Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 1,534
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       11 May 2018 #861

    After looking at the help for the search pages, it's interesting to note that you can search by the first four parts of the Hardware ID.

    However, if I search for any of these:

    Code:
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_10EC0000&REV_1003\4&39376551&0&0201
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_10EC0000&REV_1003
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892&SUBSYS_10EC0000
    No results are found.

    If I reduce it to 3 parts, using
    Code:
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0892
    I finally get some hits - 628 of them.

    However, I've never seen Windows 10 refer to my RealTek audio as 'Audio Endpoint', which is what the drivers that installed with 1803 call it.

    I may have to try to force the old drivers on here, or else try to figure out why no legitimate RealTek drivers are installing on this (admittedly, well aged) machine.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    13 May 2018 #862

    I'm still using 6.0.1.8397.
    How do the 6.0.1.8419 drivers sound?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 451
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
       14 May 2018 #863

    No matter what driver I have installed.
    When I run Update Driver.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	update_audio_driver.PNG 
Views:	106 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	188734
    This is what windows tells me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	realtek_driver.PNG 
Views:	5 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	188735
    What's up with that and way would windows continually install and old audio driver onto my system?
    I'm a bit confused...
    I've manually installed quite a few driver, this past week and all of them have the same issue.
    Which I described in a previous posting (Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version - Page 230 - Windows 10 Forums) to this thread.
    As can be seen in the driver properties image above, that the current driver, which was installed by windows.
    Is not current or is old.
    I'm at a loss as to how I might fix my audio issues.
    If windows keeps reinstalling the same old driver.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    15 May 2018 #864

    Geosammy said: View Post
    No matter what driver I have installed.

    As can be seen in the driver properties image above, that the current driver, which was installed by windows.
    Is not current or is old.
    I'm at a loss as to how I might fix my audio issues.
    If windows keeps reinstalling the same old driver.
    Try downloading and then updating to this version and let us know if it works for you:
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...edda7b3f57.cab
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    15 May 2018 #865
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 451
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
       15 May 2018 #866

    QUOTE=asturias7;1372238]Try downloading and then updating to this version and let us know if it works for you:
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...edda7b3f57.cab[/QUOTE]
    khanmein said: View Post
    I guess I just have to keep installing one driver after another, until I find the correct one.
    Sounds like I'm stabbing in the dark here, installing all these drivers.
    This all seems very counter intuitive to me.

    If I need a part to fix my car.
    Do I just keep trying different parts, until I find the correct one?

    What's going on?
    If windows is telling me, that I already have the "best" driver installed.
    Why would it tell me, that there my be a better driver available?
    Wouldn't it just install the "Best, Bestest or Better" driver and be done with it?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    15 May 2018 #867

    Geosammy said: View Post
    If windows is telling me, that I already have the "best" driver installed.
    Why would it tell me, that there my be a better driver available?Wouldn't it just install the "Best, Bestest or Better" driver and be done with it?
    When manually attempting to install a driver, Windows will say the best driver is already installed when either the one being attempted is an actual older version; Or, if it is indeed a newer version, but it does not specifically support the hardware ID of the device (like being a more generic version). So your system probably prefers a manufacturer-specific driver.

    If you mean letting Windows itself attempt to find a newer version, well it almost never does and will say best already installed even when lots of newer versions exist on the MUC, since they almost never get pushed to the normal Windows Update or through device manager update checking.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 1,534
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       15 May 2018 #868

    He meant using the method posted to install drivers from the extracted .CAB files, using Dam's driver property page, update driver button --> select driver from disk.

    Which is the same situation I am in. I keep manually selecting the extracted .CAB files and Windows still insists it has the best driver installed.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 451
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.55)
       15 May 2018 #869

    IntelliMoo said: View Post
    When manually attempting to install a driver, Windows will say the best driver is already installed when either the one being attempted is an actual older version; Or, if it is indeed a newer version, but it does not specifically support the hardware ID of the device (like being a more generic version). So your system probably prefers a manufacturer-specific driver.

    If you mean letting Windows itself attempt to find a newer version, well it almost never does and will say best already installed even when lots of newer versions exist on the MUC, since they almost never get pushed to the normal Windows Update or through device manager update checking.
    johngalt said: View Post
    He meant using the method posted to install drivers from the extracted .CAB files, using Dam's driver property page, update driver button --> select driver from disk.

    Which is the same situation I am in. I keep manually selecting the extracted .CAB files and Windows still insists it has the best driver installed.
    This is most frustrating, to say the least.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gaah.gif 
Views:	59 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	188815
    I never had this issue with my old Dell Optiplex 745 mini tower.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. johngalt's Avatar
    Posts : 1,534
    WinX Pro x64 IP current
       15 May 2018 #870

    I never had this issue on Windows 10 (Insider Preview) build. But 1803 refuses to let me install any other driver.

    But soon I am going to be back on the latest shop ahead build, so for now I am leaving this driver on there.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05.
Find Us