Windows 10: External Microphone not working? Help???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    10 Feb 2017 #11

    Do you have a sound manager other than the speaker in systray. With realtek you get a sound manager app and in some version you get to tell it what is plugged in.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    10 Feb 2017 #12

    What type of connector does the microphone have? The TRRS or TRS like the pictures I posted.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.   My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    11 Feb 2017 #14

    fireberd said: View Post
    What type of connector does the microphone have? The TRRS or TRS like the pictures I posted.
    It has the TRRS plug.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    11 Feb 2017 #15

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Do you have a sound manager other than the speaker in systray. With realtek you get a sound manager app and in some version you get to tell it what is plugged in.
    It shows only one
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    11 Feb 2017 #16

    If it has the TRRS, I suspect the PC requires TRS. Thus an adapter will be needed to convert the TRRS to TRS.
    Here is one adapter. It has two TRS plugs (one for microphone and one for headphone).
    Amazon.com: CablesOnline 3.5mm TRRS 4-Position Female to Dual 3-Position 3.5mm TRS Male Headset Splitter Adapter (IP-AY12C): Home Audio & Theater
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    11 Feb 2017 #17

    I just checked my Toshiba Satellite Radius and it has a combo jack. It takes the TRS plugs.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    11 Feb 2017 #18

    fireberd said: View Post
    If it has the TRRS, I suspect the PC requires TRS. Thus an adapter will be needed to convert the TRRS to TRS.
    Here is one adapter. It has two TRS plugs (one for microphone and one for headphone).
    Amazon.com: CablesOnline 3.5mm TRRS 4-Position Female to Dual 3-Position 3.5mm TRS Male Headset Splitter Adapter (IP-AY12C): Home Audio & Theater
    I bought a cable similar to that, but it still does not work.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    11 Feb 2017 #19

    Should have asked earlier and maybe you said, my apologies for asking again.

    Has this device worked on another computer? Not often but sometimes things arrive DOA. Worth checking.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    12 Feb 2017 #20

    Caledon Ken said: View Post
    Should have asked earlier and maybe you said, my apologies for asking again.

    Has this device worked on another computer? Not often but sometimes things arrive DOA. Worth checking.
    Yes, I tried using the microphone on my PC and it worked.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
I seem to have a weird issue with my external micro phone that I can't seem to figure out. I'm using a windows 10 desktop with a nvidia sound card. It says that it's plugged in (it has a green checkmark) but the green bars don't go up like it's...
Hi all. Recently I purchased a Logitech h151 headset which has only one single jack, as my ASUS laptop has only one jack used for a headset. However, upon connecting the headset, although the sound plays through it perfectly and without issue, the...
microphone is not working? in Drivers and Hardware
I am having trouble with my headset as it is not being recognised by my laptop as anything the speakers on the headset are working but the microphone. the only way i can get the speakers to work is by going through the default speaker device and...
Microphone not working. in Drivers and Hardware
Hi guys So a few days ago I finished my new build, I went for for Win 10 with DirectX12 in mind. However, my mic does not work, neither through the front or back panel. The PC detects that an audio jack has been connected, detect the mic through...
a simple microphone solution that worked for my HP laptop running Windows 10 Click the Click on/select Scroll down and click on In upper right search box , type in "microphone" Click on/select Turn on Happy holidays ...

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:54.
Find Us