Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

  1. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 1,372
    Win 10 14393.51
       27 Jul 2015 #21

    Lebon14 said: View Post
    I did not reserve it yet. I want to see feedback from people doing the upgrade. Also, my dad's laptop's signed up. So, I can see for myself when he spots the update being ready. (He'll probably call me about it...)

    Here's a screenshot (in French) of the check the GWX does...:


    As you can see, there's no problems. My problem is "Can I secure drivers for everything separately?". The only stubborn thing seems to be Intel's Chipset driver.
    C'est bon.

    I know of no standalone compatibility checker for Win 10, but the one that is part of the upgrade reservations apparently can be used to generate a detailed report:

    Will your PC run Windows 10? Use the official compatibility checker to find out | ZDNet

    Reserving the update does not commit you to ever installing it.

    I'd place a small wager ($0.05US) that an X58 motherboard will be adequately supported by drivers that are included with 10.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 104
    Windows 7 x64 HP
       28 Jul 2015 #22

    bobkn said: View Post
    C'est bon.

    I know of no standalone compatibility checker for Win 10, but the one that is part of the upgrade reservations apparently can be used to generate a detailed report:

    Will your PC run Windows 10? Use the official compatibility checker to find out | ZDNet

    Reserving the update does not commit you to ever installing it.

    I'd place a small wager ($0.05US) that an X58 motherboard will be adequately supported by drivers that are included with 10.
    All that it shows is what I've screenshot above. There's no other links.

    Also, maybe, yes, there'll be drivers along Win10 for X58 but the thing is, is that it's not as feature rich as Intel's drivers.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : May 2015
    Posts : 1,372
    Win 10 14393.51
       28 Jul 2015 #23

    Lebon14 said: View Post
    All that it shows is what I've screenshot above. There's no other links.

    Also, maybe, yes, there'll be drivers along Win10 for X58 but the thing is, is that it's not as feature rich as Intel's drivers.
    My hope is that they would be Intel drivers, rather than generic Microsoft ones.

    I checked the Microsoft Update archive, but failed to turn up anything specific for X58.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 104
    Windows 7 x64 HP
       28 Jul 2015 #24

    bobkn said: View Post
    My hope is that they would be Intel drivers, rather than generic Microsoft ones.

    I checked the Microsoft Update archive, but failed to turn up anything specific for X58.
    Point and fact.

    I still don't have drivers for my X58 chipset.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 104
    Windows 7 x64 HP
       30 Jul 2015 #25

    SO, I found something interesting. The latest INFupdate from Intel contains a file called "mup.xml". So, I checked it and I discovered that it's a device detector.

    So, I went into my Device Manager and checked for Chipset ID: 3A30. I did a quick search in the xml file for that and I found a result!

    Here's a screenshot:


    What do you guys think? It's definitely a sign, right?

    EDIT

    Yeah, I highlighted the result for Windows 2000. But I found Windows 8.1 down there.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Jun 2015
    Posts : 130
    Windows 8.1 Pro
       30 Jul 2015 #26

    Looks good, if there's no Windows 10 certified chipset driver for your motherboard the Windows 8.1 ones should work at the very least without any problems.

    Edit:

    Logitech SetPoint for Windows 10: Latest Logitech SetPoint Software - Windows 10 Forums

    Not sure if your mouse/keyboard is on the list of supported devices for the updated software.
    Last edited by Nemix; 30 Jul 2015 at 20:57.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
What are your thoughts on Windows10?
Hello again friends. I'm making assessments about the Windows 10. Please share with us your thoughts on Windows 10. Classic Start menu is really nice.
General Support
Metered Broadband Thoughts
This does not apply to myself or I suspect many others of this forum having unlimited usage - but what would be the effect on Windows 10 Home users the bulk of whom have a standard low cost package. These often have quite limited monthly download...
Network and Sharing
3 weeks on Windows 10 as main OS - My thoughts...
First off, for those interested in whether or not Windows 10 will serve in it's current state as a primary OS, my answer is yes. Granted, I don't do any heavy lifting really from this machine, but so far everything that I do has functioned just as...
General Support
Mobile Mobile versus professional—thoughts on the Office business
Source: Mobile versus professional—thoughts on the Office business - Office Blogs
Windows 10 News
Microsoft’s Windows 10 event - your thoughts.
well it didn't last long and they didn't give much away. name. windows 10, is it good or bad I was asking myself, its silly as forever there will be a gap and the question of what happened to windows 9 will be forever asked. features. ...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:08.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums