1.    6 Days Ago #1
    Join Date : Nov 2017
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Home

    Conflicting Audio Problems-Realtek vs High Def...


    I have a Dell Inspiron 5577, bought only a few months ago and I've been trying to fix this since day 1. The laptop audio, whether through the built-in speakers, external monitors or headphones, keeps popping and crackling. So I followed other people's advice and switched to the High Definition Audio Device. The crackling and buffering stopped, and sounds decent through headphones, but the laptop's speaker audio sounds like absolute unadulterated garbage. It sounds thin and tinny, as if the driver completely lost hold of the internal subwoofer function that Realtek had.
    I'm also an absolute novice with computers so please have mercy.
    Thanks in advance.

    TL;DR
    Realtek driver: popping, crackling, and buffering through any output (Headphones, speakers, internal speakers)

    Native High Def driver
    : No popping, sounds great through headphones. Internal speakers sounds terrible. No body, too thin, perceived 1/3 of usual output on 100% volume.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    5 Days Ago #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    UK
    Posts : 2,077
    Windows 10 Home x64 (Laptop), Windows 10 Pro x64 (Desktop)

    I would obtain your driver from Dell's site since they may have optimised the driver for your Dell PC.

    See http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...laptop/drivers

    The latest file is Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_8WWJK_WIN_6.0.1.8142_A04.EXE
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    5 Days Ago #3
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Texas
    Posts : 102
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by ysong0414 View Post
    I have a Dell Inspiron 5577, bought only a few months ago and I've been trying to fix this since day 1. The laptop audio, whether through the built-in speakers, external monitors or headphones, keeps popping and crackling. So I followed other people's advice and switched to the High Definition Audio Device. The crackling and buffering stopped, and sounds decent through headphones, but the laptop's speaker audio sounds like absolute unadulterated garbage. It sounds thin and tinny, as if the driver completely lost hold of the internal subwoofer function that Realtek had.
    I'm also an absolute novice with computers so please have mercy.
    Thanks in advance.

    TL;DR
    Realtek driver: popping, crackling, and buffering through any output (Headphones, speakers, internal speakers)

    Native High Def driver
    : No popping, sounds great through headphones. Internal speakers sounds terrible. No body, too thin, perceived 1/3 of usual output on 100% volume.
    The speakers on a laptop are really more like tweeter speakers on a 3 way 6x9 car speaker where you have tweeter, mid range and sub woofer.
    I use the Logitech z313external speakers. better quality in sound than the internal tweeters they install.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    5 Days Ago #4
    Join Date : Nov 2017
    Posts : 2
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    I would obtain your driver from Dell's site since they may have optimised the driver for your Dell PC.

    See http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/...laptop/drivers

    The latest file is Realtek-High-Definition-Audio-Driver_8WWJK_WIN_6.0.1.8142_A04.EXE
    Thank you for the response. I tried the drivers from Dell. Straight back to popping, crackling and buffering every 5 seconds or so.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    5 Days Ago #5
    Join Date : Nov 2017
    Posts : 41
    win10

    On several different systems with Realtek sound chips, I use the following drivers:
    http://download3.dvd-driver.cz/realt....0730.2012.zip
    Yes they are older but reliable and fully stable in Windows 10, you may give them a chance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    4 Days Ago #6
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Inverness
    Posts : 1,184
    Win 10

    Popping, crackling, etc is an often posted problem going back to Win 7. Its not something that only your Dell has.
    There isn't a "one fix" for the problem, however one known source for many is Wi-Fi. Look at what is in startup and see if there is something that is not needed or possibly a new add-on. I saw one of these problems and it was the 3rd party anti-virus program that caused it (I uninstalled the Dell supplied AV and use the Windows Defender on my Dell laptop).

    I have a new (new in September) Dell, Inspiron 15, 5577 with Realtek audio and it does not have your problem.

    The generic, basic function, Windows installed High Definition audio drivers are a generic driver and do not use all of the features of the sound chip.

    The Dell community, laptop forum section would be a good source for trying to resolve it, too. There are users helping users there like this forum however they are more attuned to Dell specific issues.
    Laptop - Dell Community
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    4 Days Ago #7
    Join Date : Oct 2017
    Texas
    Posts : 102
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition

    Quote Originally Posted by ysong0414 View Post
    Thank you for the response. I tried the drivers from Dell. Straight back to popping, crackling and buffering every 5 seconds or so.
    Save the driver download, uninstall the one you have, then go in device manager, uninstall the driver there, reboot then let find new hardware then install your saved driver.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Problems reinstalling Realtek HD Audio following uninstall
So, I did a major f*ck up last night. I had always been experiencing issues with my audio not being as loud as it used to. When going through the sound properties, I would get a message saying that Realtek Audio was causing issues with Windows and...
Drivers and Hardware
Problems with Realtek HD audio driver and audio manager on Windows 10
Hope you can help me here I have installed Windows 10 today. So far so good, except for the sound volume being REALLY low. It appears that it is a problem with Realtek HD audio driver, so I manually downloaded it, but still the sound is very low....
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio problems through Headphone jack
Hi guys, I've signed up here to try and get some help with this issue in particular. After having a quick Google around I've seen that it is a fairly common issue for headphones or earphones to sound tinny on Windows 10 with Realtek HD Audio....
Drivers and Hardware
can't see Realtek High Definition Audio in Device Manager
Hi, can someone help me? I have installed the Windows 10 Pro v1703 b15063.332 in my Notebook LG N460. The audio is working but not so good. For any reason the Windows 10 didnīt find the Realtek Audio device. So, I canīt see the "Realtek High...
Drivers and Hardware
Why did Realtek High Def Audio go strange?
It used to have options for sound effects like bass, live music, rock etc and then area effects like city, mountains etc and each would give a different sound but ever since it updated to 2.79 with windows 10 all of that has gone, anyone know why? ...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Đ Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:07.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums