Windows 10: Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

  1.    29 Jan 2018 #1801

    Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 1/23/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8356

    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...x?q=6.0.1.8356
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,039
    Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10, Linux, Android, FreeBSD Unix
       29 Jan 2018 #1802

    Knew I opened a can of worms on the version vs chipset thing since even for the chips, each one can be different as it only have to meet the minimum specs so some can perform better or even sound different as no two chips, even the same model is 100% identical.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 4,089
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       29 Jan 2018 #1803

    Djavulen said: View Post
    Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 1/23/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8356

    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...x?q=6.0.1.8356

    Build 8356 are specifically for ASUS mobos.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    29 Jan 2018 #1804

    Well, we are on ASUS Z-97K , so,when x64 is available this driver could be very nice ................will see
    For now will stay on 8346 , untill good news appears !
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 31,355
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 18219
    Thread Starter
       29 Jan 2018 #1805

    Djavulen said: View Post
    Realtek Semiconductor Corp. - MEDIA - 1/23/2018 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.1.8356

    https://www.catalog.update.microsoft...x?q=6.0.1.8356
    Thank you. First post updated. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    29 Jan 2018 #1806

    DooGie said: View Post
    Build 8356 are specifically for ASUS mobos.
    What do you mean? What is special or different in this driver?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    29 Jan 2018 #1807

    Hi,

    Almighty1 said: View Post
    Knew I opened a can of worms on the version vs chipset thing since even for the chips, each one can be different as it only have to meet the minimum specs so some can perform better or even sound different as no two chips, even the same model is 100% identical.
    That's true but applying massive amounts of local and global negative feedback usually wipe most differences under the carpet though.

    Cheers,
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    29 Jan 2018 #1808

    hurricane28 said: View Post
    What do you mean? What is special or different in this driver?
    Apart from the file size being considerably smaller, usually the latest updates, at least for 64-bit are 135 MB...
    take a look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASUS.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	174692
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Jan 2018 #1809

    asturias7 said: View Post
    Apart from the file size being considerably smaller, usually the latest updates, at least for 64-bit are 135 MB...
    take a look.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASUS.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	99.8 KB 
ID:	174692
    Yeah i saw that the package was a lot smaller as its 32 bit driver and the 64 bit is going to be bigger later. I don't quite understand what Asus has to do with this though. I am running Asus motherboard so i should install this?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 4,089
    Wndows 10 x64 Home version 1803
       29 Jan 2018 #1810

    hurricane28 said: View Post
    Yeah i saw that the package was a lot smaller as its 32 bit driver and the 64 bit is going to be bigger later. I don't quite understand what Asus has to do with this though. I am running Asus motherboard so i should install this?
    It's worth a try, if you don't like it or have any problems you can always roll back to the previous driver.

    ASUS get Realtek to code drivers to their specific requirements (hopefully)
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:39.
Find Us