Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    10 Oct 2016 #1
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10

    No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices


    I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC.
    Things I've tried:
    1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts
    2) Checked power is connected
    3) Checked speakers are connected via the green jack
    There's another fix I was trying in the Playback Devices window but when I look there, my speakers aren't even displayed.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	105296

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Oct 2016 #2
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,458
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Open Settings, then Devices...is it Bluetooth?....if not click on Connected Devices, then Add Devices.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blue.PNG  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    10 Oct 2016 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    This is the only thing which appears when I click 'add device'. The speakers aren't Bluetooth and work fine with my other PC which is Win 7. Nice sig btw.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled2.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	105304
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    10 Oct 2016 #4
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,918
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Hi RC!

    You don't have drivers for sound card. Only HDMI connection is shown.

    What motherboard do you have? There is a reason, you can put all your hardware data in your profile - it's a lot easier to give advice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    10 Oct 2016 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,458
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    See attachment....click on sound on Taskbar.....on right side top ^....click on arrow as shown....any other options?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sp.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    10 Oct 2016 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Hi RC!

    You don't have drivers for sound card. Only HDMI connection is shown.

    What motherboard do you have? There is a reason, you can put all your hardware data in your profile - it's a lot easier to give advice.
    Hi! Device manager says my sound card drivers are up to date though? I have updated my system specs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    10 Oct 2016 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by dencal View Post
    See attachment....click on sound on Taskbar.....on right side top ^....click on arrow as shown....any other options?
    Unfortunately there is not even an arrow there.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled3.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	105310
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    10 Oct 2016 #8
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 2,458
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview

    Can only suggest you check all connections on both computer and speakers....try removing them all and reinstalling.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    10 Oct 2016 #9
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,918
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by RC 1832 View Post
    Hi! Device manager says my sound card drivers are up to date though? I have updated my system specs.
    Are you sure the drivers are for your ASUS Xonar? Because in your picture above there is output to your HDMI (AMD graphic card), which can be used for connection to TV (mostly).

    Did you install drivers from ASUS: www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Xonar_DGX/HelpDesk_Download/ pick drivers for WIN 10 64bit.

    If you already installed those drivers, uninstall them and reinstall, if nothing changes, try with Revo uninstaller.

    Edit: you have great sound card on your motherboard. You can remove your PCI-e card and use integrated... If you disabled it, you maybe connected your speakers with integrated output...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    10 Oct 2016 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 8
    Win 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Are you sure the drivers are for your ASUS Xonar? Because in your picture above there is output to your HDMI (AMD graphic card), which can be used for connection to TV (mostly).

    Did you install drivers from ASUS: www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Xonar_DGX/HelpDesk_Download/ pick drivers for WIN 10 64bit.

    If you already installed those drivers, uninstall them and reinstall, if nothing changes, try with Revo uninstaller.

    Edit: you have great sound card on your motherboard. You can remove your PCI-e card and use integrated... If you disabled it, you maybe connected your speakers with integrated output...
    I uninstalled with Revo then reinstalled the drivers. My speakers actually show in 'Playback devices' now but still no sound.

    Is your suggestion to now remove the Asus card entirely and use the integrated card?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Playback devices show a speaker, but my sound does not work.
Okay, so about 2 hours ago I was in a teamspeak. Suddenly my microphone and headset cut out, immediately I right clicked the sound icon and selected 'playback devices' there were three icons I didn't recognise one was a speaker that said 'Xsplit...
Drivers and Hardware
Audio playback, speakers vs headset conflict
Hey guys, first time posting here so if I'm in the wrong category, I'll make the appropriate switch. Anyways, so I'm running Windows 10 and have Realtek Audio manager installed. I've had no issues so far, until I recently purchased a headset for...
Drivers and Hardware
Solved How do I Restore My Built-In Speakers as Playback Device?
I wanted to temporarily disable my built-in speakers. I went to Control Panel. Clicked on "Sound" which displayed my menu of playback devices. Clicked on my built-in speakers. Clicked on "Properties." Clicked on "Disable." However this...
Drivers and Hardware
Audio devices in Device Manager, but not in Playback Devices
Hello everyone, Laptop Samsung NP300V5A. Sound stops working about a month after Win 10 upgrade. No changes done at the time. Audio devices show up under Device Manager, but not under Playback/Recording Devices. Same for Realtek Sound Manager...
Drivers and Hardware
Set up Stereo Mix: audio playback on both headset and speakers
How do I set up Stereo Mix in Windows 10? In Windows 8.1 I used to set my speakers as default playback device, then enable Stereo Mix and set it to listen to my headset. Then I would get two volume controls in taskbar, one for speakers and one for...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:48.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums