I always wonder what stuff is or does so i understand , i have used Speccy quite a few times when someone has requested to know what computer i had and all the hardware etc... it's very detailed .
I like the portable version
I do not know if you've seen? But version 4.9 boosts even more Ssd
Last edited by Antec; 18 Nov 2015 at 22:43.
I had to remove it as it caused BS on loading.
Windows 10 x64 Pro (1511 build 10586.14)
Samsung Magician v4.9
(both the latest currently)
mobo: Asus X99 De Luxe with 32GB RAM
Sofar -no- changes to
nor did I set "Rapid Mode".
[OS Optimization] -> tab [Advanced]
1) Hibernation Mode: This option allows your computer to wake quickly from
hibernation mode. You should enable this on laptop PCs.
2) Virtual Memory : Manually set virtual memory in Windows Performance Options.
If your PC has more than 4 GB of RAM, Samsung recommends..
3) Indexing Service/Search: Enabling this ensures fast search results.
4) Prefetch/Superfetch: Deactivates features that SSDs do not use.
5) Write Cache Buffer: Must be enabled for better SSD performance.
6) Write-Cache Buffer Flushing: This feature helps protect against data loss in the event of a
sudden power failure.
7) Power Options: Use the shortcutto the right to open the Windows Power
Options dialog and manually optimize your PC for maximum...
8) System Restore: Use the shortcut to the risht to open the Windows System
Properties dialog and manually configure the System Restore...
Under RAPID mode (help) it says
RAPID (Real Time Acceleration Processing of I/O Data) Mode
RAPID mode increases the overall performance of your computer by pairing the
industry's fastest SSD with the most advanced storage management techniques to
deliver the fastest and most reliable user experience. RAPID mode analyzes your
application and data usage, dynamically optimizes the I/O for Samsung SSDs, and
eliminates system performance bottlenecks. RAPID mode is fully automated; no
user management is necessary.
- As for the 'Advanced Settings' : I think(!) the current settings are okay
(Hibernation Mode, Indexing Service/Search, Prefetch/Superfetch. Write Cache Buffer, Write-Cache Buffer are set to be 'active')
- Did anybody try the 'RAPID' mode and noticed improvement?
Only in the synthetic tests. There is some improvement in copying large files between two SSD drives. I used to do very high cue depths work at one time and enabling rapid definitely helped. Under normal use and gameplay, cannot see any difference. I can tell you this, it doesn't hurt. Just one person's opinion.
It definitely does not help boot times. In fact the rapid service only loads during the boot process and at best, would create a minuscule delay in the boot process.
I have experimented with " Rapid "and i leave it disabled on my machine , my machine is just as fast without it with an 850 Pro . I did all the Magician optimization and i have the latest firmware.