1. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home x64
       26 Sep 2016 #1

    No Mult-Touch Gestures On Touchpad


    After installing a new motherboard on my Lenovo Y50-70 Touch with Windows 10 Home x64, Windows has decided that my Synaptics touchpad is an Elan touchpad and installed the drivers for it. This stopped all multi-touch gestures but most importantly two-finger scrolling from working. The Elan Control Center is installed and shows that they're enabled but they still don't work.

    I've tried to install the Synaptics drivers but they never successfully get applied. The bundled drivers from the Lenovo website also think I have an Elan touchpad and install the drivers for it, again though the mult-touch gestures don't work. The generic drivers from Synaptics don't work either.

    It's driving me up the wall having to use the keyboard or dragging the pointer over to the scrollbar every time I want to scroll up or down.

    I need some help trying to get this fixed. Thanks.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home x64
       28 Sep 2016 #2

    Bump
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 12
    Windows 10 Home
       29 Sep 2016 #3

    Do this in safe mode-
    First download this driver-http://support.lenovo.com/in/en/downloads/ds103716
    Then uninstall the elantech driver from 'uninstall a program'. This may freeze your touch pad.
    Now install the driver you downloaded with keyboard or external usb mouse.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home x64
       29 Sep 2016 #4

    Beowulf1 said: View Post
    Do this in safe mode-
    First download this driver-http://support.lenovo.com/in/en/downloads/ds103716
    Then uninstall the elantech driver from 'uninstall a program'. This may freeze your touch pad.
    Now install the driver you downloaded with keyboard or external usb mouse.
    Just tried that and unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2016
    S/E England
    Posts : 1,147
    10 Home x64 (1607), Pro x86 (1511 & 1607)
       29 Sep 2016 #5

    Try opening Device Manager and under 'Mice and other pointing devices' uninstall the Elan Touchpad. Hopefully the scan for hardware changes will correctly identify the Synaptics touchpad the second time round.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home x64
       29 Sep 2016 #6

    Bree said: View Post
    Try opening Device Manager and under 'Mice and other pointing devices' uninstall the Elan Touchpad. Hopefully the scan for hardware changes will correctly identify the Synaptics touchpad the second time round.
    I've tried that multiple times, unfortunately that doesn't work either.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home x64
       03 Oct 2016 #7

    Bump
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home x64
       31 Oct 2016 #8

    Bump again. This is driving me nuts, there's got to be someway to fix it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Dec 2013
    England
    Posts : 839
    Windows IP 15014Windows 14393.693
       01 Nov 2016 #9

    GT086 said: View Post
    Bump again. This is driving me nuts, there's got to be someway to fix it.
    Hi,
    Try this method(if you haven't done it already), uninstall Synaptics in Programs and features, uninstall the drivers for synaptics in Device manager, shut down the laptop. Go to BIOS ( with the small button or whichever method you use), select F9 to load defaults, then save the settings by F10 and exit. Download the driver from Lenovo Support and try installing the driver.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Sep 2016
    Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Home x64
       02 Nov 2016 #10

    brummyfan said: View Post
    Hi,
    Try this method(if you haven't done it already), uninstall Synaptics in Programs and features, uninstall the drivers for synaptics in Device manager, shut down the laptop. Go to BIOS ( with the small button or whichever method you use), select F9 to load defaults, then save the settings by F10 and exit. Download the driver from Lenovo Support and try installing the driver.
    That worked, thank you. Unfortunately right after I fixed this, another piece broke on this piece of shit laptop. The plastic that holds the monitor assembly to the hinges attached to the case snapped. The metal hinge is stuck in the closed position and the entire monitor assembly is hanging on by the other side which. I will never buy another Lenovo laptop ever.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Adding/Changing Gestures/Shortcuts for Touchpad Controls?
84558 That menu and the one below it are basically what I want to change or add to. I have absolutely no need for opening Cortana on the fly and I doubt I'll rarely find a use for needing to open the action center menu very quickly either. There...
Drivers and Hardware
Touch Gestures for Windows 10
List of Touch Gestures for Windows 10 You can get around Windows faster with touchscreen or touchpad gestures. A touch gesture is the physical act or motion performed on a touch screen by your finger. This tutorial will provide you with a list...
Tutorials
Disable touch gestures?
Hi, I recently bought a convertible laptop-tablet. I noticed that there are some gestures implemented in W10. I want to disable one of the, when you swipe from the left in the screen and the task view comes up. Is that possible? Thanks.
General Support
Windows 10 will include new touch gestures
Read more: Windows 10 will include new touch gestures for precision touchpads and touchscreens | Windows Central See also: Touch Gestures for Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:50.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums