do this. I bet a lot of members have successfully updated a BIOS but I bet there are a few failures. I will assume a number of failures were self inflicted, wrong BIOS for machine, read instructions after starting, had to hit power button because it looked frozen. The manufactures make these updates available, it is just eyes wide open.

    So if you decide to do this make sure your power is as stable as possible, like don't do it in a storm, especially a thunder storm. I usually use a battery UPS because I have them protecting my gear. Read the manufactures directions and follow them. Be patient. If something looks like is taking a long time go have a coffee.

    To be clear, this might not fix your issue and there are risks.

    You absolutely need to be sure you are using a BIOS update for your board. Check label or box to be sure.

    There are some that will say you have to do this. You don't. Your machine has run for a very long time without a BIOS update. I would like to see Asus and all manufactures state what their upgrades fix or functionality it adds. I will be in a pine box before that happens.

    It maybe less risky to try new sound card.


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    23 Nov 2017 #39

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Oh. Okay.

    You know how to google so I leave it to you to read about updating BIOS's, the good, the bad and the ugly.

    When you update a BIOS you go in eyes wide open. It can "Brick" your machine and the description is very real, you wind up with a brick.

    Now I've updated lots of BIOS's and have not had one do this. I bet a lot of members have successfully updated a BIOS but I bet there are a few failures. I will assume a number of failures were self inflicted, wrong BIOS for machine, read instructions after starting, had to hit power button because it looked frozen. The manufactures make these updates available, it is just eyes wide open.

    So if you decide to do this make sure your power is as stable as possible, like don't do it in a storm, especially a thunder storm. I usually use a battery UPS because I have them protecting my gear. Read the manufactures directions and follow them. Be patient. If something looks like is taking a long time go have a coffee.

    To be clear, this might not fix your issue and there are risks.

    You absolutely need to be sure you are using a BIOS update for your board. Check label or box to be sure.

    There are some that will say you have to do this. You don't. Your machine has run for a very long time without a BIOS update. I would like to see Asus and all manufactures state what their upgrades fix or functionality it adds. I will be in a pine box before that happens.

    It maybe less risky to try new sound card.


    Ken
    i dont see how updating my bios can fix the problem in windows
    and if its risky i will definitely dont do it.

    and i will not "by my way to freedom" with a new soundcard. the sound has worked fine before and it will again.

    i think i will just compare the sound scheme with my windows 10 laptop and change all the "no sounds".
    if i find other errors i will make a new clean install
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 6,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1709
       23 Nov 2017 #40

    Yes there is some risk but it is manageable. BIOS can cause issues as it is the machine layer. Have a quick read of this, even the first section on how does the BIOS work.

    http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=332850

    Post back your audit findings.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Related Threads
How to Change Event Sounds and Sound Scheme in Windows 10 A sound theme is a set of sounds applied to events in Windows and apps. You can have Windows play a sound when certain events occur on your PC. (An event can be an action that you...
No sounds in windows 10 in Drivers and Hardware
I just updated my windows to win 10 and there is no sounds, what should i do?
Hi everyone! So I am looking for a way to bring back my Log in/Log off sounds for my Windows 10 PC. I have loved this feature since I started using XP and want them back in 10. Anyone found a way to do this? Thanks, MrRandomMan
I have headphones set as my Default Communication Device, speakers as my Default Device and when communication activity is detected, all other sounds are set to mute. Using Skype (desktop), on W8.1 this worked fine; on answering a call, the music...
It appears in Win 10 some sounds are disabled by design. Although the "Play Windows Start Up Sound" box may be checked in the Sounds panel, it generally does not play on boot. I have noticed it play after a warm restart, however. The "Exit...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:00.
Find Us