Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  1.    02 May 2017 #31
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 6
    10

    This could be a temporarily fix :

    The message — “USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.” or “Eject USB Root Hub (USB 3.0)” often appears on computers with the Gigabyte Z170X motherboard, so if you seldom use the USB 3.0/USB 3.1 port on the back of the computer host, you can disable the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller in Device Manager and fix the USB 3.0/3.1 not working or not recognized problem.

    • 1. Go to the Device Manager.
    • 2. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • 3. Right click the USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller.
    • 4. Select the Disable device.
    • 5. Restart the computer.



    from : Fix USB 3.0 Not Working on Windows 10 Creators Update | Driver Talent
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    02 May 2017 #32
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 611
    W10 Home 1703

    Doesn't that just hide the problem?
    I'll bet the OP is looking to fix it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    02 May 2017 #33
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,571
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    There is some truth to what asmanabiali said, about the Z170 board as I've had this issue myself, but mainly after updating to the F21 BIOS.

    As I said before, unless you're seriously planning on running a Kaby Lake processor one these Gigabyte Z170 boards, I'd stay far away from those F20's BIOS. Too many weird issues. And even if you do upgrade to a kaby, it doesn't mean the BIOS issues the new updates bring goes away.

    And don't bother calling Gigabyte's tech support... they're as clueless as a newborn discussing 60's pop. Been there done that with them. All you get is the run around and babble talk with no fix.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    02 May 2017 #34
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,443
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    There is some truth to what asmanabiali said, about the Z170 board as I've had this issue myself, but mainly after updating to the F21 BIOS.

    As I said before, unless you're seriously planning on running a Kaby Lake processor one these Gigabyte Z170 boards, I'd stay far away from those F20's BIOS. Too many weird issues. And even if you do upgrade to a kaby, it doesn't mean the BIOS issues the new updates bring goes away.

    And don't bother calling Gigabyte's tech support... they're as clueless as a newborn discussing 60's pop. Been there done that with them. All you get is the run around and babble talk with no fix.
    This happens with ASUS boards too, just not Gigabyte's. I had the same issue. Once I removed the Windows Creative Update, problem was gone. This is more of a Windows bug, then anything else.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    02 May 2017 #35
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,443
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by TV2 View Post
    Doesn't that just hide the problem?
    I'll bet the OP is looking to fix it.
    That is correct !!!! That is not a fix. Don't even need to reboot either, soon as you disable the driver, issue is gone.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    02 May 2017 #36
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    USA
    Posts : 1,571
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    This happens with ASUS boards too, just not Gigabyte's. I had the same issue. Once I removed the Windows Creative Update, problem was gone. This is more of a Windows bug, then anything else.
    Not for me. Strictly the F21 Gigabyte BIOS on my Z170 MB. Period. In fact I've a new MB, a Gigabyte Z270 GA-Gaming 8 (see this post), and absolutely NO Windows 10 issues... And I am on the Creator's update

    BTW if you go here, you see all sorts of people are having issues with the F20, F21, F22 BIOS on the Gigabyte Z170 boards. And it ain't Windows related!
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    02 May 2017 #37
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,443
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by sygnus21 View Post
    Not for me. Strictly the F21 Gigabyte BIOS on my Z170 MB. Period. In fact I've a new MB, a Gigabyte Z270 GA-Gaming 8 (see this post), and absolutely NO Windows 10 issues... And I am on the Creator's update

    BTW if you go here, you see all sorts of people are having issues with the F20, F21, F22 BIOS on the Gigabyte Z170 boards. And it ain't Windows related!
    Well sorry to hear that....My ASUS board has no issues like your Gigabyte board does, it only had the one issue with the USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller and everything else on my ASUS board was fine. I did have other smaller problems with the Windows Creative Update, and I got tired of it. There are lots of others that don't care much for the Creative Update either. All my issues WERE Windows Related.....Not related to my ASUS Board.
    Take Care... Mike.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    03 May 2017 #38
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Ok i need to ask you something.
    Well i wont be able to go back to the previous version of windows, because i formatted and installed windows from scratch and i downloaded it from microsoft, so it come with the creator update preinstalled, anyway i was able to find the anniversary update windows version.
    My question is, Can i install windows using this version and prevent it to be updated to the creator update?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    03 May 2017 #39
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 38,443
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by devyeah View Post
    Ok i need to ask you something.
    Well i wont be able to go back to the previous version of windows, because i formatted and installed windows from scratch and i downloaded it from microsoft, so it come with the creator update preinstalled, anyway i was able to find the anniversary update windows version.
    My question is, Can i install windows using this version and prevent it to be updated to the creator update?
    You should be able to find a release newer than having to go back to the anniversary update. Version 1607 Build 14393.1066 should work, and does not have the creative Windows update. You can delay updates, not sure how long you can thou. That anniversary update is real old version. There is a site that you can check out, to download there app for getting Windows versions, directly from Windows.
    Microsoft Windows and Office ISO Download Tool

    Then what you should do, is make a Complete Image backup of your Windows, using Macrium Reflect. Free program.
    Keep this backup on a external drive or a 2nd drive on your computer. If you had already backed up your Windows BEFORE installing the Creative update, then all you would have needed to do was Restore your backup.
    Macrium Reflect Free | Macrium Software
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    03 May 2017 #40
    Join Date : Apr 2017
    Posts : 11
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Oh really nice, thanks, March 2017 should be fine right?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Update with Metered connection fails: Creators Update 15063.0
It's dejá vu all over again. :doh: The correct behaviour of windows update over a metered connection is to offer the choice to download, or wait until on a non-metered connection. 128460 The initial build of the Anniversary Update broke...
Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released
Source: Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released - Building Apps for WindowsBuilding Apps for Windows :arrow: Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703 (build 15063) now available from Windows 10 Update Assistant. ...
Windows 10 News
Visual Studio 2017 Update Preview and Windows 10 Creators Update SDK
Source: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/visualstudio/2017/03/16/visual-studio-2017-update-preview-and-windows-10-creators-update-sdk/
Windows 10 News
Solved iPhone shown as Unspecified in Devices and Printers
I have a problem with my iPhone 5s/iOS 9.2.1 in Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 10586.71, as shown in the pictures: Although everything works OK, i.e. • iTunes v.12.3.2.35 recognizes it, backs it up and syncs it • I can see its content from Windows...
Drivers and Hardware
Windows 10 Anniversary Update Lock Screen Personal Pictures Not Shown
The personal picture in the circle or a local picture selected for the lock screen does not show up after the anniversary update. This only happens if the no-password option has been set. If you log out then the selected pictures are shown when you...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums