Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    05 May 2018 #831

    Hi DaElderGod , I noticed quieter sound with win 10 64 1803 too, I have a Gibagyte x-370 Gaming 5 and, in the day after the lauch of 1803, Gibagyte lauch a new bios with "Improve Audio Compatibility" in description, but the sound still quieter. But this is the only problem, tried several drivers too and never had any problems with the software, any configuration or lack of bass or anything, just quieter. But seems that 8356, the latest one from Gibabyte site, gives me better sound, especially over 8419.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       05 May 2018 #832

    DaElderGod said: View Post
    Hello guys, been struggling for 4 hours straight with a problem. In the end I give up and will write it here

    Yesterday or so I've updated my windows 10 pro x64 to version 1803, and I noticed a difference at the audio level - everything was hearing quieter, more quieter than normal. I didn't think it was a thing, only today, when I opened my speakers (5.1) and wanted to listen to music, and noticed there is no god damn bass!!! Absolutely no bass, and 2-3 days ago I could "demolish" the whole block with the bass...

    Opened my MSI Live Update and saw there was an update for Realtek HD Audio Manager, downloaded and installed it (version 8382, it said it is the last version atm). Still no difference, no bass, everything quieter. Reinstalled the driver about 20 times by far, trying different versions - by far I tried R 2.82 from the realtek site, 8351, several times 8382, 8419 and tried to install 8433 as well, but didn't make it. None made a difference. Moreover, my realtek hd audio manager interface bugged, I can't modify settings and things...I cant hear anything now, the interface is bugged, it's blocked on 5.1, I cant change to stereo or 7.1 (wanted to add some extra 2 side speakers) and no sound comes out...

    Oh, an addition. I tried the microsoft version too, the one that auto installs after uninstalling realtek driver - it's just as quiet as the realtek, and no bass...so...any suggestion are appreciated

    My MOBO - MSI H97 PC Mate(MS-7850)
    EDIT: I FOUND THE GOD DAMN SOLUTION

    I entered MSI site, the manufacturer of my MOBO and downloaded the version that was uploaded on site - it was an old version 6.0.1.8010 - surprise, everything works, the sound is not quite and the bass is back! Thanks GOD!
    Even more, reinstalled Live Update, and performed an update to version 6.0.1.8382 - it works even better.
    Now someone explain me, where is the logic? Why had I to install 8010 to get rid of problems? And then update to 8382...wonder if anyone has an explanation
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    05 May 2018 #833

    DaElderGod said: View Post
    ...wonder if anyone has an explanation
    "It's Windows." :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. Geosammy's Avatar
    Posts : 479
    Win10 Home 64 bit, Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.134)
       05 May 2018 #834

    I've been having issues with the Realtek Audio Driver.
    When I play anything that contains audio.
    The audio mutes for a second and continues as normal.
    This sometimes happen 1-3 times, while listening to music or watching videos of any kind. From within my web browser or from my computer.
    I had to uninstall the Realtek Driver and switch to using Windows Audio Driver.
    Doing this has stopped the intermittent muting of all audio and video files or web content.

    This was happening well before Windows version 1803, and continued even after a clean installation of win version 1803.
    Have also use Windows Audio Troubleshooter, without any issues being found.
    I downloaded the the correct Realtek Audio Driver from my motherboard vendor.
    After doing a clean install of the "new" and correct driver. The intermittent muting issue continued.
    Seems as though the only solution, was to uninstall the Realtek Audio Driver and use the Windows driver.
    So far, I haven't experienced any intermittent muting issue, while using the Windows Audio Driver.
    I also needed to make sure, that Windows doesn't automatically download and install the Realtek Audio Driver.

    Could this be an issue with the Realtek Audio Driver, offered by my (Gigabyte) motherboard vendor?
    Should I look toward the Realtek website for the correct driver?
    Or I should just stick to using the Windows Audio Driver instead?
    Last edited by Geosammy; 05 May 2018 at 19:32.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       06 May 2018 #835

    Geosammy said: View Post
    I've been having issues with the Realtek Audio Driver.
    When I play anything that contains audio.
    The audio mutes for a second and continues as normal.
    This sometimes happen 1-3 times, while listening to music or watching videos of any kind. From within my web browser or from my computer.
    I had to uninstall the Realtek Driver and switch to using Windows Audio Driver.
    Doing this has stopped the intermittent muting of all audio and video files or web content.

    This was happening well before Windows version 1803, and continued even after a clean installation of win version 1803.
    Have also use Windows Audio Troubleshooter, without any issues being found.
    I downloaded the the correct Realtek Audio Driver from my motherboard vendor.
    After doing a clean install of the "new" and correct driver. The intermittent muting issue continued.
    Seems as though the only solution, was to uninstall the Realtek Audio Driver and use the Windows driver.
    So far, I haven't experienced any intermittent muting issue, while using the Windows Audio Driver.
    I also needed to make sure, that Windows doesn't automatically download and install the Realtek Audio Driver.

    Could this be an issue with the Realtek Audio Driver, offered by my (Gigabyte) motherboard vendor?
    Should I look toward the Realtek website for the correct driver?
    Or I should just stick to using the Windows Audio Driver instead?
    Windows Audio Driver is weak, at least that is what I observed..doesn't gigabyte offer an app like MSI does (MSI Live Update) where u can receive notifications about new updates for drivers/utilites?If u read my case, I only made it work by installing version that was uploaded on their site (6.0.1.8010) and then used MSI Live Update to install the "newest" one, as it was displayed inside the app - the 6.0.1.8382
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       07 May 2018 #836

    Hello!


    I would like to require some help regarding the new Windows 10 April update. I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Professional.


    I've always had issues with the built in Windows 10 surround sound since it never seemed to work no matter what I tried. Enabling it resulted in no sound difference. Thankfully my Realtek HD Audio driver had a virtual surround setting which worked fine until the 1803 update.


    Since then it wasn't working even when I reticked the box multiple times to reenable it. I've tried enabling and disabling Windows Sonic, but as usual, nothing changed. In the end I tried reinstalling the R2.82 driver to see if that fixes the issue, but that didn't help either.


    I've also tried updating the Realtek driver to the latest one found in this thread (version 6.0.1.8419) but I when I open the Realtek HD Audio audio manager and enable the Virtual Surround nothing changes, the sounds remain like when the Virtual Surround is disabled.

    Edit: I've tried installing the 6.0.1.8425 version from the beginning of this thread but with that driver installed the Virtual Surround setting is gone from the Realtek HD Audio audio manager.
    Last edited by lakatoslaci43; 07 May 2018 at 09:39. Reason: Noticed something
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    07 May 2018 #837

    lakatoslaci43 said: View Post
    Hello!


    I would like to require some help regarding the new Windows 10 April update. I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Professional.


    I've always had issues with the built in Windows 10 surround sound since it never seemed to work no matter what I tried. Enabling it resulted in no sound difference. Thankfully my Realtek HD Audio driver had a virtual surround setting which worked fine until the 1803 update.


    Since then it wasn't working even when I reticked the box multiple times to reenable it. I've tried enabling and disabling Windows Sonic, but as usual, nothing changed. In the end I tried reinstalling the R2.82 driver to see if that fixes the issue, but that didn't help either.


    I've also tried updating the Realtek driver to the latest one found in this thread (version 6.0.1.8419) but I when I open the Realtek HD Audio audio manager and enable the Virtual Surround nothing changes, the sounds remain like when the Virtual Surround is disabled.

    Edit: I've tried installing the 6.0.1.8425 version from the beginning of this thread but with that driver installed the Virtual Surround setting is gone from the Realtek HD Audio audio manager.
    Did you try updating to 6.01.8416 to see if everything works?
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...9cb305fae4.cab
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 10
    Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
       08 May 2018 #838

    asturias7 said: View Post
    Did you try updating to 6.01.8416 to see if everything works?
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...9cb305fae4.cab
    I had 6.01.8351 before I've updated. After the update I tried 6.0.1.8419 and 6.0.1.8425. I'm not sure how a "middle version" could solve my isue but I will give it a try later today.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    08 May 2018 #839

    6.01.8432 is out , today !
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 315
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       08 May 2018 #840

    Hi Brink.

    There's now a "full-fledged" version of the 6.0.1.8425 driver from MS Update Catalog that is 140.6Mb in size (for Win10 x64 only). for some users, here's the direct link from MS to get this 8425 driver.

    personally, I'll stay away from updating to the 1803 release of Win10 until Realtek gets any of their drivers to v8450 something or better. still some sound issues to work out for some systems until more new cumulative updates for v1803 come out.

    pietcorus2 said: View Post
    6.01.8432 is out , today !
    8432 does not exist but 8433 does.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:21.
Find Us