Windows 10: Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    15 Apr 2017 #1

    Asus Crosshair VI Hero Motherboard


    I noticed this board only has ONE USB 2.0 Connector on it. Are there extensions that I can buy?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    15 Apr 2017 #2

    pixiegurl83 said: View Post
    I noticed this board only has ONE USB 2.0 Connector on it. Are there extensions that I can buy?
    Huh?

    There are 4 USB 2 connectors in the rear IO panel. There's a 10 pin header that is probably intended for a front panel USB 2 connector. There's reference in the spec for two "mid board" USB 2 connectors, but I don't know what that means.

    While there is no guarantee that a USB 2 device will work in a USB 3 port, I have never had one fail to work.

    If you really need more USB 2 connector, you could buy a hub. You can get external and front panel ones. Passive and powered.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    15 Apr 2017 #3

    bobkn said: View Post
    Huh?

    There are 4 USB 2 connectors in the rear IO panel. There's a 10 pin header that is probably intended for a front panel USB 2 connector. There's reference in the spec for two "mid board" USB 2 connectors, but I don't know what that means.

    While there is no guarantee that a USB 2 device will work in a USB 3 port, I have never had one fail to work.

    If you really need more USB 2 connector, you could buy a hub. You can get external and front panel ones. Passive and powered.
    Refer to this URL http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...805.1491918703

    On page 16, you will see the Motherboard Layout. #16 (USB1516) there is only one of those on the board. I need like 2 more because my chassis has 2 USB 2.0 cords, and I just inserted a Memory Card Reader and it has one too.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 805
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 64 bit
       15 Apr 2017 #4

    What does your cables look like?
    That USB1516 takes a 10 pin black plastic plug and should have 2 USB cables for the front panel.


    Jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    15 Apr 2017 #5

    Phone Man said: View Post
    What does your cables look like?
    That USB1516 takes a 10 pin black plastic plug and should have 2 USB cables for the front panel.


    Jim
    Correct. I do have 2 cables for the front panel, BUT the motherboard only has one connecting spot
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 805
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 64 bit
       15 Apr 2017 #6

    pixiegurl83 said: View Post
    Correct. I do have 2 cables for the front panel, BUT the motherboard only has one connecting spot
    What does the plug on the end of those 2 cables look like?

    Jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    15 Apr 2017 #7

    Phone Man said: View Post
    What does the plug on the end of those 2 cables look like?

    Jim
    This
    https://www.google.com/search?q=USB+...4LmlUmwn9sCfM:
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 805
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 64 bit
       15 Apr 2017 #8

    So you have 2 cables and each has that 10-pin black connector and you have 4 usb ports on your front panel?

    Jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    15 Apr 2017 #9

    Phone Man said: View Post
    So you have 2 cables and each has that 10-pin black connector and you have 4 usb ports on your front panel?

    Jim
    yup
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 805
    Windows 10 Pro 1803 64 bit
       15 Apr 2017 #10

    pixiegurl83 said: View Post
    yup
    Looks like you can only have 2 front panel USB 2 ports as that is the limit on that board.
    The connector next to it is for 2 USB 3 ports and maybe you can find a face plate for a spare slot in the front of your case to add 2 USB 3 ports, which are compatible with USB 2 devices.

    https://www.google.com/search?q=USB+...nector&spf=199

    Jim
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Related Threads
    Hi!I have a B85M-G asus motherboard and a Samsung Evo 850 256gb SSD and besides a WD 1TB extra hard drive. I just made a formatting and reinstalling of windows 10The boot now incredibly slow. It stops at the "asus" screen when booting and stays...
    ASUS Motherboard compatibility in Drivers and Hardware
    My Asus MB (M4A89GTD PRO/USB3) is about 5 years old. I have successfully upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10. However, running on Win 10 my PC frequently locks up and has to be re-booted. As a result I down-graded to Win 7 and now all is ok. ASUS...
    Hello folks, Once I was removing the internal battery of my laptop and the screw driver accidentally dropped on the motherboard, there was a smoke and it looks like 2 capacitors have blown up. Since then I was using the laptop normally,...
    I am trying to get into the bios on my windows 10 system with a hero vii but whenever I restart and then hold del my screens are just black, my pc is running and nothing happens, nothing comes on the screen. If I restart and don't press anything it...
    Hello, Before I upgrade my Windows 8 to 10 on this motherboard and use up one of my last valid Windows 10 licenses, how is this board under Windows 10? I don't plan on buying a new PC for a while and that might be past Microsoft's free upgrade...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07.
    Find Us