Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1.    11 Jul 2015 #31
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Sydney NSW Australia
    Posts : 291
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit 1703 (15063.502)

    I have a GA Z97X Gaming 3 MB and have been VERY happy with it since I got it last December. It is a brilliant board.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    11 Jul 2015 #32
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 616
    Windows 10

    My previous Gigabyte motherboard (Z77-D3H) crapped out on me only after about 2 1/2 years with only a lite overclock; although it wasn't enough to stop me from going right back to Gigabyte, so I guess they can't be too bad. Besides just about every build I've done has been with a Gigabyte board.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    11 Jul 2015 #33
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by fracking4oil View Post
    My previous Gigabyte motherboard (Z77-D3H) crapped out on me only after about 2 1/2 years with only a lite overclock; although it wasn't enough to stop me from going right back to Gigabyte, so I guess they can't be too bad. Besides just about every build I've done has been with a Gigabyte board.
    2-1/2 years should be long enough. I always welcome things like that to happen after a reasonable time so that I have a reason to do an upgrade.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Jul 2015 #34
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 616
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    2-1/2 years should be long enough. I always welcome things like that to happen after a reasonable time so that I have a reason to do an upgrade.
    Unfortunately, money that was going to be for a GPU upgrade went to replacing the MB and CPU. Now I'm broke and will likely be for awhile.

    Cross your fingers for a lottery win
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Jul 2015 #35
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Nashville, TN
    Posts : 3,142
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by fracking4oil View Post
    My previous Gigabyte motherboard (Z77-D3H) crapped out on me only after about 2 1/2 years with only a lite overclock; although it wasn't enough to stop me from going right back to Gigabyte, so I guess they can't be too bad. Besides just about every build I've done has been with a Gigabyte board.
    A lot of things can cause a motherboard to fail. Power surges, power brownouts, cheap power supplies that don't filter their power correctly, shorting components (memory, video card, hard drives), etc... and of course, overheating...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    15 Jul 2015 #36
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Thanks all!
    Order placed!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    15 Jul 2015 #37
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 616
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystere View Post
    A lot of things can cause a motherboard to fail. Power surges, power brownouts, cheap power supplies that don't filter their power correctly, shorting components (memory, video card, hard drives), etc... and of course, overheating...
    Good point, I should probably look into upgrading my PSU next.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    15 Jul 2015 #38
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,606
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by fracking4oil View Post
    Good point, I should probably look into upgrading my PSU next.

    "Upgrade" is the most exciting word ever.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Waterblock for Gigabyte R9 270
I am currently building a watercooling loop for my PC because I am idling at 59-66 c on my gpu and cpu with fans maxed out. I found everything but a block for my gpu. A r9 270 is basically a 7870 and I found a 7870 waterblock from EK that listed an...
Drivers and Hardware
Good by IE
I've been using IE for my browser for years, but now I am finally done with it. I really got tired of seeing a message that says, "Internet Explorer has stopped working and will shut down. " I always like the spell checker (IESpell) with IE, but I...
Browsers and Email
No sound on desktop Gigabyte motherboard
I just installed windows 10 for the first time and Ive got no sound. I went to the gigabyte driver site and installed the latest driver they have. (VIA HD Audio). I have read other threads on here about lowering the Bitrate down to 16 but that does...
Drivers and Hardware
Gigabyte UEFI bios -windows 8 or other OS?
Just curious .. Not sure if it makes much difference , but should I pick Win 8 or other OS in my bios?
General Support
one good one bad
I have two pc's running W10, one updated to 10049 while I was having dinner by itself without any help from me so I started up the other and set it to update and its been a disaster. At the moment, if I switch it on, eventually I get a message...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums