USB 3.0 Not recognized

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 39
    Windows 10 PRO
       #1

    USB 3.0 Not recognized


    Hi Dear All Experts,
    I have a Laptop HP Elitebook Intel core i5 (2520M)
    And I installed windows 10 to it , it is 64 bit OS.
    And I have A USB flash drive 16 GB, USB 3.0 But when I insert it to USB 3.0 hub.
    it gives a message that device descroptor request failed,
    some times it gives a message set Address failed
    and sometime gives Port Reset failed
    and now it gives device failed Enumeration.
    So please kindly tel me about this issue.
    Thank you!
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 68
    10Pro/7Pro
       #2

    hi
    do you have an HP dvd for your laptop, it should have came with it ?
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 39
    Windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter
       #3

    asusG said:
    hi
    do you have an HP dvd for your laptop, it should have came with it ?
    Yes it have an integrated DVD RW drive
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 3,679
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 21H2
       #4

    when I insert it to USB 3.0 hub
    What is the model # of the HP Elite Laptop?
    Are you plugging this drive directly into the Blue USB 3.0 ports of the laptop? or are you using a USB 3.0 Hub? Does the Hub have it's own power adapter? If so, be sure to use it and plug it directly into the wall and not through a power strip as this will diminish the power.
    If plugging directly into the USB 3.0 ports on the laptop Go to the HP Support/Drivers site, Type in your model # and download the Chipset driver, and under Software-solutions USB 3.0 software.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 39
    Windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter
       #5

    spunk said:
    What is the model # of the HP Elite Laptop?
    Are you plugging this drive directly into the Blue USB 3.0 ports of the laptop? or are you using a USB 3.0 Hub? Does the Hub have it's own power adapter? If so, be sure to use it and plug it directly into the wall and not through a power strip as this will diminish the power.
    If plugging directly into the USB 3.0 ports on the laptop Go to the HP Support/Drivers site, Type in your model # and download the Chipset driver, and under Software-solutions USB 3.0 software.
    I have Hp elitebook 8460p model Running windows 10 on it, However windows 10 is not compatible with this device, Because on Hp website there is no option to download drivers for windows 10.
    And I already installed usb 3.0 drivers for this
    USB 3.0 Not recognized-elitebook_8460p_74b4e1_03.jpg
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 12,475
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #6

    I surprised a client yesterday when I showed her the Blue USB port on her Notebook, didn't know she had it. It did help in copying files when plugging her WD My Book into it with its included/required USB 3.0 cable rather than use a USB 2.0 port.
      My Computers


  7. Posts : 3,679
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 21H2
       #7

    The attached picture in Post #5 shows USB 2.0 ports (Black instead of USB 3.0 Blue) Are there USB 3.0 ports on the other side of the laptop?
    Go to the HP Support/Drivers page Drivers Software for HP EliteBook 8460p Notebook PC - HP Support Center. and select your version of Windows (Ie) 32Bit or 64bit. Download the Chipset Driver and the USB 3.0 driver. When you download the driver, it unzips to a place on your C: drive. Usually C:\Software Distribution\Drivers or some such. Take note of where it downloads. This should start the Setup. If it fails, because it is for Windows 7, Browse to this folder, open it and right click Setup.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility make it compatible with Windows 7. Install the Chipset driver first, then the USB 3.0 driver in this fashion and restart. If you still have a problem, update the Bios.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 39
    Windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter
       #8

    spunk said:
    The attached picture in Post #5 shows USB 2.0 ports (Black instead of USB 3.0 Blue) Are there USB 3.0 ports on the other side of the laptop?
    Go to the HP Support/Drivers page Drivers Software for HP EliteBook 8460p Notebook PC - HP Support Center. and select your version of Windows (Ie) 32Bit or 64bit. Download the Chipset Driver and the USB 3.0 driver. When you download the driver, it unzips to a place on your C: drive. Usually C:\Software Distribution\Drivers or some such. Take note of where it downloads. This should start the Setup. If it fails, because it is for Windows 7, Browse to this folder, open it and right click Setup.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility make it compatible with Windows 7. Install the Chipset driver first, then the USB 3.0 driver in this fashion and restart. If you still have a problem, update the Bios.
    I downloaded this photo from notebookcheck.net
    And these are USB 3.0 ports (not in blue color)
    i informed that these are usb 3.0 ports because when I Renew my windows these ports are not working untill I install USB 3.0 drivers.
    And I have windows 10 in my machine, However windows 10 is still not supported by HP website for this Device,
    And also in your provided link there is no option for windows 10
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 3,679
    Windows 11 Pro 64 Bit 21H2
       #9

    Go to the HP Support/Drivers page Drivers Software for HP EliteBook 8460p Notebook PC - HP Support Center. and select your version of Windows (Ie) 32Bit or 64bit. Download the Chipset Driver and the USB 3.0 driver. When you download the driver, it unzips to a place on your C: drive. Usually C:\Software Distribution\Drivers or some such. Take note of where it downloads. This should start the Setup. If it fails, because it is for Windows 7, Browse to this folder, open it and right click Setup.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility make it compatible with Windows 7. Install the Chipset driver first, then the USB 3.0 driver in this fashion and restart. If you still have a problem, update the Bios.
    Did you follow the instructions in the Quote above to install the drivers? If you install drivers in Compatibility mode, they will install in Windows 10.

    As far as I know, any USB port that is Black and not Blue, is a USB 2.0 port, the chipset driver for the board and it's USB 2.0 ports may be included in the USB 3.0 Driver.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 366
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #10

    spunk said:
    Did you follow the instructions in the Quote above to install the drivers? If you install drivers in Compatibility mode, they will install in Windows 10.

    As far as I know, any USB port that is Black and not Blue, is a USB 2.0 port, the chipset driver for the board and it's USB 2.0 ports may be included in the USB 3.0 Driver.
    All of the USB ports on my Dell Precision M4800 are black, including all four of the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports. It all depends on how the manufacturer wants to do it. They are all labeled with the SS USB logo and give USB 3.0 transfer speeds.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:41.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums