Windows 10: Device compatibility problem with USB 3.0 in windows 10

  1.    05 Dec 2016 #1

    Device compatibility problem with USB 3.0 in windows 10


    Hi guys,
    I have a problem and hope that someone can help me. I have a device with proper driver for windows 10 and it was working in windows 10 well but after the anniversary update the device stopped working. It is detected in device manager and does not have any warning message and also the related softwares detect the device but they can not access or use it. I performed troubleshooting the device in Devices and Printers and the message is this:
    USB composite device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0, plug the device into an available USB 2.0 port.
    I should mention that my laptop does not have a USB 2.0 port and all of the 4 ports are USB 3.0. I don't know what is the problem and how can I solve it. if anyone helps me I will be thankful.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    05 Dec 2016 #2

    What is the device? Does it have it;s own power adapter?
    Try this:
    Go to Start/Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator
    press Enter after each Bold command

    diskpart
    automount enable
    exit
    exit
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,076
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       05 Dec 2016 #3

    I have a device with proper driver for windows 10
    No solution but my question would be: that's good for the device but does Win10 itself have the proper drivers for the USB ports? Most times USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices but have seen issues with older printers when plugged into USB 3.0 ports, lost communication with the computer after printing half a page.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Dec 2016 #4

    spunk said: View Post
    What is the device? Does it have it;s own power adapter?
    Try this:
    Go to Start/Search and type CMD, Right click the CMD results and Run As Administrator
    press Enter after each Bold command

    diskpart
    automount enable
    exit
    exit
    thanks for your response. I have done this but no success. It's a DVB-T tuner for pc and was working well before anniversary update. I also have captured the usb port trace and there is only one error in it. see this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sketch1.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	112592
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Dec 2016 #5

    Berton said: View Post
    No solution but my question would be: that's good for the device but does Win10 itself have the proper drivers for the USB ports? Most times USB 3.0 is backward compatible with USB 2.0 devices but have seen issues with older printers when plugged into USB 3.0 ports, lost communication with the computer after printing half a page.
    Well my problem is a little strange. It doesn't stopped working suddenly. The first time I faced the problem, unplugged the device and plugged it again and it was solved. This procedure was repeated for three or four times each time after the first boot of windows 10 but after the 4th or 5th time, unplugging the device couldn't resolve the problem and now there is 4 months that I have this problem and can not use the device. It is very strange that the softwares detect my device but for scanning they can not access the device.
    And to answer your question, under the universal serial bus controllers there are two Intel drivers, the first one is Intel(R) 8 series/C220 Series USB EHCI #1 - 8C26 and its driver date is 2006 and the second one is Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host contoller - 1.0 and its date is 2016. There are no updates for them from device manager.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    06 Dec 2016 #6

    Could be your PC needs a new set of chipset drivers. Have you checked HP support to see if they have anything newer? OTOH, Station Drivers series 10 chipset drivers might be worth trying out. I recommend starting out with 10.1.1.10 and working your way up (if it installs) or down (if it fails to install) from there.
    HTH,
    --Ed--
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    06 Dec 2016 #7

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Could be your PC needs a new set of chipset drivers. Have you checked HP support to see if they have anything newer? OTOH, Station Drivers series 10 chipset drivers might be worth trying out. I recommend starting out with 10.1.1.10 and working your way up (if it installs) or down (if it fails to install) from there.
    HTH,
    --Ed--
    Thanks Ed for your response. Actually HP support does not provide any driver for windows 10 for my system since it's two or three month older than the time which they provide windows 10 drivers, but I had updated all of drivers from device manager, though I did your suggestion and downgraded the intel chipset driver to the latest one on HP support and then updated to each driver from your link. I tested all of them and none of them resolved my issue. Also I have traced my device with Microsoft message analyzer and I can see one error and a few warnings when I plug the device, here it is:
    The error is this:

    USB:Control transfer failed with status pair USBD_STATUS_STALL_PID and STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

    and the warnings is this:

    Missing URB information, releasing dispatch message from endpoint USBCommonGlobals
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    06 Dec 2016 #8

    Doesn't sound good. Does your laptop have a PCIe/ExpressCard slot? I got round similar (but not the same) issues on a Lenovo by plugging in a Startech USB3.0 ExpressCard adapter. It lets me add USB 3.0 capability to a pair of Lenovo laptops that are too old to have USB 3.0 built in.
    HTH,
    --Ed--
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    07 Dec 2016 #9

    EdTittel said: View Post
    Doesn't sound good. Does your laptop have a PCIe/ExpressCard slot? I got round similar (but not the same) issues on a Lenovo by plugging in a Startech USB3.0 ExpressCard adapter. It lets me add USB 3.0 capability to a pair of Lenovo laptops that are too old to have USB 3.0 built in.
    HTH,
    --Ed--
    No it doesn't have that slot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
I recently reset my windows 10 then I got problem my laptop can't produce sound so I can't hear sound from it the speaker logo in the task bar have x mark and when clicked it opens troubleshooter then windows can't find the trouble. I also uninstall...
Compatibility problem in Software and Apps
Running Win 10 64bit with Anniversary update, so far very impressed with the latest from Microsoft, but alas I have a compatibility issue with some software, which ran perfectly with XP, Vista, Win 7, but not with Win 10, as been confirmed by Msoft,...
I have used MS Money for years and, although I realise it's now discontinued, it meets my needs and has worked well up until the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10. It now fails to start and states it requires IE 6 to work, although I'm sure that's an...
I have an old XP program, xReminder Pro, that I have been using for many years. I am currently running it in Compatibility Mode on Windows 7 and it runs fine. On my Windows 10 test machine, this program will install and run from a "manual" start in...
windows 10 compatibility problem in Installation and Upgrade
NEED HELP. I CAN'T ABLE TO UPGRADE MY WINDOWS 10. I AM FACING THIS PROBLEM. TELL ME THE SOLUTION. HOW TO SOLVE. THANKS. "The computer started using the Windows installation media. Remove the installation media and restart your computer so that...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:55.
Find Us