Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
  1.    04 Dec 2016 #551
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Maine
    Posts : 40,173
    Windows10Pro 64Bit

    Quote Originally Posted by MPSAN View Post
    OK, I will do it. Samsung still has limited download! Had to get v5 elsewhere!
    Yup, lots of us did, think I used Major Geeks to get mine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    04 Dec 2016 #552
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 356
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by OldMike65 View Post
    Yup, lots of us did, think I used Major Geeks to get mine.
    Yup...me too!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    04 Dec 2016 #553
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Colorado
    Posts : 169
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit/vs.1709/16299.125

    It seems version 5 is using the Windows A/U driver and not Samsung's driver. The 4.9.7 version used Samsung's driver.
    The 950 Pro NVME is no longer designated as such, just as an NVM.
    That being said, performance check reveals slightly faster performance and no problems, so far.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 12 4 2016 Samsung Vs 5.0.PNG  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    08 Dec 2016 #554
    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    It seems version 5 is using the Windows A/U driver and not Samsung's driver. The 4.9.7 version used Samsung's driver.
    The 950 Pro NVME is no longer designated as such, just as an NVM.
    That being said, performance check reveals slightly faster performance and no problems, so far.
    I don't have the same driver as you...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	180.8 KB 
ID:	112828
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    08 Dec 2016 #555
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Colorado
    Posts : 169
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit/vs.1709/16299.125

    My apologies, I should have come back and updated my last post.

    The driver install is separate from the magician software. My driver install failed and then r/l took my attention elsewhere until now.

    The driver file is here: http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor...oad/tools.html
    After running the install again, my 950 is again recognized as NVME m.2. Driver version 2.0.1607, 10/10/2016
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Samsung 950 Pro NVME Driver.PNG  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    08 Dec 2016 #556
    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery View Post
    My apologies, I should have come back and updated my last post.

    The driver install is separate from the magician software. My driver install failed and then r/l took my attention elsewhere until now.

    The driver file is here: http://www.samsung.com/semiconductor...oad/tools.html
    After running the install again, my 950 is again recognized as NVME m.2. Driver version 2.0.1607, 10/10/2016
    Are you on Windows 10 ? Cause I have an older one ... And I don't understand because I have downloaded recentrly...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    08 Dec 2016 #557
    Join Date : Dec 2016
    Posts : 3
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by opitrice View Post
    Are you on Windows 10 ? Cause I have an older one ... And I don't understand because I have downloaded recentrly...
    OK nvm ahah!

    I have re-download the driver and now it's exacly the same as you. I had high latency with the "storport.sys". Both ISR and DPC. And now if I test with LatencyMon everything is gone !!!

    It's been about a week that i'm trying to figure out what is the problem. You just helped me a lot ahaha Tanks !
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    08 Dec 2016 #558
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Colorado
    Posts : 169
    Windows 10 pro 64 bit/vs.1709/16299.125

    Yes, info in my specs. Would help a lot if you could take the time to fill out your specs completely.
    My version is 1607 build 14393.447.
    Have you installed the anniversary update?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    09 Dec 2016 #559
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 36
    Windows 10 Pro x64-bit

    I upgraded Samsung Magician from 4.9.7 to 5.0.0 version and i note Windows performance a little bit faster.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-12-09 (1).png 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	112925
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    09 Dec 2016 #560
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 77
    Win 10 Pro 64x (1709)

    Quote Originally Posted by luarpc View Post
    I upgraded Samsung Magician from 4.9.7 to 5.0.0 version and i note Windows performance a little bit faster.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-12-09 (1).png 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	112925
    OK, so how does updating from ver 4.9 to 5.0 make Windows faster? It has nothing to do with how fast Windows speed is.
    Don't forget that this is Samsung software so it's probably been tweaked to show the best results in bench tests. Nothing to do with the OS what so ever.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Calling all Samsung owners
There seems to be an issue with a raft of different Samsung computer products being unable to install Win 10 TP. The issue is exactly the same for all being locked out after 3 seconds at the logo screen trying to install with either USB or DVD...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Samsung 850 Pro SSD Software Support for WIN 10
I have Win 10 (10240) installed and a new Samsung 850 Pro SSD to install. The current versions of the Samsung supplied software, Magician 4.6 (I downloaded this because the one supplied with the SSD wasn't the current one) and Data Migration 2.7...
Drivers and Hardware
RAPIDmode, Samsung SDD & Win10...how ?
I just installed a Samsung 850pro SSD in my Lenovo laptop & one of the features in its Magician 4.5 software is RAPIDmode . Sort of a ram caching frequently used I/O processes to add some quickness. Anyhow, it lists the requirements --...
Drivers and Hardware
Samsung NP-RV509-A0CIN Problem With 4 GB RAM
Recently I have purchased a HP 4 GB RAM DDR3 1333MHz for my Laptop Samsung NP-RV509-A0CIN. After installing this RAM into my laptop. My laptop show the 4 GB on system BIOS but it is not booting windows or anything just a black screen. So I...
Drivers and Hardware
Samsung Updates ?
Has anyone connected a Samsung phone to their Windows 10 computer. Friday I connected my Samsung Galaxy 3 phone to my computer to download some pictures to my computer. Since then I have received 5 updates for my phone and all of them say they were...
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:48.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums