Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1.    13 Apr 2017 #1
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10

    Windows 10 Creators Update bug: USB 3.1 Port shown as Unspecified


    Just updated to the Creators Update and had a small issue. My USB 3.1 port is listed on by Notification bar as being able to "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media." as USB Root Hub 3.0 (https://i.imgur.com/G5VVb36.png)

    Now when checked Device and Printers, it shows up under Unspecified as "USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)" and then checking Hardware shows up as this (https://i.imgur.com/x0E3To5.png)

    I am not really too sure how to get this fixed, but it only started occuring after updating to the new Creator Update. Anyone know how to fix this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Apr 2017 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2016
    Los Angeles
    Posts : 1,031
    Windows 10 Pro

    What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard?
    Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers, type in your make and model # and download the USB 3.1 driver for your model.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Apr 2017 #3
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by spunk View Post
    What is the make and model# of your computer/motherboard?
    Go to the manufacturers support/download drivers, type in your make and model # and download the USB 3.1 driver for your model.
    My motherboard is a gigabyte z170 gaming 5 with an i5 6600k.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Apr 2017 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 58
    Windows 10 x64 Pro

    Hello devyeah
    Download these drivers and install http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileLi...erbolt_x64.zip
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    15 Apr 2017 #5
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 6
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by devyeah View Post
    Just updated to the Creators Update and had a small issue. My USB 3.1 port is listed on by Notification bar as being able to "Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media." as USB Root Hub 3.0 (https://i.imgur.com/G5VVb36.png)

    Now when checked Device and Printers, it shows up under Unspecified as "USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)" and then checking Hardware shows up as this (https://i.imgur.com/x0E3To5.png)

    I am not really too sure how to get this fixed, but it only started occuring after updating to the new Creator Update. Anyone know how to fix this?
    I had same issue exactly same as your motherboard.

    Quote Originally Posted by ZyKLon View Post
    Hello devyeah
    Download these drivers and install http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileLi...erbolt_x64.zip
    Thanks, but it didn't help.

    anyone has another fix or solution ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Apr 2017 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 58
    Windows 10 x64 Pro

    You can try install Chipset drivers http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileLi..._100series.zip
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    15 Apr 2017 #7
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 172
    Windows 10 Enterprise x64

    @devyeah: If you're really trying to report a bug, TF is the wrong place. I'm sure Microsoft monitors TF but they don't own it. They have their own official forums. Report it there instead.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    15 Apr 2017 #8
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 6
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by ZyKLon View Post
    You can try install Chipset drivers http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileLi..._100series.zip
    It also didn't help.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonVendetta View Post
    @devyeah: If you're really trying to report a bug, TF is the wrong place. I'm sure Microsoft monitors TF but they don't own it. They have their own official forums. Report it there instead.
    I think this isn't a windows bug, this is a gigabyte usb 3.1 driver bug.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    15 Apr 2017 #9
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    I installed all the drivers related to my motherboard and the usb 3.1, btw i have to update the bios to the latest version, F21 something that I do not suggest because it gave me a lot of system instability and i have to downgrade to version F5 again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    16 Apr 2017 #10
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 611
    W10 Home 1703

    Sometimes the simplest solutions get overlooked.
    Have you tried going into Device Manager and uninstalling the USB 3.0 devices found under Universal Serial Bus controllers?
    When you restart the PC Windows will discover the devices and reinstall them.

    Don't forget to uninstall the xHCI Root Hubs, although they should go when you uninstall the USB 3.0 controllers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Update with Metered connection fails: Creators Update 15063.0
It's dejá vu all over again. :doh: The correct behaviour of windows update over a metered connection is to offer the choice to download, or wait until on a non-metered connection. 128460 The initial build of the Anniversary Update broke...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released
Source: Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows :arrow: Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703 (build 15063) now available from Windows 10 Update Assistant. ...
Windows 10 News
Visual Studio 2017 Update Preview and Windows 10 Creators Update SDK
Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2017/03/16/visual-studio-2017-update-preview-and-windows-10-creators-update-sdk/
Windows 10 News
Solved iPhone shown as Unspecified in Devices and Printers
I have a problem with my iPhone 5s/iOS 9.2.1 in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10586.71, as shown in the pictures: Although everything works OK, i.e. • iTunes v.12.3.2.35 recognizes it, backs it up and syncs it • I can see its content from Windows...
Drivers and Hardware
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Lock Screen Personal Pictures Not Shown
The personal picture in the circle or a local picture selected for the lock screen does not show up after the anniversary update. This only happens if the no-password option has been set. If you log out then the selected pictures are shown when you...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:25.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums