Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    06 Feb 2017 #2051

    alkaufmann said: View Post
    If you are going to provide a link at least provide one that works and does not want you install a bunch of useless other stuff.
    I DO NOT post links with spam, viruses, etc. If you don't want to download it, don't.
    I simply uploaded a version that was passed on to me by a tech.
    If you have spyware, etc on your PC, that's your problem.
    Last edited by asturias7; 06 Feb 2017 at 20:22.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    06 Feb 2017 #2052

    has anyone ever determined what exactly causes the change in name between realtek high definition audio, and realtek audio?

    i download drivers from here whenever they are updated. sometimes they show under device manager under one name, sometimes under the other....is there an actual difference in performance and if so how do I determine which im getting before actually installing the driver?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    06 Feb 2017 #2053

    billneftleberg said: View Post
    has anyone ever determined what exactly causes the change in name between realtek high definition audio, and realtek audio?

    i download drivers from here whenever they are updated. sometimes they show under device manager under one name, sometimes under the other....is there an actual difference in performance and if so how do I determine which im getting before actually installing the driver?
    There's a name change?
    Whenever I download a .cab file and then extract its contents to a folder in order to update my driver via Device Manager, I always name it “Realtek HD Audio v6.0.1.80xx”... I always thought that Realtek HD Audio is/was Realtek HD Audio.
    Please explain further. Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    06 Feb 2017 #2054

    asturias7 said: View Post
    There's a name change?
    Whenever I download a .cab file and then extract its contents to a folder in order to update my driver via Device Manager, I always name it “Realtek HD Audio v6.0.1.80xx”... I always thought that Realtek HD Audio is/was Realtek HD Audio.
    Please explain further. Thanks.
    under sound and audio controllers under device manager, sometimes it switches from "realtek high definition audio" to "realtek audio".I never know beforehand which it will show up as....there is no appreciable sound difference as far as I can tell, but the naming under device manager definitely does change from time to time......i just dont know why

    when i install a cab file i dont rename anything, I just extract it to an empty desktop folder and point device manager to that folder to install. so the name change comes directly from realtek.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    06 Feb 2017 #2055

    billneftleberg said: View Post
    under sound and audio controllers under device manager, sometimes it switches from "realtek high definition audio" to "realtek audio".I never know beforehand which it will show up as....there is no appreciable sound difference as far as I can tell, but the naming under device manager definitely does change from time to time......i just dont know why

    when i install a cab file i dont rename anything, I just extract it to an empty desktop folder and point device manager to that folder to install. so the name change comes directly from realtek.
    I don't know what to say...
    I always see the same thing...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 02-06-17 at 08.26 PM.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	120169
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    06 Feb 2017 #2056

    asturias7 said: View Post
    I don't know what to say...
    I always see the same thing...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 02-06-17 at 08.26 PM.JPG 
Views:	44 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	120169
    heres mine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	120174

    but other times when update i'll see what yours says with a second line fir my monitors nvidia high definition audio output
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    06 Feb 2017 #2057

    billneftleberg said: View Post
    heres mine:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image2.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	120174

    but other times when update i'll see what yours says with a second line fir my monitors nvidia high definition audio output
    Is that NVIDIA HD Audio factory. meaning it came installed on your PC when you bought it?
    It seems strange to me that it changes name after certain updates.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    07 Feb 2017 #2058

    Last time when I uninstalled drivers, windows installed "HD Audio" drivers. After updating drivers to official 0008-64bit_Win7_Win8_Win81_Win10_R281 it is shown as "Realtek High definition Audio".
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 20,922
    Triple Boot 10 Pro & 10 Insider Pro & 8.1 Pro
       07 Feb 2017 #2059

    Odd. Name only comes from one place I can determine. Right from the device description.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-02-07_05h02_20.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	120215
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10.    07 Feb 2017 #2060

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Odd. Name only comes from one place I can determine. Right from the device description.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-02-07_05h02_20.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	164.4 KB 
ID:	120215
    And that comes from .INF file probably.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:27.
Find Us