a request for device descriptor request failed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 7
    windows 10
       #1

    a request for device descriptor request failed


    hello guys in my device manager there is a yellow triangle on a usb device driver saying : a request for device descriptor request failed first i thought maybe 1 of my us ports not working but when i tested all ports are working even card reader but the error is still there i updated drivers (chipset - etc) but it didnt help so i want to know how to get rid of that error and what is the problem with my laptop?
    note: sometimes when i trun on my laptop that error is gone mysteriously and most of the times its showing up
    note: i recently changed my wireless adapter tho the orginial adapter was a bt/wifi combo but the new one is just a wifi adapter and i have an ssd installed instead of dvd optical drive and both are working well
    note: things i already tried: disabling fast boot-updating generic usb drivers-taking out battery for 5 minutes-updating drivers
      My Computer

  2. spunk's Avatar
    Posts : 2,332
    Windows 10 Pro
       #2

    i recently changed my wireless adapter
    Is this a USB adapter? Does the error go away if the adapter is removed? With the yellow flag in Device Manager, right click it and Uninstall it. Remove the USB Device from the computer end and Restart your computer. When the computer comes back up, plug the USB device into different USB port of the computer.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    spunk said:
    Is this a USB adapter? Does the error go away if the adapter is removed? With the yellow flag in Device Manager, right click it and Uninstall it. Remove the USB Device from the computer end and Restart your computer. When the computer comes back up, plug the USB device into different USB port of the computer.
    i have no usb adapter attached and my device is a laptop
    only thing i have attached to laptop is a mouse
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #4

    update: driver properties location part says Port_#0007.Hub_#0003 wich device can this be?
      My Computer

  5. spunk's Avatar
    Posts : 2,332
    Windows 10 Pro
       #5

    So, the Wireless adapter that you replaced is not a USB device? Please include the Full Make and Model# of your laptop.
    Right click the device choose Properties/Details/Property take the drop down arrow and choose Hardware ID's copy the text and paste it into Google and/or paste here.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #6

    spunk said:
    So, the Wireless adapter that you replaced is not a USB device? Please include the Full Make and Model# of your laptop.
    Right click the device choose Properties/Details/Property take the drop down arrow and choose Hardware ID's copy the text and paste it into Google and/or paste here.
    it says : USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
      My Computer



  7. Posts : 248
    Server 2012 R2 w/SCCM and Windows 10 x64 v1803
       #7

    If you've already update the chipset drivers, also check if there's a BIOS update.

    Also check to see if this happens with any more frequency when the laptop is plugged vs unplugged (power can also be a cause)
    Does your laptop also have a webam? The cam also connects to the USB bus.

    Don';t know if it will help but try running USBLogView. If lucky, maybe it'll show a device dropping in / out
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #8

    ComputerGeek said:
    If you've already update the chipset drivers, also check if there's a BIOS update.

    Also check to see if this happens with any more frequency when the laptop is plugged vs unplugged (power can also be a cause)
    Does your laptop also have a webam? The cam also connects to the USB bus.

    Don';t know if it will help but try running USBLogView. If lucky, maybe it'll show a device dropping in / out
    i have checked every function i could and everything is working (webcam usb3 usb2 ports mouse keyboard etc )
    this error surprise me tho
      My Computer

  9. EdTittel's Avatar
    Posts : 3,753
    Windows 10
       #9

    Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 7
    windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #10

    EdTittel said:
    Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--
    my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:59.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums