Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    24 Mar 2017 #301

    panni said: View Post
    Hey,

    I've registered to maybe give some other users with the same problem as me a solution:

    My sound card is an ALC889 on a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 and I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
    The default Windows drivers work, but lack features and advanced volume control. When I install the official Realtek drivers from their homepage, or the newest CAB files in this thread, I can't use WMP or Foobar2000 to play on the device. It always gives me the "Wrong parameter" error (0x80070057). WMP just says it can't play the file (a simple mp3 file).

    The *only* way I was able to use the official drivers is by downloading the 6.0.1.8085 non-SST drivers.

    Now everything works flawlessly.
    I would think the latest update would work for you? It's non-SST:
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/...89c4233688.cab
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro
       24 Mar 2017 #302

    I tried that, it didn't work. Threw the same error as the official driver from the Realtek website.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    24 Mar 2017 #303

    panni said: View Post
    I tried that, it didn't work. Threw the same error as the official driver from the Realtek website.
    Hmmm, seems strange to me. Did you ever try running the System File Checker? Could be something is corrupt on your system. I've personally never had such problems with any of the updates. All audio files work fine for me.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro
       24 Mar 2017 #304

    Yep, just ran sfc /scannow again - all fine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    25 Mar 2017 #305

    panni said: View Post
    Hey,

    I've registered to maybe give some other users with the same problem as me a solution:

    My sound card is an ALC889 on a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 and I'm using Windows 10 Pro.
    The default Windows drivers work, but lack features and advanced volume control. When I install the official Realtek drivers from their homepage, or the newest CAB files in this thread, I can't use WMP or Foobar2000 to play on the device. It always gives me the "Wrong parameter" error (0x80070057). WMP just says it can't play the file (a simple mp3 file).

    The *only* way I was able to use the official drivers is by downloading the 6.0.1.8085 non-SST drivers.

    Now everything works flawlessly.
    Since you are fellow Gigabyte user of about same generation of MB (mine is AMD though), could you please put up a picture of Realtek HD Audio Manager to compare with mine. It's devoid of most advanced functions here. My CODEC chip is also 889.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	126585
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails realtek CP.jpg  
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 Pro
       25 Mar 2017 #306

    Sure, here you go:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rtl.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	126648
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    25 Mar 2017 #307

    panni said: View Post
    Sure, here you go:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rtl.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	118.5 KB 
ID:	126648
    Tnx. at least I'm not alone. Realtek doesn't like Gigabyte !!! They give us worst looking panel without many choices. If you look at previous posts you can see how much better it is on MSI, Acer and Asus.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 4,081
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       25 Mar 2017 #308

    Here's the MSI one.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	msi.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	126657
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    25 Mar 2017 #309

    Guess I'll show what my ASUS looks like then....LoL
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASUSSound.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	126666
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    25 Mar 2017 #310

    Just you wait guys, my next MB (with Ryzen) will have SB instead. Most probably Acer.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:16.
Find Us