Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version


  1. Posts : 2,105
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       2 Weeks Ago #2871

    Siegfriedm said: View Post
    Hello guys. Is the 6.0.1.8186 the latest EXE file version? I prefer to install exe file.
    I remember a few months ago, there was a guy always posted new EXE version to download with a password.
    Yes I used to post those. They were downloaded from the Realtek ftp servers which you needed to login with a password. Unfortunately the username and password for the server has been changed by Realtek and we are no longer allowed to access it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    2 Weeks Ago #2872

    DooGie said: View Post
    Yes I used to post those. They were downloaded from the Realtek ftp servers which you needed to login with a password. Unfortunately the username and password for the server has been changed by Realtek and we are no longer allowed to access it.
    This the one ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	147770
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2,105
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       2 Weeks Ago #2873

    CountMike said: View Post
    This the one ?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	147770
    No Mike that's their everyday public website. If you rember a number of months ago I'd post a link plus username and password which gave a direct download link to the .zip file which contained all the installation files files including the install.exe.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    2 Weeks Ago #2874

    BugMeister said: View Post
    I am having the "Missing User Interface" problem..
    gave up messing with it - couldn't do via CAB,
    so I just deleted it completely and re-installed my ancient driver from my mobo disk
    at least I've got the interface back..

    - am I to assume that Windows10 update will auto-install the latest driver..??

    I do believe that the interface is gone in all new builds, as i had the same issue and had to move back to a factory i then updated to the new one with the cab file and it was back, but what i did discover is all the sounds and equalizer were there, but just in the windows sound effect area when you clicked the volume icon and clicked into it and went to enhancements, they were listed, so if i would have seen that at the time i would just stayed with what i got from them. i found this out later on a laptop that did the same thing. I think realtek is moving a way from it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 919
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       2 Weeks Ago #2875

    DooGie, have a question. Was looking at older posts in the thread the other day, specifically in posts #225 and #226, what was meant by installing drivers via device manager is okay but it doesn't include tools and codecs? Since I thought it basically installed everything except the Start Menu based Realtek HD Audio Manager shortcut (.lnk) which seems to only be done with the setup.exe file while the Control Panel Realtek HD Audio Manager is installed both via the Device Manager and the setup.exe methods. Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 919
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       2 Weeks Ago #2876

    Tonyb said: View Post
    I do believe that the interface is gone in all new builds, as i had the same issue and had to move back to a factory i then updated to the new one with the cab file and it was back, but what i did discover is all the sounds and equalizer were there, but just in the windows sound effect area when you clicked the volume icon and clicked into it and went to enhancements, they were listed, so if i would have seen that at the time i would just stayed with what i got from them. i found this out later on a laptop that did the same thing. I think realtek is moving a way from it.
    Is the interface basically Realtek HD Audio Manager? If so, see my post #2864, it's not gone, just hidden in the registry.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 5
    Win10 x64 1703 (15063.502)
       2 Weeks Ago #2877

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    So basically if you install and there is no Realtek HD Audio Manager in the Start Menu under Realtek, then your installation wasn't installed correctly. The Control Panel might just be hidden which the installer will never fix on it's own as I am sure it only handles installing and uninstalling the icon but not the hiding/unhiding part which is in another registry key as mentioned above.
    Installed correctly. its problem in driver 8186, other version its ok. But in this drivers from WU and station-drivers dont have DTS UltraPC 2 service.
    Almighty1 said: View Post
    enabling it by clicking on the "i" on the lower right of HD Audio Manager right above the "OK" button and click on "Display icon in notification area".
    Can be done differently, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\General and ShowTrayIcon change 0 to 1 and reboot.
    As you can see its parameter for RtkNGUI64, so Realtek HD Audio Manager its RtkNGUI64.exe not RAVCpl64.exe.
    Yes, after install 8186 i see in
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load RTSnMg64.cpl (in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Control Panel\don't load did not have RTSnMg64.cpl) and in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\General ShowTrayIcon=0. After deleted RTSnMg64.cpl in "don't load" and set ShowTrayIcon=1 anyway dont show in Control Panel, Realtek HD Audio Manager dont start.
    Here post few people who install 8186, they have too this problem.
    I stopped at 8224 and manually installed dts service for DTS UltraPC 2 from 8186. Sry for my English.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    2 Weeks Ago #2878

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Is the interface basically Realtek HD Audio Manager? If so, see my post #2864, it's not gone, just hidden in the registry.

    Its not really its more like the integrated it with MS stuff all the sound enhancements are there and so forth, something i have not seen before really, as on my windows 10 pc they are not there they are in the realtek area, but on my other laptop the realtek manager is gone and they are in that area . so pretty wild really.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,105
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       2 Weeks Ago #2879

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    DooGie, have a question. Was looking at older posts in the thread the other day, specifically in posts #225 and #226, what was meant by installing drivers via device manager is okay but it doesn't include tools and codecs? Since I thought it basically installed everything except the Start Menu based Realtek HD Audio Manager shortcut (.lnk) which seems to only be done with the setup.exe file while the Control Panel Realtek HD Audio Manager is installed both via the Device Manager and the setup.exe methods. Thanks!
    That was a long time ago and I'm not quite sure what I was trying to say having read the post again. The post doesn't make much sense.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    2 Weeks Ago #2880

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Glad to hear you got it working, can you share exactly what you did and do you actually have a Audio Manager in the control panel or just the start menu? The one in system tray is shown or not shown based on if you can run it from Control Panel and/or Start Menu or in other words, you have to open Realtek HD Audio Manager first and then enabling it by clicking on the "i" on the lower right of HD Audio Manager right above the "OK" button and click on "Display icon in notification area" as the later will toggle the icon from showing or not which should be instant as soon as you click on it.

    I can confirm I have the icon in tray AND in Control Panel. I do not see it on Start Menu, even if I type any combination of Realtek, Audio, Manager, HD Audio, Sound Manager, etc.

    I don't really care much for it in start menu, only wanted it in tray.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58.
Find Us