Page 88 of 154 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138 ... LastLast
  1.    28 Jul 2017 #871
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,465
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    No, since the one from WU installs via device manager and it will only show the Audio Manager in the start menu if it was already there. Are you saying you have the Audio Manager in both start menu and Control Panel? I have never seen the one in Control Panel in Creators Update, only Start Menu. It was on the Windows 10 update before Creators update.
    There was a Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel on mine even after clean install of CU. Most drivers install it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    29 Jul 2017 #872
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 983
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    There was a Realtek HD Audio Manager in Control Panel on mine even after clean install of CU. Most drivers install it.
    I don't do clean installs of CU so that's different. Deep down, my system came from a Windows 7 Home x64 that was upgraded. I just know TH2 still had the Control Panel in it but earlier in the thread in late 2015, you will see how I couldn't get the Audio Manager to show up as I used to use the setup.exe only version of drivers from the Realtek ftp and it basically required setup.exe, reboot, setup.exe will continue running but don't reboot and then just do the same driver folder using device manager. This is on a ASUS G74SX-3DE 17" Gaming Laptop so I can't just do clean installs as there are some drivers that only ships with the system that is not available for Windows 10 on it's own.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Jul 2017 #873
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,465
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    I don't do clean installs of CU so that's different. Deep down, my system came from a Windows 7 Home x64 that was upgraded. I just know TH2 still had the Control Panel in it but earlier in the thread in late 2015, you will see how I couldn't get the Audio Manager to show up as I used to use the setup.exe only version of drivers from the Realtek ftp and it basically required setup.exe, reboot, setup.exe will continue running but don't reboot and then just do the same driver folder using device manager. This is on a ASUS G74SX-3DE 17" Gaming Laptop so I can't just do clean installs as there are some drivers that only ships with the system that is not available for Windows 10 on it's own.
    Just about time when CU came out I upgraded computer a lot and clean installed CU. That was first install since upgrading from W7 and W8 over it. At that time although another codec chip was on it Realtec HD audio was in control panel. Few days ago I did clean install of newest Realtec drivers from their ftp and there was nothing in CP until I installed older driver and updated it from CAB. That's my last experience.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    30 Jul 2017 #874
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Posts : 70
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    R2.82 better or 8216??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    30 Jul 2017 #875
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 261
    Windows 10 64-bit

    Quote Originally Posted by khanmein View Post
    R2.82 better or 8216??
    For my ears, 8216.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 Jul 2017 #876
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Posts : 70
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by asturias7 View Post
    For my ears, 8216.
    Thanks, I tested & noticed 8216 bass is really crisper. Even though, my HD 558 bass is anemic.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    30 Jul 2017 #877
    Join Date : Aug 2016
    Posts : 70
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Just about time when CU came out I upgraded computer a lot and clean installed CU. That was first install since upgrading from W7 and W8 over it. At that time although another codec chip was on it Realtec HD audio was in control panel. Few days ago I did clean install of newest Realtec drivers from their ftp and there was nothing in CP until I installed older driver and updated it from CAB. That's my last experience.
    I had the same experience like yours. Hence, I tried to clean install 8186 (R2.82) & update 8216 from CAB. Guess what, Realtek HD Audio Manager still not exist in the Control Panel.

    Previously, I really saw appeared in the Start Menu & Control Panel (during clean OS) but seriously not a big deal at all.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    30 Jul 2017 #878
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    San Francisco, California USA
    Posts : 983
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Just about time when CU came out I upgraded computer a lot and clean installed CU. That was first install since upgrading from W7 and W8 over it. At that time although another codec chip was on it Realtec HD audio was in control panel. Few days ago I did clean install of newest Realtec drivers from their ftp and there was nothing in CP until I installed older driver and updated it from CAB. That's my last experience.
    Earlier in this thread after CU came out, talking about a month or so ago, I asked if people see the audio in the control panel and it seems only those who had it already continue to have it. Maybe RT removed the Audio in Control Panel in later versions of the driver as right now, 8036 with the setup.exe is what I needed to install to get the Realtek Audio back in the start menu before I upgraded on top with the Windows Update drivers so maybe something before 8036 (I think this was the same as R.281) would still do the Control Panel since it seems even Microsoft is trying to hide the control panel in CU as right click on start no longer has it like it did in TH2.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    30 Jul 2017 #879
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,465
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty1 View Post
    Earlier in this thread after CU came out, talking about a month or so ago, I asked if people see the audio in the control panel and it seems only those who had it already continue to have it. Maybe RT removed the Audio in Control Panel in later versions of the driver as right now, 8036 with the setup.exe is what I needed to install to get the Realtek Audio back in the start menu before I upgraded on top with the Windows Update drivers so maybe something before 8036 (I think this was the same as R.281) would still do the Control Panel since it seems even Microsoft is trying to hide the control panel in CU as right click on start no longer has it like it did in TH2.
    Who knows when they are changing drivers so often.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    30 Jul 2017 #880
    Join Date : Oct 2015
    Posts : 2,048
    Windows 10 Pro X64

    Hi,

    Never seen anything Realtek related in the startmenu. I do have RT Audio Manager in Control panel and the files for that are included in the .cab file.

    Cheers,
    Last edited by fdegrove; 31 Jul 2017 at 03:18.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 - will the new win 10 driver ...
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
Drivers and Hardware
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:47.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums