Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    27 Jun 2017 #701

    asturias7 said: View Post
    You know, I wanted to tell you earlier that I have no idea how Realtek will top 8176 in terms of sound quality. For me, it's the best I've heard so far. I won't update now since you're usually pretty reliable in terms of your input.
    Well, I've been using 8176 for a couple of weeks, and just put on 8192. Hell if I can tell any real difference, maybe I'm just not good at that. lol But my stuff still sounds good (subjectively, I guess) and at the same settings I seem to have gotten decent bass back with 8192 that was lacking a bit in 8176. So I dunno, mileage and ears may vary. :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 3,758
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       27 Jun 2017 #702

    IntelliMoo said: View Post
    Well, I've been using 8176 for a couple of weeks, and just put on 8192. Hell if I can tell any real difference, maybe I'm just not good at that. lol But my stuff still sounds good (subjectively, I guess) and at the same settings I seem to have gotten decent bass back with 8192 that was lacking a bit in 8176. So I dunno, mileage and ears may vary. :)
    I think you are pretty much correct there. The bass is deeper but still defined using 8192 however I think higher end detail isn't quite as good as 8176. Still it's no use treating Realtek soundchips as Hi-Fi because they aren't, it's the compromise you get when listening to music on the PC :)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    27 Jun 2017 #703

    I like the latest update. Sounds fine to me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    27 Jun 2017 #704

    New creative sound card is coming out soon. I don't know if I should upgrade or stick with onboard audio. I do listen to a lot of music on my PC.
    Sound Cards... ARE THEY BACK?! Meet the AE-5 - YouTube
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    27 Jun 2017 #705

    reddice said: View Post
    New creative sound card is coming out soon. I don't know if I should upgrade or stick with onboard audio. I do listen to a lot of music on my PC.
    Sound Cards... ARE THEY BACK?! Meet the AE-5 - YouTube
    Over-rated piece of junk that included molex.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    28 Jun 2017 #706

    khanmein said: View Post
    Over-rated piece of junk that included molex.
    Thanks. I won't bother then.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,039
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       28 Jun 2017 #707

    reddice said: View Post
    New creative sound card is coming out soon. I don't know if I should upgrade or stick with onboard audio. I do listen to a lot of music on my PC.
    Sound Cards... ARE THEY BACK?! Meet the AE-5 - YouTube
    Unless they make one that has a External Box like the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    28 Jun 2017 #708

    I was utterly perplexed when I saw the molex connector, how many enthusiasts are likely to have these any more.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    28 Jun 2017 #709

    swarfega said: View Post
    I was utterly perplexed when I saw the molex connector, how many enthusiasts are likely to have these any more.
    4 of them on my 2 year old modular PSU but no use for them so they are not plugged in.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  •    28 Jun 2017 #710

    I decided to go back to the default MS drivers which also sound great. The realtek constant working then breaking something just to work again then break reminds me of when I use to use dd-wrt on my router. Enough with the freaking updates every few days.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
    Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
    New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
    My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    © Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:22.
    Find Us