Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    11 Jul 2017 #751

    Hi,

    Same here @larc919 but you can safely ignore that message if you'd like. It does no harm whatsoever, the new audio drivers are ready to be used anyway.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    11 Jul 2017 #752

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,

    Same here @larc919 but you can safely ignore that message if you'd like. It does no harm whatsoever, the new audio drivers are ready to be used anyway.
    Thanks. That's what I've been doing with no ill effects, but good to know it's safe.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 3,865
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       11 Jul 2017 #753

    The more I use the build 8205 drivers the more I like them. They sound a lot more analogue than previous releases :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    12 Jul 2017 #754

    Hi,

    So they added some even order harmonic distortion then ??

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 3,865
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       12 Jul 2017 #755

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,

    So they added some even order harmonic distortion then ??

    Cheers,

    That brings back memories of old VOX aC30 amps :)
    More likely they've just rolled off the top end slightly to get rid of over splashy cymbals etc. whatever, 8205 sounds a good build to me. Have you tried them out yet fdegrove ? if so what is your opinion of the latest build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    12 Jul 2017 #756

    Hi,
    @DooGie: Tongue firmly in cheek that was, of course.

    Yes, I did test these a little and I do agree. This is a good build, LOL.


    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    12 Jul 2017 #757

    Just tried them by watching Shyamalan's 'Split'
    They sound excellent to me... Volume levels seem back to normal.... Seperation of various sounds for surround experience is lot improved.
    Moreover experiencing more depth in bass & more balanced highs
    Definitely a good improvement
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,865
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       12 Jul 2017 #758

    sreekantt said: View Post
    Just tried them by watching Shyamalan's 'Split'
    They sound excellent to me... Volume levels seem back to normal.... Seperation of various sounds for surround experience is lot improved.
    Moreover experiencing more depth in bass & more balanced highs
    Definitely a good improvement
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  • Posts : 3,865
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       12 Jul 2017 #759

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,
    @DooGie: Tongue firmly in cheek that was, of course.

    Yes, I did test these a little and I do agree. This is a good build, LOL.


    Cheers,

    Yes I realised it was tongue in cheek, I just liked it because it did bring back memories of when I had a VOX AC30 guitar amp and on those VOX pushed the theory that they were using even order harmonic distortion to give the amp it's unique sound :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    12 Jul 2017 #760

    Hi,

    Sure guitar amps are all about distortion, nasty distortion too. Yet the VOX was quite unique, a very special amp.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
    Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
    New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
    My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15.
    Find Us