Windows 10: Windows 10 v1607: Logitech TRB-22 Wireless Trackman Problems...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1.    27 Aug 2016 #1

    Windows 10 v1607: Logitech TRB-22 Wireless Trackman Problems...


    It appears that my recent update to W10 v1607 has screwed up my Logitech trackman (arguably the best mouse ever made, but stupidly discontinued by Logitech.) Every time I boot up or restart from Sleep, I have to press the trackman's reset button. Otherwise, there is no cursor. Furthermore, although I get the cursor working, if I stop using the mouse for a short time while typing text, the cursor freezes and I have to push the reset again to get things working. I believe that this malfunction is related to v1607 and has adversely effected other devices (eg, cams) as is now being reported in various forums. Any suggestions on how to handle this issue?

    Until Microsoft fixes this issue, perhaps it would be best to roll back the 1607 update to the previous version of W10 that was on my computer? But, I'm a little shaky about doing this. Can it be done easily without causing further problems, and how?
    Last edited by flycaster; 27 Aug 2016 at 08:19.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    27 Aug 2016 #2

    After the 10 update....have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling software/driver package for that mouse?

    Cordless Optical TrackMan - Logitech Support
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    27 Aug 2016 #3

    Plankton said: View Post
    After the 10 update....have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling software/driver package for that mouse?
    Cordless Optical TrackMan - Logitech Support
    Did the uninstall and the reinstall (V. 6.67.83,) and now when Setpoint is opened, it doesn't show the screens that allow for the TRB-22 to be programed. In fact, it doesn't show any mouse controls...just the Tools tab. I have tried downloading from several sources, but all to no avail as the programs only opened up with the Tools tab and nothing about TRB-22 settings???
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Aug 2016 #4

    flycaster said: View Post
    Did the uninstall and the reinstall (V. 6.67.83,) and now when Setpoint is opened, it doesn't show the screens that allow for the TRB-22 to be programed. In fact, it doesn't show any mouse controls...just the Tools tab. I have tried downloading from several sources, but all to no avail as the programs only opened up with the Tools tab and nothing about TRB-22 settings???

    From what I heard MS should be sending out a fix for all those types of issue's sometime in Sept. Just don't know when in Sept.
    I think Logitech should be sending out a fix for THEIR software.....but guess not.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    27 Aug 2016 #5

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    From what I heard MS should be sending out a fix for all those types of issue's sometime in Sept. Just don't know when in Sept.
    I think Logitech should be sending out a fix for THEIR software.....but guess not.
    Can't wait for the fix, as I can't stand using a "regular" mouse. I guess it would be better to wait rather than rolling back to a previous W10 version???
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    27 Aug 2016 #6

    flycaster said: View Post
    Can't wait for the fix, as I can't stand using a "regular" mouse. I guess it would be better to wait rather than rolling back to a previous W10 version???
    Thats up to you, but I would wait if it was me. That AU messed up my logitech Web Cam software, but any other software can use my web cam just fine.....just not Logitech's OWN software.

    BTY My logitech wireless keyboard and mouse software have no problems .....but don't think we use the same version's
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    27 Aug 2016 #7

    @flycaster
    Here is a screenshot of my logitech setpoint.....maybe it IS the same version as yours
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logitech11.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	98426
    This works just fine for me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    27 Aug 2016 #8

    2nd screenshot @flycaster
    Seems our mice do use the same software....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wirelessMouse.png 
Views:	1 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	98428
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    27 Aug 2016 #9

    Wonder if you are running your windows 10 with the latest updates installed??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latestWinVer.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	98430
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    27 Aug 2016 #10

    OldMike65 said: View Post
    Wonder if you are running your windows 10 with the latest updates installed??
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	latestWinVer.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	98430
    Yeah, 1607, and that is when I think the troubles started...as others have noted elsewhere. Everything I have dl'd and opened from Setpoint 6.67.83, it has failed to give me a My Muse tab. It only comes up with a Tools tab. I have tried dl'ing from difference sites and I have dl'd the Smart install and the full 64-bit install...all to no avail. BTW, no viruses or untoward elements have been detected on the computer.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Dear all, I have this issue that has been driving me nuts ever since I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro x64 to v1607 (from 1507) recently. It's a desktop PC with a trusty old Logitech MX518 plugged into a back panel USB 2.0 slot. Same symptom with or...
We have a new (albeit old) wireless printer (HP Color laserjet CP3525) with a wireless adapter card. Computers running Windows 7 or Windows 8 could see the network and connect. All computers could then print to the printer. None of our computers...
Hello, On my old PC running W7, I used it with a Logitech MK 300 wireless Keyboard and with atheir Wireless Mouse. Worked just fine. Would like to use them both with my new W10 PC. The Wireless Mouse works just fine. I cannot get the...
This is a wireless keyboard and mouse wirelessly connected via a Logitech USB unifying receiver. The mouse works fine, and strangely the hot keys on the keyboard (mail, calculator, sleep etc) work fine. However, after booting into W10 the normal...
Haven't found other threads dealing with this, but I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to get my wireless display adapter working properly in Win10 (worked great with my Surface Pro 3 with Win 8.1 - I'm on Win 10 build 9926 at the moment). ...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:22.
Find Us