Page 170 of 203 FirstFirst ... 70120160168169170171172180 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 39
    Windows 10 Home x64
       02 Dec 2016 #1691

    asturias7 said: View Post
    They're the same.
    That, and the one from MS is just the exact same contents of the one folder (WIN64) from the full Realtek download.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,231
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       02 Dec 2016 #1692

    To my ears these drivers are better than build 8000, less edgy and brash. Very like build 7986, unless I had two identical setups to compare them both on I can't be certain. However I've got no reason to replace 8004 so for now they are staying installed
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,393
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       02 Dec 2016 #1693

    Hi,

    Very like build 7986, unless I had two identical setups to compare them both on I can't be certain.
    LOL.
    As it happens I have two machines using the same Realtek chip and I can tell you that your auditory memory is in excellent condition, DooGie.

    Cheers,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,231
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       02 Dec 2016 #1694

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,



    LOL.
    As it happens I have two machines using the same Realtek chip and I can tell you that your auditory memory is in excellent condition, DooGie.

    Cheers,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,096
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       02 Dec 2016 #1695

    Even if the two versions are the same, I don't trust Windows Update. I rather manually download the latest driver from Realtek's site and install it to be on the safe side.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,231
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       02 Dec 2016 #1696

    spapakons said: View Post
    Even if the two versions are the same, I don't trust Windows Update. I rather manually download the latest driver from Realtek's site and install it to be on the safe side.
    When you say Windows Update are you referring to Microsoft Update Catalog?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 39
    Windows 10 Home x64
       02 Dec 2016 #1697

    DooGie said: View Post
    To my ears these drivers are better than build 8000, less edgy and brash. Very like build 7986, unless I had two identical setups to compare them both on I can't be certain. However I've got no reason to replace 8004 so for now they are staying installed
    Have to agree, first thing I noticed with 8004 is that the details of 7986 are back again, or even more distinct than before over 8000.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Sep 2015
    Posts : 2,096
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 1607 (AE build 14393.693)
       02 Dec 2016 #1698

    I was referring to post #1691 by IntelliMoo. He commented both drivers were the same meaning the one from Microsoft Update Catalog (or Windows Update) and the other from Realtek. I always prefer the OEM driver over Microsoft, to maximize compatibility and performance. In many cases the Microsoft drivers provide only basic functionality and do not take advantage of the device's capabilities. I certainly hate that! I want to squeeze every available bit of performance out of my system and of course have full functionality, all features enabled.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Mar 2015
    Stockport UK
    Posts : 1,231
    Wndows 10 x64 Home
       02 Dec 2016 #1699

    spapakons said: View Post
    I was referring to post #1691 by IntelliMoo. He commented both drivers were the same meaning the one from Microsoft Update Catalog (or Windows Update) and the other from Realtek. I always prefer the OEM driver over Microsoft, to maximize compatibility and performance. In many cases the Microsoft drivers provide only basic functionality and do not take advantage of the device's capabilities. I certainly hate that! I want to squeeze every available bit of performance out of my system and of course have full functionality, all features enabled.
    The Microsoft Drivers are supplied to them by Realtek. I honestly can't see why you have a problem with them ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2015
    Posts : 1,393
    Windows 10 Pro X64
       02 Dec 2016 #1700

    Hi,

    I always prefer the OEM driver over Microsoft, to maximize compatibility and performance. In many cases the Microsoft drivers provide only basic functionality and do not take advantage of the device's capabilities.
    Basic functionality ? How so ?

    Cheers,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 - will the new win 10 driver ...
Hello : I have my realtek driver tweaked in windows 7 , I have it set in the registry to have 2 outputs , instead of one - will the new win 10 driver be able to be adjusted ... Thanks
Drivers and Hardware
Realtek HD Audio audio output speaker issue on Windows 10 RTM 10240
Hello Everyone. I have a Jabra bluetooth speaker (the Solemate Mini). On Windows 8.1 I plug it in to my laptop using the 3.5mm to 3.5mm cable and then, when I watch a movie, it correctly outputs to the speaker and does not use my laptop speakers....
Drivers and Hardware
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU
New RealTek HD Audio Driver available in WU. 18634
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Need audio driver for VIA VT1708S onboard audio.
My ASUS M4N68T-M V2 has a VIA VT1708S onboard audio. The driver I have that worked in Windows 8.1 v10_1200a won't work in 10. Windows doesn't even see the onboard video so it doesn't even look for a driver. It doesn't show up in device manager. In...
Drivers and Hardware
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:10.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums