Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version


  1. Posts : 2,105
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       24 Feb 2017 #2141

    Two new versions of the Realtek HD drivers have appeared on the Microsoft Update Catalog today, both are 64-bit only.

    6.0.1.8069 http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....x?q=6.0.1.8069

    6.0.1.8073 http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=6.0.1.8073


    Last edited by DooGie; 06 Mar 2017 at 15:36.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 22,932
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16257
    Thread Starter
       24 Feb 2017 #2142

    Thank you DooGie. First post updated.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 136
    Windows 7 Home Premium x64
       24 Feb 2017 #2143

    magixdevil said: View Post
    hello everyone, I wanted to ask what the most updated driver I can install on my operating system, I have a asrock Z87 Pro 4 and the drivers that are provided by asrock are Realtek high definition audio driver version: 7560. Can I get better? what exactly?Thanks in advance
    ASRock has v8004 drivers, magixdevil (for ASRock Fatal1ty B250 Gaming motherboards, but may also work for your Z87 board)
    ASRock mirror sites (site1) (site2) (site3)

    Also, MSI has recently updated the Realtek audio driver package to v8059 [for those using MSI specific laptops or motherboards]
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       24 Feb 2017 #2144

    Realtek update 6.0.1.8073 is for Windows Anniversary Update 64 bit only on MUC.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2,105
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       24 Feb 2017 #2145

    js1 said: View Post
    Realtek update 6.0.1.8073 is for Windows Anniversary Update 64 bit only on MUC.
    Yes, that's correct. If other builds of 6.0.1.8073 don't appear over the next few days I can only assume that rthis is purely a bug fix release that applies only to Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
    Last edited by DooGie; 24 Feb 2017 at 16:01.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    24 Feb 2017 #2146

    DooGie said: View Post
    Two new versions of the Realtek HD drivers have appeared on the Microsoft Update Catalog today, both are 64-bit only.

    6.0.1.8069 http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....x?q=6.0.1.8069

    6.0.1.8073 http://www.catalog.update.microsoft....x?q=6.0.1.8073
    Thank you, as always, DooGie.
    Just updated to 8069 now.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 2,105
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       24 Feb 2017 #2147

    asturias7 said: View Post
    Thank you, as always, DooGie.
    Just updated to 8069 now.
    Thank you asturias7.
    I think both versions work and sound fine but I have a slight preference for 8073. Hardly anything in it though
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    24 Feb 2017 #2148

    DooGie said: View Post
    Thank you asturias7.
    I think both versions work and sound fine but I have a slight preference for 8073. Hardly anything in it though
    I've been keeping my audio driver up-to-date with the latest versions of these from the MUC for the last year or so, but I've never been able to hear any difference or notice any software additions or improvements. Really not sure why Realtek releases updates so frequently and what the changelog is.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 2,105
    Wndows 10 x64 Home Build 15063.540
       24 Feb 2017 #2149

    TeeJay3800 said: View Post
    I've been keeping my audio driver up-to-date with the latest versions of these from the MUC for the last year or so, but I've never been able to hear any difference or notice any software additions or improvements. Really not sure why Realtek releases updates so frequently and what the changelog is.
    Hi TeeJay. I think all of us here would love to see a changelog published with the releases. However I've never seen one from Realtek so unfortunately it's a case of suck it and see
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    24 Feb 2017 #2150

    DooGie said: View Post
    Thank you asturias7.
    I think both versions work and sound fine but I have a slight preference for 8073. Hardly anything in it though

    I tried 8073 and I agree with you. Slightly better, but better than 8069.
    Last edited by asturias7; 24 Feb 2017 at 20:43.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58.
Find Us