Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1.    03 Oct 2017 #101
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 119
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.693)
    Thread Starter

    Do I just delete everything in the disk cleanup, also an about windows thing showed up for winver
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Oct 2017 #102
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 119
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.693)
    Thread Starter

    Actually when I did the cleanup it scanned for a while but once it finished, nothing happened. Nothing showed up. What can't anything on my computer do its job right lol
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Oct 2017 #103
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,646
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DENMON View Post
    Do I just delete everything in the disk cleanup, also an about windows thing showed up for winver
    Yes, delete everything.

    Quote Originally Posted by DENMON View Post
    Actually when I did the cleanup it scanned for a while but once it finished, nothing happened. Nothing showed up. What can't anything on my computer do its job right lol
    Did you do it like I outlined with Admin. ?

    Were you able to do the winver at all ?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    03 Oct 2017 #104
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 119
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.693)
    Thread Starter

    Ya nothing popped up, the winver just sent me to "About Window"
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    03 Oct 2017 #105
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Get Off My Lawn
    Posts : 4,646
    Win10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DENMON View Post
    Ya nothing popped up, the winver just sent me to "About Window"
    Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation > post a pic of what it shows.
    Even if its blank, post it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    03 Oct 2017 #106
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 33,724
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by DENMON View Post
    Actually when I did the cleanup it scanned for a while but once it finished, nothing happened. Nothing showed up. What can't anything on my computer do its job right lol
    Once it's started it disappears. Nothing will happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by DENMON View Post
    Ya nothing popped up, the winver just sent me to "About Window"
    You didn't get this with winver?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win Version.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	156416

    It opened this instead?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (475).png 
Views:	5 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	156417

    Have you been using any Registry cleaners? Have you ever changed anything in the Registry?

    Do you or have you overclocked this thing? Have you ever had any BSODs?

    Press WinKey > Type reliability history > When it opens set it full screen > Take a screenshot and post it here.

    I'm trying to rule out any hardware problems also.

    You may consider a clean install instead of a refresh. Sometimes errors tag along in a refresh. A clean install will also give you the choice of what you want to install, not what others placed on your machine. Your choice.

    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Last edited by HippsieGypsie; 04 Oct 2017 at 00:10.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    03 Oct 2017 #107
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Caledon, Ontario, Canada
    Posts : 3,971
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703

    Hi Denmon

    I really like Computiac idea of a reset. In reading the thread you said it didn't work, acknowledged.

    If you haven't done so already back up your personal data off machine. Having a backup is just a sound idea. (pun intended).

    I recommend the first thing you do is an in place repair / upgrade. In reading the thread I forgot what version you are on but the process will update you to the Creators Update, V1703. Basically go to the Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, download the tool, execute the tool and create yourself a USB key. Once the key is created enter your BIOS and disable secure boot and Fast Boot. ( Please look in your manual, available on the manufacturers website on entering BIOS. You reboot and as soon as you see something you tap delete two or three times quickly.)

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

    Once disable navigate to the key and double click setup. The process will run and should finish successfully.

    Once the process is done enter device manager and see if you have any device reporting with yellow exclamation point.

    I saw in your screen shots Xsplit? Are you using this in some sort of sound studio or sound production project? It appears from my limited knowledge, a little google, it takes control of the sound.

    https://www.xsplit.com/broadcaster/f...setup-my-audio

    Have you open this control panel and tried to control sound elements from there?

    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    04 Oct 2017 #108
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 119
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.693)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by COMPUTIAC View Post
    Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Activation > post a pic of what it shows.
    Even if its blank, post it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (11).png 
Views:	6 
Size:	137.3 KB 
ID:	156572
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    04 Oct 2017 #109
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 119
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.693)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Once it's started it disappears. Nothing will happen.



    You didn't get this with winver?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Win Version.PNG 
Views:	33 
Size:	16.9 KB 
ID:	156416

    It opened this instead?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (475).png 
Views:	5 
Size:	105.5 KB 
ID:	156417

    Have you been using any Registry cleaners? Have you ever changed anything in the Registry?

    Do you or have you overclocked this thing? Have you ever had any BSODs?

    Press WinKey > Type reliability history > When it opens set it full screen > Take a screenshot and post it here.

    I'm trying to rule out any hardware problems also.

    You may consider a clean install instead of a refresh. Sometimes errors tag along in a refresh. A clean install will also give you the choice of what you want to install, not what others placed on your machine. Your choice.

    Clean Install Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    Sorry I was being confusing lol I meant the picture that u posted first.

    Haven't done anything with registry.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (12).png 
Views:	7 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	156573
    This looks really bad, I'm scared, was I supposed to notice these things a while ago, geez.

    I'll try the clean install tomorrow or maybe the day after, not sure how much time I have
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    04 Oct 2017 #110
    Join Date : Sep 2017
    Posts : 119
    Windows 10 Professional (x64) Version 1607 (build 14393.693)
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Caledon Ken View Post
    Hi Denmon

    I really like Computiac idea of a reset. In reading the thread you said it didn't work, acknowledged.

    If you haven't done so already back up your personal data off machine. Having a backup is just a sound idea. (pun intended).

    I recommend the first thing you do is an in place repair / upgrade. In reading the thread I forgot what version you are on but the process will update you to the Creators Update, V1703. Basically go to the Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, download the tool, execute the tool and create yourself a USB key. Once the key is created enter your BIOS and disable secure boot and Fast Boot. ( Please look in your manual, available on the manufacturers website on entering BIOS. You reboot and as soon as you see something you tap delete two or three times quickly.)

    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

    Once disable navigate to the key and double click setup. The process will run and should finish successfully.

    Once the process is done enter device manager and see if you have any device reporting with yellow exclamation point.

    I saw in your screen shots Xsplit? Are you using this in some sort of sound studio or sound production project? It appears from my limited knowledge, a little google, it takes control of the sound.

    https://www.xsplit.com/broadcaster/f...setup-my-audio

    Have you open this control panel and tried to control sound elements from there?

    Ken
    I'll try it tomorrow
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved No Enhancements Tab under Sound in the Control Panel.
Hello there. I have recently bought a new computer and the sound tab where you can access the properties does not have the Enhancements tab like my old computer did. I have the newest and most up to date Realtek Driver and I was wondering if...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved You CAN still access Control Panel in Creators Update
I have been wondering about this for a little while as I miss control panel for machine reliability which shows crashes and updates not normally reported. But I have found a way to access Control Panel from Settings. Open settings, click or tap...
General Support
Sound Control Panel
Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right...
Drivers and Hardware
no longer admin, cant access accounts or control panel
a while after uppgaded to windows 10 i have gotten these strange happenings : if i click on my profile picture or only hover over the control panel button i only get a messeage that says " this action is aborted because of limitings set to this...
General Support
No sound, No Control Panel
Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums