Windows 10: Synaptics Touchpad Will Not Scroll (Windows 10)
The 18.104.22.168. driver caused scrolling to not work in Edge again. I have tried many different synaptics driver versions. All had at least one unbearable annoyance. I have settled on Version: 18.1.3. Although it scrolls well in all my often used applications, coasting will not work for me.
Scrolling in my Synaptics Touchpad 6.3 on an old HP laptop stopped working after upgrade to Win 10 64-bit. I updated to the latest driver v19.0.19 available on Synaptics website. The Touchpad Settings GUI changed, but scrolling wasn't fixed. Then I decided to remove Synaptics driver altogether:
1. Open System-Advanced System Settings-Hardware-Device Installation Settings, select No updates - Save Changes
2. Open Device Manager-Mice and other pointing devices-Synaptics Touchpad, then Uninstall Driver-Delete Driver, then Reboot
3. After reboot, default PS/2 Compatible Mouse driver is auto installed for the Touchpad by Windows. Then it's autoupdated by Windows Update back to Synaptics Touchpad driver
4. Reboot again to finish autoupdate, open Device Manager-Mice and other pointing devices-Synaptics Touchpad, then Update driver-Browse my computer for driver software-Let me pick, select again PS/2 Compatible Mouse and reinstall this driver.
5. Reboot again. Now Windows will not revert back to Synaptics driver, since you manually chosen to downgrade the driver to "previous version". Check scrolling and other features - they all work perfect with PS/2 Compatible Mouse driver in every application, and in various system windows. Bingo!
Just remember, some advanced Touchpad features won't be accessible with this driver, but scrolling is a lot more important, and it works. Of course, there may be other options available for your laptop & touchpad hardware, like reverting to an older Vista or Win 7 / 8 Synaptics driver the same way as I did. Or simply enabling Touchpad Scrolling with some Function button on your laptop keyboard. Or editing certain Registry keys that control the latest Synaptics driver. Its a common problem, and various solutions that worked for certain models are posted on the web.
Last edited by zamar21; 05 Nov 2016 at 07:52.
I have a Lenovo ThinkPad R500 laptop on which Win 10 hasbeen installed. The laptop was given to me just to try Win 10. I dislike usingthe touch pad and want to disable it but I can't do it. One way that issupposed to work is to go to Control Panel...
I am running the latest build of Windows 10 (build 10240).
Now that release date is coming driver updates are arriving for my laptop (Acer ES1-111M). One of which is for the Synaptics touchpad. When I apply this driver and restart my laptop the...
Synaptics touts more secure fingerprint readers, in time for Windows 10 and Android M
10162 trial, please can you tell me how to adjust touchpad settings, only mouse stuff adjust shows
its a dell p10f001 laptop,thankyou
well scrolling is not possible anymore, maybe because of an update.
in IE Smooth Scroll is off, but on just give the same result.
In Outlook 2013 same problem as in Explorer.
Scroll Lock is off, Numeric Lock is on.