"Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 286
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2 Build 19044.1586
       #1

    "Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear.


    When I click on "Safely Remove" for a USB drive the drive disappears from the list and also from the Windows Explorer drive view, but I do not receive the "Safe to remove" pop-up message.

    Any ideas?
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 1,778
    Windows 10 Pro,
       #2

    Hairy Scot said:
    When I click on "Safely Remove" for a USB drive the drive disappears from the list and also from the Windows Explorer drive view, but I do not receive the "Safe to remove" pop-up message.

    Any ideas?
    That sounds right from my experience.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 24,664
    10 Home x64 (21H2) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       #3

    Rocky said:
    That sounds right from my experience.

    Not in my experience, I always get the notification - but then we probably have chosen different notification settings.

    Settings > System > Notifications & actions
    @Hairy Scot For 'safe to remove' notifications, turn on 'Get notifications from apps and other senders'.
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 286
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2 Build 19044.1586
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Rocky said:
    That sounds right from my experience.
    It sounds right, and it probably is not a major problem, but it is a concern.
    The message should appear.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 286
    Windows 10 Pro 21H2 Build 19044.1586
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Bree said:
    Not in my experience, I always get the notification - but then we probably have chosen different notification settings.

    Settings > System > Notifications & actions

    For 'safe to remove' notifications, turn on 'Get notifications from apps and other senders'.
    DUH!

    I can't believe I had turned that off!

    Thank you.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 1,778
    Windows 10 Pro,
       #6

    I guess I have mine turned off. I guess I'm glad about that!!!!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 671
    Win 10 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1151)
       #7

    The pop-up 'safe to remove' no longer shows, when 'safely remove' has been selected.

    In, Settings > System > Notifications & actions,
    'Get notifications from apps and other senders', is turned on.

    "Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear.-screenshot-1809-.png

    Is there another solution to this issue?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 671
    Win 10 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1151)
       #8

    Geosammy said:
    The pop-up 'safe to remove' no longer shows, when 'safely remove' has been selected.

    In, Settings > System > Notifications & actions,
    'Get notifications from apps and other senders', is turned on.

    "Safe to remove" pop-up does not appear.-screenshot-1809-.png

    Is there another solution to this issue?
    I'm still having this issue and have not figured out how,
    or if this can be corrected.

    Any help with this issue,
    would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 5,098
    21H1 64 Bit Home
       #9

    Try Step 4 here:

    Enable or Disable Disk Write Caching in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

    EDIT: Also I have noticed that some antivirus programs can take over safe ejection of USB drives and display their own notification.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 671
    Win 10 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1151)
       #10

    Callender said:
    Try Step 4 here:

    Enable or Disable Disk Write Caching in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

    EDIT: Also I have noticed that some antivirus programs can take over safe ejection of USB drives and display their own notification.
    @Callender
    Thanks for your reply.
    I've tried your suggestion using step 4 in the tutorial.
    By placing a check, in the box marked 'Better Performance'.
    To enable write caching on a 16gb flash drive, that I most often use.
    Still no pop-up appears when 'safely remove' has been selected.

    Callender said:
    Try Step 4 here:
    Callender said:

    Enable or Disable Disk Write Caching in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials

    EDIT: Also I have noticed that some antivirus programs can take over safe ejection of USB drives and display their own notification.

    I do have an antivirus program.
    However, I do not receive, or am presented with any form of displayed notice of any kind.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums