Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version


  1. Posts : 68
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 14393.1066 (RS1)
       21 Mar 2017 #2191

    CountMike said: View Post
    Did you try marking that Equalizzazione Volume ? You have there many options I don't have.
    sure tried that too, nothing changed...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 119
    Microsoft Windows 10 x64
       21 Mar 2017 #2192

    version 6.0.1.8090 installed / OK
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    21 Mar 2017 #2193

    brainvision said: View Post
    sure tried that too, nothing changed...
    That happened to me once a couple of years ago. What worked for me was first to download a version from Realtek's website, then updating that with the latest one from Microsoft Catalog. The Realtek website version is an .exe file, then you can update that with the latest from MC via Device Manager.

    So I would replace what you have now with the version from Realtek's website... in your case choose the 64-bit option in blue (then click on Global): Realtek

    Follow all the instructions to install the version. Then change the equalizer setting as you wish and see if it works. If it does, then your problem is solved. I would save those settings and restart your PC one more time to make sure. If all is good, now you can update with the latest ones via Microsoft Catalog (via Device Manager).

    Let me know if it works for you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    21 Mar 2017 #2194

    v6.0.1.8090 is now available for 32-bit systems, and non-SST drivers are also available:
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....x?q=6.0.1.8090
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2,318
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1703
       21 Mar 2017 #2195

    The Microsoft Update Catalog is getting somewhat confusing regarding Realtek HD Audio Drivers. The latest release build 8090 is now showing as 6 different entries, 4 64-bit and 2 32-bit. These are defined by Windows 10 pre AU and post AU.
    The thing that confuses me is why are there 4 entries for 64-bit. http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....x?q=6.0.1.8090
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    21 Mar 2017 #2196

    DooGie said: View Post
    The Microsoft Update Catalog is getting somewhat confusing regarding Realtek HD Audio Drivers. The latest release build 8090 is now showing as 6 different entries, 4 64-bit and 2 32-bit. These are defined by Windows 10 pre AU and post AU.
    The thing that confuses me is why are there 4 entries for 64-bit. http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....x?q=6.0.1.8090
    If you look closely, some have (SST) in Driver Model description, while others don't.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 03-21-17 at 08.41 PM.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	126140

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 03-21-17 at 08.41 PM 001.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	126139
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 68
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home (x64) Build 14393.1066 (RS1)
       22 Mar 2017 #2197

    asturias7 said: View Post
    That happened to me once a couple of years ago. What worked for me was first to download a version from Realtek's website, then updating that with the latest one from Microsoft Catalog. The Realtek website version is an .exe file, then you can update that with the latest from MC via Device Manager.
    So I would replace what you have now with the version from Realtek's website... in your case choose the 64-bit option in blue (then click on Global): Realtek
    Follow all the instructions to install the version. Then change the equalizer setting as you wish and see if it works. If it does, then your problem is solved. I would save those settings and restart your PC one more time to make sure. If all is good, now you can update with the latest ones via Microsoft Catalog (via Device Manager).
    Let me know if it works for you.
    wow, you rock mate! that worked!

    actually I just installed the 2.81 drivers from realtek official site, they're from january 2017, so not old at all.. they work, as said, thanks, but do you think it's really necessary to install the cab ones? Why they're not available from realtek site?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    22 Mar 2017 #2198

    brainvision said: View Post
    wow, you rock mate! that worked!

    actually I just installed the 2.81 drivers from realtek official site, they're from january 2017, so not old at all.. they work, as said, thanks, but do you think it's really necessary to install the cab ones? Why they're not available from realtek site?
    Thanks, I'm glad it worked for you.
    I personally update via the cab files on MC since they usually provide minor improvements to sound. I think Realtek only provides major updates on their website.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 23,704
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter
       22 Mar 2017 #2199

    asturias7 said: View Post
    v6.0.1.8090 is now available for 32-bit systems, and non-SST drivers are also available:
    http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....x?q=6.0.1.8090
    Thank you. First post updated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 2,318
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1703
       22 Mar 2017 #2200

    asturias7 said: View Post
    If you look closely, some have (SST) in Driver Model description, while others don't.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 03-21-17 at 08.41 PM.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	126140

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 03-21-17 at 08.41 PM 001.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	126139

    Thank ypu asturias7
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:33.
Find Us