Windows 10: DDR4 RAM not working on highest possible speed? Solved


  1. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       11 Oct 2016 #1

    DDR4 RAM not working on highest possible speed?


    I just got a new motherboard, cpu, ram and ssd, my ram is DDR4 2133mhz it's a single 8gb stick, my mobo is ga-z170-gaming k3, I expeted speccy and cpu-z to show 2133mhz but they show it's working @1066Mhz altho in bios it says it's clocked at 2133mhz, is it supposed to be like that or is something setup wrong?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    11 Oct 2016 #2

    Yes....by default, the RAM is/should be at 1333mhz. You then have to go into the BIOS and change it (frequency) to 2133mhz or use the XMP setting.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    11 Oct 2016 #3

    Relax said: View Post
    I just got a new motherboard, cpu, ram and ssd, my ram is DDR4 2133mhz it's a single 8gb stick, my mobo is ga-z170-gaming k3, I expeted speccy and cpu-z to show 2133mhz but they show it's working @1066Mhz altho in bios it says it's clocked at 2133mhz, is it supposed to be like that or is something setup wrong?
    Some utilities report the true RAM frequency. DDR transfers data on both the up and down ticks of the clock (hence "double data rate").

    You're getting the RAM frequency that you intended.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       12 Oct 2016 #4

    bobkn said: View Post
    Some utilities report the true RAM frequency. DDR transfers data on both the up and down ticks of the clock (hence "double data rate").

    You're getting the RAM frequency that you intended.
    I thought you're doubling only when it's 2 sticks working in dual channel, but I only have 1 stick that's 8GBs , are u sure it's working at 2133mhz actually?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    12 Oct 2016 #5

    Absolutely correct....forgot to point that out. Thanks bobkn.

    Yes it is...as bobkn pointed out; 2 x 1066 = 2133
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Oct 2016 #6

    Relax said: View Post
    I thought you're doubling only when it's 2 sticks working in dual channel, but I only have 1 stick that's 8GBs , are u sure it's working at 2133mhz actually?
    The reported frequency is the same whether you're running single, dual, triple, or quad channel.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       14 Oct 2016 #7

    Alright, thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
What would be the highest capacity type of CD (I call it CD, but I know there are other types...) If I search on Google for "Highest capacity CD" it comes up with 700MB and I know that in not a lot. So, what I'm asking is, what other types are...
Best DDR4 RAM for Z170? in PC Custom Builds and Overclocking
Hi, need advice on best DDR4 RAM to be used with either Asus Z170-A or Z170-Deluxe mobo. Thanks
Reinstalled flash player and java. Still not working. This problem is only on one computer. Other laptops are win 10 and ok. Turned off firewall but same problem. Jim
anyone using DDR4 material? in Drivers and Hardware
hi, is anyone using DDR4 memory with motherboard 2011V3 and CPU? Just curious if this works well and fast. Thanks
Read more...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:15.
Find Us