Windows 10: MicroSD shows up with diminished capacity 128gb shows up as 200MB card
MicroSD shows up with diminished capacity 128gb shows up as 200MB card
Is this the behavior after removing it from the sealed packaging and immediately plugging it into your tablet, or have you done anything with it in between?
One possible explanation is that there is more than 1 partition on the drive and Windows is only seeing the first, 200 MB partition. But it is unlikely to have come from the factory in such a state.
Can you post a screenshot of what the Windows disk management (diskmgmt.msc) shows for allocated space?
Alternatively you can try reformatting it with the official SD card formatter
Please see screenshot
Please see screenshot. 20160928_114117.jpg - Google Drive
There are 2 partitions.
1. The 116 gb partition does not show up
2. Throws an error message on reformating
3. I tried restarting the computer AND the console both and yet same error message
4. The 116gb partition shows up fine on linux.
What should I do ? Options:
1. Reformat and delete the partition on windows ? I do not know how to do it ?
2. Any other ideas ?
mike s said:
Your problem is exactly as I suspected. (By the way, there is no need to reference an external hosting site to post pictures here, you can just paste it right into the message editor).
Windows will only see the first partition of removeable media, this is by design. Its built-in partition manager will not deal with this situation.
You have several choices. The first few that come to mind:
- Since you already are using Linux, you can use gparted to remove all partitions and then reformat with a single partition occupying the entire SD card. Or: just wipe the card completely using gparted and then start from scratch by partitioning and formatting the blank card under Windows.
- You can try using the official SD card formatter (link in my previous message).
- You can use other third-party tools that excel in this kind of thing, like rmprepusb (www.rmprepusb.com). You may need to turn on the "view all drives" or "enable large drives") option as it will, by default, ignore large sized media so you don't accidentally reformat your HDD.
Currently have 32GB RAM installed on my X99 system with an Intel 5820K but according to Resource monitor on Windows 10 there is 32680MB Physical memory installed, total value of 32680MB and 87.5MB Hardware reserved,. Checking the system properties...
Hello, How to use a mcrosd card as the hdd storage on tablet pc (os wndows 10 64bit) ?
Hi im running windows 10 32bit I have 6gb of ram and it only shows i have (2.99) out of (6)Gb any idea how to fix
This is a strange problem that only seems to happen on Windows 10. I have a Dell Venue 8 Pro, which shipped with Windows 8 (it may have been 8.1, can't remember)
Well, the problem with it is that it only has a 32GB on-board flash...
Hi all. What's the story behind IE 11 showing as Chrome 39?
Whether or not I change to flags in IE 11, per this article, I notice that IE 11 is seen as being Chrome. Any news about why?
I have another Win 8.1 laptop with IE11,...