Windows 10: How to install a USB Printer Twice

  1.    11 Feb 2017 #1

    How to install a USB Printer Twice


    I want to use two different settings and want to install the same USB Printer with two different names and then set different settings for each. Is it possible?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    12 Feb 2017 #2

    See if the last post in THIS thread helps. Was for Win 7 but may work for 10 as well.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    13 Feb 2017 #3

    ComputerGeek said: View Post
    See if the last post in THIS thread helps. Was for Win 7 but may work for 10 as well.
    Thanks ComputerGeek. It helped me and I can access this second printer from other domain PC and I can print on my PC also by selecting this printer in print command but this printer is not visible in device and printers thus I am not able to make settings in this printer e.g Form settings. Seek your advice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    13 Feb 2017 #4

    Searching for a solution....

    Open windows services (ControlPanel->Admin Tools->Services). Right click Device Setup Manager->Properties and set StartupType to Automatic. reboot. Any luck?

    Not the perfect solution.. But copy/paste following into File Explorer and hit Enter. It should display all printers. Does it show the new printer installed? Try opening the printer from there to change settings.
    Code:
    C:\Windows\explorer.exe ::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}
    /* EDIT */
    You can also try getting to the printer settings from ControlPanel->Admin Tools->Print Management.
    Last edited by ComputerGeek; 13 Feb 2017 at 23:00.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    14 Feb 2017 #5

    ComputerGeek said: View Post
    Searching for a solution....

    Open windows services (ControlPanel->Admin Tools->Services). Right click Device Setup Manager->Properties and set StartupType to Automatic. reboot. Any luck?

    Not the perfect solution.. But copy/paste following into File Explorer and hit Enter. It should display all printers. Does it show the new printer installed? Try opening the printer from there to change settings.
    Code:
    C:\Windows\explorer.exe ::{2227A280-3AEA-1069-A2DE-08002B30309D}
    /* EDIT */
    You can also try getting to the printer settings from ControlPanel->Admin Tools->Print Management.
    Excellent. Your code worked. But still I have some issues. There is no print server property in this window, so I am not able to create a Form here. Mine is a domain PC having Win 7. Though I am able to create Form at the Server PC for this printer but could not check the result. I will again come to this thread tomorrow with the result. Is it possible to create the Form at my PC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    15 Feb 2017 #6

    On the one hand, I'm not familiar with setting printer forms nor very familiar with local PC vs. print server issues for domain PCs. That said, I did find a thread that might be helpful: Can't create a new form in print server properties

    Otherwise, you can create a new post in Win 7 forums (as is a Win 7 PC issue). Be sure to also indicate Windows Server version you're working with. Certainly there are some here more familiar with domains and Windows Server though I think most people here have workstation PCs. Other good forums I've found for posting Server related issues include Spiceworks and MS Technet Windows Server forums. Hope that helps!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    17 Feb 2017 #7

    ComputerGeek said: View Post
    On the one hand, I'm not familiar with setting printer forms nor very familiar with local PC vs. print server issues for domain PCs. That said, I did find a thread that might be helpful: Can't create a new form in print server properties

    Otherwise, you can create a new post in Win 7 forums (as is a Win 7 PC issue). Be sure to also indicate Windows Server version you're working with. Certainly there are some here more familiar with domains and Windows Server though I think most people here have workstation PCs. Other good forums I've found for posting Server related issues include Spiceworks and MS Technet Windows Server forums. Hope that helps!
    Thanks again for your valuable suggessions. I have created form from server. I kept top margin once 0.15 then 0.20 then 0.50 but it is printing from the same place. May be settings of virtual printer is getting override by actual printer settings. This I will have to check up with the experts.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Windows 10 Won't Install HP Printer? in Drivers and Hardware
I've had this problem for about a week now. It says this in Windows Update: "There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this...
Unable to install HP printer in Drivers and Hardware
Hello, I have an Acer 5741 with Windows 10. Back when I had Windows 7, I was able to use my HP Deskjet F4580 without problem. However, when I try to install the printer, it always fails. I have tried using the driver installer from HP website...
Can't install printer in Drivers and Hardware
I have a brother 620CN On windows 10, it should install by plugging in the USB. It worked fine 2 weeks ago, and now when i plug it in, it doesn't show up, or it doesn't find the printer when i try to add it through the control panel. It only...
epson printer driver wont install in Drivers and Hardware
i've updated to windows 10 on my pc and i'm unable to download the driver for my epson sx235w printer to my pc. i've tried the install disc and also via the drivers online. each time it starts to download the drivers it gets stuck on the download...
2 pc's-- win 10 and win xp. i can share files from either pc but can't print from the xp to the win 10 (where the printer is installed) whenever i try to install a network printer to the xp pc, it wants a un and pw. both pc's have the same login...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:16.
Find Us