Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    09 May 2017 #2441

    Hi,

    Brink said: View Post
    Not yet on MUC for me.
    I don't think it will. It's a version with a setup/install routine and x64 only.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    09 May 2017 #2442

    OK, I downloaded 8142 and noticed a slight improvement over 8135. Don't know about others.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 2,318
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1703
       10 May 2017 #2443

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    I don't think it will. It's a version with a setup/install routine and x64 only.

    Cheers,

    I dunno, there have been quite a few Realtek HD Audio .cab files on the MUC that have been x64 only. Also the existence of a setup.exe doesn't mean there will not be a .cab version of it. I've had several .cab files that contained a setup.exe, all the versions on the MUC also contain a setup/install routine if you download them from Realtek.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 2,318
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1703
       10 May 2017 #2444

    asturias7 said: View Post
    OK, I downloaded 8142 and noticed a slight improvement over 8135. Don't know about others.
    @asturias7 I'm still trying to figure out whether it's an improvement or not. Definitely a smoother sound but seem to have lost some punchiness in the bass. I'll stick with them for now though


    UPDATE

    After listening for around four hours I agree with you they are better drivers by a small margin
    Last edited by DooGie; 10 May 2017 at 15:51.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    10 May 2017 #2445

    Hi @DooGie,

    DooGie said: View Post
    I dunno, there have been quite a few Realtek HD Audio .cab files on the MUC that have been x64 only. Also the existence of a setup.exe doesn't mean there will not be a .cab version of it. I've had several .cab files that contained a setup.exe, all the versions on the MUC also contain a setup/install routine if you download them from Realtek.
    Of course you can build a cab file of anything if you want to. Personally I can't remember ever downloading a RT package from MUC that contained a setup routine but if you say so I'll gladly take your word for it.

    Either way, I quite like version 8147. Culled it from that "other" site you may well know about.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 2,318
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1703
       10 May 2017 #2446

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi @DooGie,



    Of course you can build a cab file of anything if you want to. Personally I can't remember ever downloading a RT package from MUC that contained a setup routine but if you say so I'll gladly take your word for it.

    Either way, I quite like version 8147. Culled it from that "other" site you may well know about.

    Cheers,
    I'll give it a try mate
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 15
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       10 May 2017 #2447

    Version 8147 is on Softpedia and it looks like it is both 32 and 64 bit version. Give it a try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    10 May 2017 #2448

    js1 said: View Post
    Version 8147 is on Softpedia and it looks like it is both 32 and 64 bit version. Give it a try.
    I saw that, but there is also a v8149 (WHQL) now from Realtek.
    I have it, but given the rules here, I can't share it.
    It could well be that this version eventually shows up on WUC... don't know.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,318
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1703
       11 May 2017 #2449

    @Brink Realtek HD Audio driver version 6.0.1.8147 is now available from the MUC. Windows 64-bit only

    Microsoft Update Catalog
    Last edited by DooGie; 11 May 2017 at 09:16.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    11 May 2017 #2450

    DooGie said: View Post
    Realtek HD Audio driver version 6.0.1.8147 is now available from the MUC. Windows 64-bit only

    Microsoft Update Catalog
    srsly realtek ??
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:32.
Find Us