Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Mar 2017 #11
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 611
    W10 Home 1703

    Ah. There are 2 links. I'll separate them now to avoid that confusion.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    28 Mar 2017 #12
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by TV2 View Post
    Ah. There are 2 links. I'll separate them now to avoid that confusion.
    Had to go to actual site, for some reason Tapatalk is only showing one
    I'll read up on that tonight, thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Mar 2017 #13
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter

    USB recovery drive was working, made it with my wifes laptop, now I am getting this... I can't win
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Mar 2017 #14
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 611
    W10 Home 1703

    It means you need Windows 10 installation media, in either 32 or 64 bit to match your system, to run recovery tools from.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Mar 2017 #15
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by TV2 View Post
    It means you need Windows 10 installation media, in either 32 or 64 bit to match your system, to run recovery tools from.
    Yeah it's on my USB stick, it worked 2 nights ago. If it wasn't for being on a data cap during the day would be no problem, now I have to stay up till midnight to try and make another one. Probably going to do a. ISO this time
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Mar 2017 #16
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 611
    W10 Home 1703

    I'm not positive, but I think you get that if the OS on the problem machine was installed in UEFI mode and the Install Media is not.
    Let me see if someone else knows.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    29 Mar 2017 #17
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by TV2 View Post
    I'm not positive, but I think you get that if the OS on the problem machine was installed in UEFI mode and the Install Media is not.
    Let me see if someone else knows.
    Hmm, add that problem to the mix..
    Quote Originally Posted by daktoahorse24 View Post
    Yeah it's on my USB stick, it worked 2 nights ago. If it wasn't for being on a data cap during the day would be no problem, now I have to stay up till midnight to try and make another one. Probably going to do a. ISO this time
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Mar 2017 #18
    Join Date : Jul 2016
    Earth
    Posts : 213
    Windows 10 pro on both

    @daktoahorse24 your PC prob has a button to press during boot to bring up boot drives it looks like your not running the USB in UEFI so either boot to Bios and see if the USB is showing UEFI and "Normal" then just select UEFI, or make a new stick and make sure its UEFI only Some programs will make the stick with both UEFI and "Normal"
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Mar 2017 #19
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by kimkl View Post
    @daktoahorse24 your PC prob has a button to press during boot to bring up boot drives it looks like your not running the USB in UEFI so either boot to Bios and see if the USB is showing UEFI and "Normal" then just select UEFI, or make a new stick and make sure its UEFI only Some programs will make the stick with both UEFI and "Normal"
    It's showing us in bios as UEFI, however could the system not recognize UEFI now, I ask because when using an older win 10 disc (first day it came out), I have 2 options in bios for CD drive one UEFI and one normal, try for EFI I get error, however if I out the normal one for 1st boot it loads right up.
    Last edited by daktoahorse24; 30 Mar 2017 at 00:25.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    29 Mar 2017 #20
    Join Date : Nov 2016
    Posts : 32
    Windows 10 PRO
    Thread Starter

    Now this screen instead of no bootmgr...OS is there, verified it on another PC. Starting to see a reset on my future...
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Profile gets wiped out
Hello, I have seen this happen twice to two different users. They have laptops that they use to work remotely, which we have joined to our domain, but they log in with a local account. The laptops are Windows 10 version 1607 64-bit. What...
User Accounts and Family Safety
Fresh Win10 install onto a wiped wiped hard drive
My friend has an AIO desktop computer that came with Win 8 and updated to 8.1 and finally Windows 10. She had many problems with Windows 10 and her daughter wiped the hard drive clean and the computer has been sitting there doing nothing since Dec...
Installation and Upgrade
Outlook wiped out after each windows update
Every time my system updates, It kills my outlook. sometimes it kills more than that and wipes out everything but most of the time it is outlook. I do a system restore, but one time that didn't work. I don't want to stop updates, but don't...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Edge - Top Sites wiped out ( blank) ?
Hey gang, I installed Windows 10 a couple of days ago and really like it so far. I have been trying out the new MS Edge browser. I noticed up towards the top in Top Sites it would populate with websites I visit frequently. Kind of like it did in...
Browsers and Email
Solved Win 10 install - Keep nothing setting - D: partiton be wiped too?
Hi, I'm installing win 10 and I'd like a fresh install but I'm a little worried that the install might wipe the data I have shifted to my empty D: partition. I know this shouldn't really happen but just want to double check with you guys thx U.
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:21.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums