Windows 10: Which SSD for HP Laptop

  1.    12 Mar 2017 #1

    Which SSD for HP Laptop


    Dear friend

    Now I need to replace new SSD for my laptop HP Elitebook. Please let me know what SSD is the best for HP elitbook with Windows 10 Home.

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 6,899
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1709
       12 Mar 2017 #2

    Hi qdungeng

    Not sure that it really matters which SSD you use, all should work. Now your storage interface, if I read specs properly, is only SATA 2.0, so you won't be able to take advantage of an ultra premium drive with very high specs. You can go for space rather than blinding r/w specs.

    Before buying I would see how difficult it is to replace. Some HDD's are buried inside. I would also quickly check connections. Most SSD's today are very slim in terms of height.


    Ken
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Mar 2017 #3

    Sandisk for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Mar 2017 #4

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Hi qdungeng

    Not sure that it really matters which SSD you use, all should work. Now your storage interface, if I read specs properly, is only SATA 2.0, so you won't be able to take advantage of an ultra premium drive with very high specs. You can go for space rather than blinding r/w specs.

    Before buying I would see how difficult it is to replace. Some HDD's are buried inside. I would also quickly check connections. Most SSD's today are very slim in terms of height.


    Ken
    Hi Ken

    My laptop is HP elitebook 2560P :
    - OS : Windows 10 Home 32bit
    - Chip : Cores I5 2.5
    - Ram 4Gb Bus 1333
    - HDD 500Gb SATA III by SAMSUNG.

    Please advice me.
    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Mar 2017 #5

    The computer is shown as having a SATA II interface. The actual hard drive currently installed might be a SATA III capable HDD, but the computer side of the interface is SATA II. Therefore, any SSD you put in it is going to be limited by the computer side SATA II, so I wouldn't spend a whole lot of extra money on a super high speed SSD that is going to be connected to a SATA II port.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Mar 2017 #6

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    The computer is shown as having a SATA II interface. The actual hard drive currently installed might be a SATA III capable HDD, but the computer side of the interface is SATA II. Therefore, any SSD you put in it is going to be limited by the computer side SATA II, so I wouldn't spend a whole lot of extra money on a super high speed SSD that is going to be connected to a SATA II port.
    Wwhy original of HDD is HITACHI 7K750-500 ? "The new 2.5“ Travelstar 7K750 model features 16 MB of cache, a 3 Gb/s SATA interface".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    13 Mar 2017 #7

    qdungeng said: View Post
    Wwhy original of HDD is HITACHI 7K750-500 ? "The new 2.5“ Travelstar 7K750 model features 16 MB of cache, a 3 Gb/s SATA interface".
    and 3 Gb/s SATA is SATA II. SATA III is 6 Gb/s.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Two laptops windows 10 home group network del printer with USB connection to one of laptops both have driver both recognize printer network is OK remote laptop is unable to print to printer
I recently purchased an ASUS A555DG-EHFX to take over for my wife's Win7 ASUS K50IJ-BBZ5 (both are 64-bit). Obviously getting Windows 10 up and running out of the box was a breeze. Configuring WLAN connectivity was also easy, even though I have...
Have been having this problem for a while now. Every so often, the headhphone jack on my laptop just stops working after hours and hours of the laptop being on. The built-in speakers of the laptop work fine. What happens is that while the...
I'm running home edition in both and trying to export contacts from old vista laptop to flash drive, then import to 'people' on win 10 laptop . Do I do it as csv -common separated values ...or vCards (folder of .vcf files) thanks in anticipation...
After upgrading my Hp Laptop to Windows 10 build 10547 my laptop restarts randomly The error message is "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart.We're just collecting some error info, and then we'll restart for you. If you'd like to know...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37.
Find Us