Asus camera shows black screen

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 28
    windows 10 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #11

    I will try to uninstall the camera
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 28
    windows 10 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #12

    Every time i uninstall it
    It installs itself
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 55
    Windows 10 Home, Version 1607 (Build 10.0.14393)
       #13

    The second link I provided for v10.0.10586.11183
    Download this one from one of the sources and run the setup program.
    However I cannot give any guarantees it will be successful.

    Cheers
    Tom
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 28
    windows 10 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #14

    Tom886 said:
    The second link I provided for v10.0.10586.11183
    Download this one from one of the sources and run the setup program.
    However I cannot give any guarantees it will be successful.

    Cheers
    Tom
    Thank for your time and your effort I will try to upgrade my windows
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 2,295
    Win10 202H
       #15

    There is a known issue with the Anniversary Update and webcams , M$ removed some Codecs , so you get a Black screen

    The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is breaking webcams | PCWorld

    see other links here on google

    AU webcam issue - Google Search
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 28
    windows 10 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #16

    Kbird said:
    There is a known issue with the Anniversary Update and webcams , M$ removed some Codecs , so you get a Black screen

    The Windows 10 Anniversary Update is breaking webcams | PCWorld

    see other links here on google

    AU webcam issue - Google Search
    the problem was there before even a new upgrade and stills where it is after a upgrade
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 28
    windows 10 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #17

    Tom886 said:
    The problem is, your PID is unknown.
    I am pretty sure that the driver is from Realtek, however as I wrote the PID is not known.
    Maybe worth a shot but you can try to install the driver from here Realtek PC Camera or try to download the latest driver v10.0.10586.11183

    Cheers
    Tom

    I saw solve on internet by installing legacy hardware but I don't know really which one to install
    Solved Asus Webcam Driver - Windows 10 Forums
    Do you know ?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 2,295
    Win10 202H
       #18

    karim said:
    I saw solve on internet by installing legacy hardware but I don't know really which one to install
    Solved Asus Webcam Driver - Windows 10 Forums
    Do you know ?
    Did you try the original driver that came with the Laptop from Asus Website , many Win7 drivers work in 10 too.
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 28
    windows 10 64bit
    Thread Starter
       #19

    Kbird said:
    Did you try the original driver that came with the Laptop from Asus Website , many Win7 drivers work in 10 too.
    There is no camera driver in Asus website
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 2,295
    Win10 202H
       #20

    karim said:
    There is no camera driver in Asus website
    Oh really , not sure I have seen that before....

    Did you try like in the other thread to use one already in Windows 10 ?


    I wanted to share my solution on ASUS U36SD:

    1.) Go in the device manager
    2.) Go on top menu "action" and then on "add Legacy hardware"
    3.) Go "next" and then on "select hardware manually..."
    4.) Choose "Imaging devices"
    5.) Just ignore the list and click "next" (in my case it was the Kyocera , 260ci... driver)
    6.) Be happy and have a working and rightly turned camera
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:00.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums