Windows 10: Dell XPS 13 Hard Drive Boot Inaccesible Boot Device

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    14 Mar 2017 #11

    Sure buddy and sorry not challenging me it's frustrating that I can't get this to work
    I went to Microsoft used their tool downloaded win 10 pro and installed into USB again they Microsoft

    I also downloaded neosmart easy recovery pro for win 10 to fix boot
    Same thing BSOD




    QUOTE=Caledon Ken;959936]Sorry.

    Can I ask how you created media key? Not challenging you. Just find it really strange that a machine can't boot with a fresh copy of windows from a key.


    Ken[/QUOTE]
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 4,038
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703
       14 Mar 2017 #12

    Okay.

    Not sure how new your machine is. If you have a BIOS with secure boot and fast boot they both need to be disabled.

    Very strange that using their process to create USB key with no other software or copies involved doesn't work.


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    14 Mar 2017 #13

    Can't disable fast boot because I can't go into control panel
    I disabled in bios Uefi and switched to legacy to see USB
    Then I used USB as boot
    Still the same

    Thanks so much for trying keep it coming maybe I forgot something


    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Okay.

    Not sure how new your machine is. If you have a BIOS with secure boot and fast boot they both need to be disabled.

    Very strange that using their process to create USB key with no other software or copies involved doesn't work.


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 4,038
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703
       14 Mar 2017 #14

    Just to clarify, Fast Startup is the Windows piece, Fast Boot is the UEFI piece and should be an item in BIOS.

    I don't think I would have disable UEFI boot unless that was required to disable Secure boot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    14 Mar 2017 #15

    I don't see fast boot in bios

    QUOTE=Caledon Ken;959981]Just to clarify, Fast Startup is the Windows piece, Fast Boot is the UEFI piece and should be an item in BIOS.

    I don't think I would have disable UEFI boot unless that was required to disable Secure boot.[/QUOTE]
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 4,038
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703
       14 Mar 2017 #16

    I briefly headed to Dell and looked up XPS 13 and came across this. You will notice the first links is how to re-image which contains BIOS settings.

    Which XPS 13 do you have?

    Support for XPS 13 9350 | Dell Canada
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    14 Mar 2017 #17

    xps 13 9343


    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    I briefly headed to Dell and looked up XPS 13 and came across this. You will notice the first links is how to re-image which contains BIOS settings.

    Which XPS 13 do you have?

    Support for XPS 13 9350 | Dell Canada
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 4,038
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703
       14 Mar 2017 #18

    No special guide on installing 10 on this device

    Do you have your data backed up?

    What I'm thinking is there should be a recovery partition installed by vendor on disk. Not sure which key invokes, likely F11.

    If invoke it should restore system. Did this unit come with Windows 10. It will destroy all data !!

    I must do more searching, something doesn't add up here. Your machine should be able to boot from a MS created key. You said it won't even boot from other products.


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    14 Mar 2017 #19

    it came with windows 8.1, i installed win 10 pro

    im using now rufus 2.2 and trying again win 10 64 pro on usb will update you in a bit

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    No special guide on installing 10 on this device

    Do you have your data backed up?

    What I'm thinking is there should be a recovery partition installed by vendor on disk. Not sure which key invokes, likely F11.

    If invoke it should restore system. Did this unit come with Windows 10. It will destroy all data !!

    I must do more searching, something doesn't add up here. Your machine should be able to boot from a MS created key. You said it won't even boot from other products.


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 4,038
    Windows 10 Pro Build 1703
       14 Mar 2017 #20

    If using Rufus make sure it is FAT32 for Uefi boot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, I think I have a serious problem. I have windows 10 Pro 64, with AHCI set in the BIOS, although I installed the OS with IDE, later I switched to AHCI (I use removable SATA drivers) without reinstalling OS (I had a lot of software fine tuned...
I've read up on creating dual boot setups, and for a while had a second system on a partition of my only hard drive. Gave that up as unwieldy and installed a second disk for backups. I propose to install a copy of my OS on the new disk as a...
I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and now, whenever I restart my computer, it briefly gives a "Boot from CD-Rom" (or some such words to that effect) message, then gives a second message saying that it is now attempting to boot from the hard...
I have a Toshiba Satellite S55-A5294 laptop computer. It is running Windows 10. I had the drive encrypted using Jetico's BestCrypt full disk encryption. Several weeks ago, I was using Windows, put the computer to sleep, and when I came back an...
I recently obtained an HP pavilion desktop pc loaded with Windows 7 which I upgraded to 10. All was going well and everything loaded ok but was having problems with Edge so I decided to do a complete restore from the settings which it didn't...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:04.
Find Us