Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 341
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #1

    Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks


    I started up my computer yesterday to find that my mouse was acting up, AGAIN. About 50% of the time I single-click something, the computer would interpret it as two clicks. I tried removing the driver and reinstalling it. No dice. Tried changing the double-click speed to the fastest, and it STILL does it. Help?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 56,794
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #2

    GuyInDogSuit said:
    I started up my computer yesterday to find that my mouse was acting up, AGAIN. About 50% of the time I single-click something, the computer would interpret it as two clicks. I tried removing the driver and reinstalling it. No dice. Tried changing the double-click speed to the fastest, and it STILL does it. Help?
    Clean the pad and bottom the mousey? Batteries? Re-seat USB if wired? Re-seat Dongle?
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 341
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #3

    It's a wired mouse, laser/optical. I can't figure out where the screws are, otherwise I'd take it apart and clean it.

    It doesn't seem to be doing it right now, fortunately. I think every time I restart the computer, it "reboots" the mouse and either it works fine or it doesn't. Very odd.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,257
    Windows 10 Pro
       #4

    I have the same problem with my 2 year old Logitech MX Master. I'm pretty sure it's a mechanical problem.. probably have to get a new one.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 56,794
    Multi-boot Windows 10/11 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #5

    Mystere said:
    I have the same problem with my 2 year old Logitech MX Master. I'm pretty sure it's a mechanical problem.. probably have to get a new one.
    One of the least expensive things on a PC. Just run out to Staples or Best Buy, etc.

    Example:

    Stupid mouse keeps doubling my single-clicks-2017-07-20_15h45_12.png
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 341
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    It's a gaming mouse, which was fairly pricey, even for Amazon. The mouse isn't even that old. Can't be a mechanical issue, don't think so. I have a spare mouse but it's a small, wireless travel size mouse. Too small for my hands. Can't afford a new mouse currently.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 4,692
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 22H2
       #7

    Try a different mouse, just to test, if that solves it, then it is your gaming mouse.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 16,593
    Windows 11 Pro X64
       #8

    GuyInDogSuit said:
    It's a wired mouse, laser/optical. I can't figure out where the screws are, otherwise I'd take it apart and clean it.

    It doesn't seem to be doing it right now, fortunately. I think every time I restart the computer, it "reboots" the mouse and either it works fine or it doesn't. Very odd.
    Probable clips together
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 341
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #9

    spunk said:
    Try a different mouse, just to test, if that solves it, then it is your gaming mouse.
    I did, and after a few reboots, I had the same issue.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 341
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #10

    Still having this annoying issue.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums