Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    05 Aug 2017 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Home

    Kodak Printer Won't Print After Major Windows Update


    Hi,

    The computer at my workplace updated on Thursday. It installed the Creative update that gets rid of Paint.


    Since the update I have been unable to print. It says Printing Error and nothing else. I can scan and tell the printer to print a test page, from the computer, but not print.


    I have tried reinstalling the software/driver, but didn't help, also tried in compatibility mode (Windows 7), again no help. Also tried manually installing it via the older model printer feature, but the green bar just keep scrolling and never seems to finish installing.


    I need this sorting because the printer is required for the business to run (send parcels etc).


    Computer is a Compaq CQ230EA, running Windows 10 Home, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.483.

    Printer is a Kodak ESP 1.2.

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    05 Aug 2017 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,922
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    I have the same Version and Build on my computers and Paint/MSPaint is still viable, might be shown in Start, W section, Windows Accessories. I use it every morning to print part of the daily paper and at other times such as posting screenshots here.

    Windows 10 [and 8.0/8.1] is not mentioned on this page as being supported:
    Specifications and features

    I have run into issues where a printer was working fine on Win7 and continued to work on the Win10 Upgrade but would not install on a new computer with Win10 and no drivers were available, had to replace the printer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    05 Aug 2017 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Caledon, Ontario, Canada
    Posts : 4,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703

    Hi airbusA346. Welcome to the TenForums @airbusA346

    Different printer but this member proposed this solution. Some success.

    Can no longer print

    I would also do what you did, that is disconnect printer, uninstall printer from windows and ensure you delete software for drivers.

    Then install software and wait for software to ask for printer, then connect and complete installation.


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    05 Aug 2017 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Caledon Ken View Post
    Hi airbusA346. Welcome to the TenForums @airbusA346

    Different printer but this member proposed this solution. Some success.

    Can no longer print

    I would also do what you did, that is disconnect printer, uninstall printer from windows and ensure you delete software for drivers.

    Then install software and wait for software to ask for printer, then connect and complete installation.


    Ken
    I had a look at that printing direct to the printer earlier today, but the open isn't selectable.

    I also tried that, when I did the compatibility install, and it still didn't work.

    Damn Windows Updates!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    05 Aug 2017 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    I have the same Version and Build on my computers and Paint/MSPaint is still viable, might be shown in Start, W section, Windows Accessories. I use it every morning to print part of the daily paper and at other times such as posting screenshots here.


    Windows 10 [and 8.0/8.1] is not mentioned on this page as being supported:
    Specifications and features

    I have run into issues where a printer was working fine on Win7 and continued to work on the Win10 Upgrade but would not install on a new computer with Win10 and no drivers were available, had to replace the printer.
    The printer has worked fine on Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. It was working with no issues until Thursday when the computer did the massive update that took 3 hours to finish.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    05 Aug 2017 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Caledon, Ontario, Canada
    Posts : 4,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703

    With it installed in device manager what driver and manufacturer of driver is being used?


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    05 Aug 2017 #7
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Caledon Ken View Post
    With it installed in device manager what driver and manufacturer of driver is being used?

    Ken
    I can't look, because it is a work computer, but I seem to recall it is a driver from 2013.I can't look, because it is a work computer, but I seem to recall it is a driver from 2013.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    05 Aug 2017 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Caledon, Ontario, Canada
    Posts : 4,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703

    Okay a locked down device.

    I would suggest contacting IT and have them give the installation a try and or confirm driver. If you can't look at device manager they could have restricted other changes. Wish I had better idea. May be another member will.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    05 Aug 2017 #9
    Join Date : Aug 2017
    Posts : 6
    Windows 10 Home
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Caledon Ken View Post
    Okay a locked down device.

    I would suggest contacting IT and have them give the installation a try and or confirm driver. If you can't look at device manager they could have restricted other changes. Wish I had better idea. May be another member will.
    There is no IT. It is a family business, just me and my dad. I am the IT support lol.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    05 Aug 2017 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Caledon, Ontario, Canada
    Posts : 4,063
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703

    Okay, misunderstood you. When you say you can't look it is because the computer is not with you, it is at work.

    I would still check.

    By the way, does the event viewer give you any more info on the print error, hopefully some details and a code?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Hardware & Drivers Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10
How to Add or Remove Microsoft Print to PDF Printer in Windows 10 Windows 10 allows you to Print to PDF natively using the Microsoft Print to PDF feature. Microsoft Print to PDF lets you create a PDF file of the contents of any web page or file...
Tutorials
Solved Kodak 3.2 printer
Hi, newbie here and to Windows 10, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 (upgraded in the loosest sense), first it was no sound which after hours of messing about I managed to fix, but now I have no printer at all. Windows 10 does not recognise my...
Drivers and Hardware
Kodak ESP 3.2 All-in-One Printer
Will not print!! Help?
Drivers and Hardware
Kodak i2900 Scanner won't boot up after Windows 10 update.
I came into work this morning to find that my computer had auto-updated to Windows 10. Not soon after I realized my Kodak i2900 scanner would not start. I've tried uninstalling the programs and reinstalling. The scanner will turn on but the icon in...
Drivers and Hardware
Printer won't print after installing Windows 10
After I installed windows 10 my printer won't print. It shoots out the paper but it is blank. I checked and all the drivers are up too date. I use a Canon MX860 All in one. It worked fine on Vista, 7 & 8. Thanks Russ.
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums