Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    08 Feb 2018 #1881

    I wanted to inform everyone that MUC added four new 64-bit options to 6.0.1.8356 which should work for most people here, should you want to give this update a try: Microsoft Update Catalog

    They are all listed as "Company: Realtek Semiconductor Corp" and are the last ones as shown in this screenshot...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 02-08-18 at 12.56 AM.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	176081
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    08 Feb 2018 #1882

    asturias7 said: View Post
    I wanted to inform everyone that MUC added four new 64-bit options to 6.0.1.8356 which should work for most people here, should you want to give this update a try: Microsoft Update Catalog

    They are all listed as "Company: Realtek Semiconductor Corp" and are the last ones as shown in this screenshot...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 02-08-18 at 12.56 AM.JPG 
Views:	8 
Size:	147.9 KB 
ID:	176081
    6.0.1.8356 x64 with MBAPO Integration (137,8Mb)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    08 Feb 2018 #1883

    How does 8365 perform compared with previous ?
    Worth updating ............??
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    08 Feb 2018 #1884

    pietcorus2 said: View Post
    How does 8365 perform compared with previous ?
    Worth updating ............??
    It works better, I think. It's worth updating

    I do not have any glitches from my Edifier S760D, which sometimes appeared. But I do not know if it was the fault of the drivers or the hardware itself
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    08 Feb 2018 #1885

    the latest versions from WU are 6.0.1.8363 of these normal full packages and 6.0.3.8365 on WU has a size of 10.4 MB
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    08 Feb 2018 #1886

    " It's worth updating " ..........indeed it is !
    Good full sound , imo better then 8346/51/56 , nice bass also .
    Using it together with FxSound Enhancer , better then in the disco.........I love it , will keep this one !!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    08 Feb 2018 #1887

    Sometime in the last driver update or two I seem to have lost analogue 5.1 sound. Stereo appears to use both the Front and Rear speakers on each side, no output to Sub, center or rears when using the test feature.

    I've tried switching the output format to 16bit / 44.1 Khz, and then back to 24bit 96 Khz with no change. I've tried removing the items from the Device Manager but it still isn't working properly.

    Anyone have any advice?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    08 Feb 2018 #1888

    Do you update or completely remove the old driver first , which I think is best .
    I removed it first and made a fresh install with 8365 , Im content with the result and did not encounter any troubles..........
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    08 Feb 2018 #1889

    pietcorus2 said: View Post
    Do you update or completely remove the old driver first , which I think is best .
    I removed it first and made a fresh install with 8365 , Im content with the result and did not encounter any troubles..........
    Well I just tried the 6.0.1.8365 64-bit Only package from a previous post which uninstalled the driver first, rebooted, installed new one and rebooted. Still have the same behavior.


    Digital works fine, but I use Analog so I'm not switching around inputs when I dual boot (OSX & Win 10 64Bit). (The front end tool I have on Windows is the Asus Realtek HD Audio Manager)
    Last edited by Brink; 10 Feb 2018 at 17:15. Reason: removed link
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  •    08 Feb 2018 #1890

    tarasis said: View Post
    Well I just tried the 6.0.1.8365 64-bit Only package from a previous post which uninstalled the driver first, rebooted, installed new one and rebooted. Still have the same behavior.


    Digital works fine, but I use Analog so I'm not switching around inputs when I dual boot (OSX & Win 10 64Bit). (The front end tool I have on Windows is the Asus Realtek HD Audio Manager)
    So then I'm presuming you have an Asus motherboard...
    then you should be using an update that suits what you have.

    I suggest you try this update and see if it works:
    http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/driver/drvs/2018/01/67cb89ab-afea-419a-8bdb-528b98e26494_c4cbe12e3ddeff6534a1ac967f11d95bebd8b89f.cab
    Last edited by Brink; 10 Feb 2018 at 17:15. Reason: removed link
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  •  

    Related Threads
    Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
    Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
    New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
    My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
    Our Sites
    Site Links
    About Us
    Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

    Designer Media Ltd
    All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:39.
    Find Us