Intel 1st generation core processors with win10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #11

    7ender said:
    But also, I wonder. Is my problem the video adapter and/or driver. Or could it just be another problem?
    I think it is another problem. Assuming you have not disabled Windows Update then your driver will be the best there is.

    The CPU is pretty fundamental and Windows Update has it covered.

    Post a link for one of these programs and I'll try it on 1st gen Intel HD. Try to give more details of the problem also - what these graphics problems look like.

    Either it is software (in which case if it works for me it isn't) or it is another issue.
      My Computer

  2. bobkn's Avatar
    Posts : 3,618
    Win 10 X64 Pro 21H1 19043.928
       #12

    7ender said:
    Strange, I have DirectX 12 as far as I know.
    DX12 emulates features that aren't supported in hardware. The HD graphics in the I3 550 are DX 10.1.

    I doubt that emulation would cut it for some games. (I don't game much.)

    Are you up for installing a PCI-E graphics card? If so, the least expensive card that Newegg thinks supports DX12 in hardware:

    https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16814127931

    I'm not sure that $38 (including shipping) would be worthwhile for you, but at least it has up-to-date drivers.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 23
    Win10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    lx07 said:
    Post a link for one of these programs and I'll try it on 1st gen Intel HD. Try to give more details of the problem also - what these graphics problems look like.

    Either it is software (in which case if it works for me it isn't) or it is another issue.
    The video game is Deponia, it is on steam, but I already kind of solved it, I can play it now, when I turn of an option, that is an overlay of Steam during the game.

    The backgammon software is eXtreme Gammon
    .
    There are two problems though.
    It's a paid program, although you can download a free 14 day trial of XG2, wherein is the second problem, I still use the old XG1, but maybe if you download that (it's under other downloads) you also get the free 14 day trial, though I think most probably that won't be the case. If not, maybe if you see that XG2 works fine, I could buy an upgrade to XG2 there, and hopefully the newer version would work for me too otherwise I would have thrown money away.
      My Computer

  4. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #14

    I tried the free trial of XG2 ($60 was too steep for me) and it worked fine (very smooth in fact and high frame rate).

    Intel 1st generation core processors with win10-capture.png

    This is the driver I have (standard from Windows Update)

    Intel 1st generation core processors with win10-capture.png

    That isn't to say it will work for you but if it doesn't then I don't think it is the display driver at fault.
      My Computer

  5. Fisher Mann's Avatar
    Posts : 477
    Win 10 Pro x64 19645 Fast
       #15

    I took my Dell Vista machine up to Windows 10 Pro and the Intel Centrino Core Duo' driver is dated 2009, the last available. It's nVidia graphics driver is 2015. Both of these I have replaced this year and even though it upped the speed somewhat, I would not want to play a modern Win10 game on the machine. I can do photo editing using Lightroom but it's just not as fast as it was 10 years ago.
    I searched for a long time to find ALL the drivers the machine needed before upgrading to Win 10. What I found increased performance the most was a clean install and then reinstalling all the programs/apps I really needed. Though not my primary anymore, the machine still works very well and I have it on the Fast Ring in the Insiders program.
      My Computers

  6. sygnus21's Avatar
    Posts : 5,418
    Win 10 Pro (x64) 20H2 (19042.928)
       #16

    Fisher Mann said:
    I can do photo editing using Lightroom but it's just not as fast as it was 10 years ago.
    It is just as fast today as it was 10 years ago, it just not as fast as today's PC's :)
      My Computers

  7. Fisher Mann's Avatar
    Posts : 477
    Win 10 Pro x64 19645 Fast
       #17

    sygnus21 said:
    It is just as fast today as it was 10 years ago, it just not as fast as today's PC's :)
    That's true!
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 23
    Win10
    Thread Starter
       #18

    lx07 said:
    I tried the free trial of XG2 ($60 was too steep for me) and it worked fine (very smooth in fact and high frame rate)..
    Thank you very much. Does it still work? As with XG1 on my machine when I reinstalled it would work for 1 day, but after that not anymore. I wonder if it would be the case with XG2. Or have you already uninstalled it?
      My Computer

  9. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #19

    7ender said:
    Thank you very much. Does it still work? As with XG1 on my machine when I reinstalled it would work for 1 day, but after that not anymore. I wonder if it would be the case with XG2. Or have you already uninstalled it?
    I uninstalled it just after testing it, sorry. I'm not much of a gammon player.

    I installed it again (and it seems to work) will give you an update after the weekend if it still is.
      My Computer

  10. lx07's Avatar
    Posts : 5,479
    2004
       #20

    lx07 said:
    I installed it again (and it seems to work) will give you an update after the weekend if it still is.
    Still works fine for me.
      My Computer


 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:47.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums