Page 20 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast
  1.    10 Feb 2017 #191
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,960
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Ok, tried a bunch of other .inf which I could identify as another make of MB or computer and nothing changed. It's apparent that .inf are not determining factor.
    Mike, I know you're experienced .. Try wiping that audio drivers clean (uninstall) and start with original motherboard drivers. Update later.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    10 Feb 2017 #192
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,451
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreTen View Post
    Mike, I know you're experienced .. Try wiping that audio drivers clean (uninstall) and start with original motherboard drivers. Update later.
    I always do that when changing drivers. If possible I uninstall them with Revo, if not "Also delete files" from Device manager.
    Present drivers are 6.0.1. 6662 and gives me some sound corrections when looking at Sound from Control panel. Still nothing like I had on previous Gigabyte ga-890fxa-UD5 v 2,1 motherboard and same driver version. I'm somewhat of a packrat when it comes to drivers and utilities.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    11 Feb 2017 #193
    Join Date : Sep 2016
    Posts : 261
    Windows 10 64-bit

    Next update will be v6.0.1.8053.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    11 Feb 2017 #194
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,357
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.674)

    Couldn't you cheat and mix files from the old driver package that had all features you want with files from the latest version? You could replace only the driver files and let the rest as they are. In a successful mix of old and new files you would install the "old version" with all the features, but the driver files would be the latest so essentially you would have the newest drivers with the most features. Of course this is in theory, I don't know if you can do it in practice.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    11 Feb 2017 #195
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,451
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by spapakons View Post
    Couldn't you cheat and mix files from the old driver package that had all features you want with files from the latest version? You could replace only the driver files and let the rest as they are. In a successful mix of old and new files you would install the "old version" with all the features, but the driver files would be the latest so essentially you would have the newest drivers with the most features. Of course this is in theory, I don't know if you can do it in practice.
    Would have to chase all .dll and ,sys files, de-compile them and if anything changed who knows how and if they would work. Had to do that for an old scanner in W7 just to make it work and think it's another scanner but it had very few of them. It's counterproductive now as I'll be changing to Ryzen or Intel in few months and remains to be seen what it will look like there.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    11 Feb 2017 #196
    Join Date : Feb 2016
    Maribor, Slovenia
    Posts : 8,960
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    Would have to chase all .dll and ,sys files, de-compile them and if anything changed who knows how and if they would work. Had to do that for an old scanner in W7 just to make it work and think it's another scanner but it had very few of them. It's counterproductive now as I'll be changing to Ryzen or Intel in few months and remains to be seen what it will look like there.
    I would just copy the parent folder of old Realtek's drivers and check if there is any other inf file.

    Understand your position, I was in similar situation with old (but excellent) Umax scanner and lost few days before I got it to work

    Old drivers, installed with compatibility and admin rights must work, if they did before. If they never worked it's another story

    New Ryzen or Intel system should be event better
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    11 Feb 2017 #197
    Join Date : Apr 2015
    Posts : 229
    Windows 10 x64 v1703

    Some of those driver files include "Skins". An indication that could mean the hw id, that we now know also includes a m/b id, might be used not just for INF selection but by the driver software at startup. The "extras" are only provided if the h/w id (the "Matching device id" selected by Windows) indicates the right m/b or even m/b model (as Subsys is 8 digits and m/b vendor is only the first four)

    If that's the case, I don't know any way to "hack/mod" the h/w ids the device presents to Windows. Maybe someone else might??
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    11 Feb 2017 #198
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,357
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.674)

    I was thinking about something simpler. Extract the old driver files to a folder and the new driver files to another folder. Carefully select the DLL files with the same name from new driver and copy/replace to the old driver folder. It could work if they didn't change a lot within each DLL file.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    11 Feb 2017 #199
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,451
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by spapakons View Post
    I was thinking about something simpler. Extract the old driver files to a folder and the new driver files to another folder. Carefully select the DLL files with the same name from new driver and copy/replace to the old driver folder. It could work if they didn't change a lot within each DLL file.
    There are 20+ .dlls installed, wouldn't know which to replace and than there's a question to register it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    11 Feb 2017 #200
    Join Date : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,357
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1706 (CU build 15063.674)

    Then I'm afraid you are stuck with the older version until something better comes out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 - will the new win 10 driver ...
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
Drivers and Hardware
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:54.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums